Youtube clips

KingPin

Hmyes. I seemed to remember that video was also available elsewhere, but I couldn't find it quickly enough.

I was just annoyed by that guy talking through it and the constant noise he was producing.

Hmyes. I seemed to remember that video was also available elsewhere, but I couldn't find it quickly enough.

I was just annoyed by that guy talking through it and the constant noise he was producing.

Indeed - ambient noises are the bane of audiophiles such as us. However, in instances where we have no other options, we have to make do with what we have.

If a clear video is out there somewhere, be sure to let me know as I would be much interested in seeing it.

A clip of the infamous walkout at La Scala by Roberto Alagna, a famous tenor...

This was a big story in December, he got booed by the elitist "loggionisti" there after a slightly imperfect aria in the leading role of Verdi's Aida, and just quit the performance and walked off stage. An understudy in jeans and wild hair (Hagrid, is that you? :( ) had to step in mid-scene, actually mid-duet!

Article: Roberto Alagna Storms Offstage of La Scala's Aida

So unprofessional...

A clip of the infamous walkout at La Scala by Roberto Alagna, a famous tenor...

This was a big story in December, he got booed by the elitist "loggionisti" there after a slightly imperfect aria in the leading role of Verdi's Aida, and just quit the performance and walked off stage. An understudy in jeans and wild hair (Hagrid, is that you? :) ) had to step in mid-scene, actually mid-duet!

Article: Roberto Alagna Storms Offstage of La Scala's Aida

So unprofessional...

Yikes....that makes me cringe.

Someone actually managed to upload the entire War of the Worlds soundtrack to YouTube. I didn't think they could post things that long.

With a Director's account there is no time limit, but a filesize limit (100 MB)

Pretty good, better then the version Williams recorded with the BPO in the early 80's.

That was faaar...toooo...ssssllloooowwww....

Indeed. :sleepy:

I can't imagine how Williams could possibly think the piece sounded good at that speed.

Some fun ones I ran across...

Hilarious Morecambe & Wise sketch with Andre Previn conducting/playing Grieg :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33oQRhxeIbQ

Bernstein and Jose Carreras at recording sessions for West Side Story

Insane.... ;) Lot of great Bernstein clips on YouTube

EDIT:

JW at Spielberg's Kennedy Center with "Make Our Garden Grow" is now online-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwM35ENXm_A

Carreras & Bernstein had some great tantrums during those sessions, Carreras kept screwing up 'Something's Coming' too. I love Humphrey Burton's West Side Story documentary - a great insight into the genius of Lenny and the orchestral recording process!

As a point of interest, the recording engineer you see in that clip is John McClure (blue denim shirt & glasses) who also engineered many of Williams' Philips BPO CD's after George Korngold. He too was a legend in his field, pioneering the many classic New York Philharmonic recordings from the 1960's.

- Tim, who loves the Boston Pops concertized theme from The Patriot also posted on youtube. Yet another reminder of Sony & Williams really needing to release another CD!

Carreras & Bernstein had some great tantrums during those sessions, Carreras kept screwing up 'Something's Coming' too. I love Humphrey Burton's West Side Story documentary - a great insight into the genius of Lenny and the orchestral recording process!

Yes, it's a pretty lovely documentary. I also remember that after one of the tantrums between Carreras and Bernstein, the famed tenor blows up and says a huge blasphemy in Italian language! :)

Yes, it's a pretty lovely documentary. I also remember that after one of the tantrums between Carreras and Bernstein, the famed tenor blows up and says a huge blasphemy in Italian language! :)

I always wondered what he was saying, if it's too explicit to post can you please PM me? ;)

- Tim.

I always wondered what he was saying, if it's too explicit to post can you please PM me? :thumbup:

- Tim.

You can hear it when the "Maria" session is over and Carrerars badly want to do another take... I *strongly* suggest you not to say it loud if you come in Italy one day! :thumbup: It's a real nasty blasphemy.

Ok , next time I visit Italy , I will try it.

btw , for those who never heard Mahler's 8 symphony,

is a"nice" clip Chorus Mysticus , ending

of that piece. Probably the most awesome music ever written.

(that guy is little bit annoying but if you listen to this music too much, it finally will drive you crazy)

Probably the most awesome music ever written.

(that guy is little bit annoying but if you listen to this music too much, it finally will drive you crazy)

Of course you think it is the most awesome music.....because you're a Horn Player! :)

But I wholeheartedly agree, Mahler's 8th is indeed a grand piece of music.

This guy (Brandon Hardesty) is one of my favorite people on YouTube. Check out his other stuff for some fan-made greatness.

• 4 weeks later...

A Tribute to some of the best soundtracks ever part 2

I have created my new soundtrack tribute and is now on youtube for viewing. Featuring music from John Williams, Howard Shore and Alan Silvestri including his lovely piece from Cast Away (and not the braveheart music which was in the trailer)

I know there is a lot more soundtracks out there that were not included but I only get 10 minutes so dont think I forgot your favourites just dont get enough time in the clip ;)

ps - realised i spelt consideration wrong in the heading :mrgreen:

I have created my new soundtrack tribute and is now on youtube for viewing. Featuring music from John Williams, Howard Shore and Alan Silvestri including his lovely piece from Cast Away (and not the braveheart music which was in the trailer)

I know there is a lot more soundtracks out there that were not included but I only get 10 minutes so dont think I forgot your favourites just dont get enough time in the clip ;)

Very well done. Congratulations.

I agree with Miguel...good job, and look forward to seeing many more!

I know there is a lot more soundtracks out there that were not included but I only get 10 minutes so dont think I forgot your favourites just dont get enough time in the clip :D

ps - realised i spelt consideration wrong in the heading ;)

I agree with Miguel...good job, and look forward to seeing many more!

thanks for the kind comments

Temple of the Bear skin hats!

Buckingham palace band play raiders march

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Oh, and they play a bit of

The 2nd clip only reinforces the idea that all Brits are pure evil........which we are :(

Does the Emperess (the Queen) walk through the view wearing a black cloak a few seconds later?

Rule Britania, huh? Imperialists!

Lawrence - "Yes. You were great. Time to be great again, my lord"

(Deciding to quote a bit of lawrence of Arabia, for the hell of it. :(