Youtube clips

KingPin

I have never seen

before! Itzhak Perlman talks about his experience of playing Schindler's List, plus the whole performance on video! Not the recording sessions (I would have liked that better!) but some concert. I like the moment at 2:50 when JW seems to be saying, "Orchestra, pipe down! We wanna hear Itzhak, not you guys!"

:nono:

Robin Williams is a known video game fan. In fact, he reportedly named his daughter after the game The Legend of Zelda.

Hey

Hope this hasnt been posted before. John Williams appears to be a favourite of the Royal Guard...

1:30 onwards.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

Hope this hasnt been posted before. John Williams appears to be a favourite of the Royal Guard...

1:30 onwards.

That was excellent! Superb renditions on every account and I particulary liked their ESB Ends Credits take on the Imperial March ;)

It's funny how much people remember the 80's so fondly, since it was apparantly a crappy decade.

Hey all, just wanted to put this out there. I'm doing a new series of JW music videos: ET

Right now, I only have "Toys" available, but I'm about to upload "Searching for ET - We're Dying" alternate.

My next will be "ET is dying," then "Saying Goodbye (complete alternate)" which'll have the album music and the extra horn notes rather than making the video have the same scene three times, or what have you...

You can watch "Toys" here

"Toys" Alternate

I'll keep you updated on the next ones. Expect "Searching for ET" within an hour or so... it's currently saving, then I have to upload it.

EDIT:

"Searching for ET - We're Dying"

Searching for ET - We're Dying

It's funny how much people remember the 80's so fondly, since it was apparantly a crappy decade.

I had a good time in the 80's.

"ET is Dying" is now up...

"ET is Dying"

I'd like to get some input.

note: I know that the aspect ratios are a little screwy on some videos. It's not me. I'm saving them allthe same... but youtube sometimes stretches them... and sometimes it doesn't...

still too long? I dont' recall you saying that before so I'm not sure why you say "still"...

I like to have a nice intro and ending.... The whole point of an intro is to get you into the mood of what your viewing. It's why films use to force directors to have the credits in the beginning so people can adjust and aclamate to what they're about to be apart of.

I find nothing wrong with them but whatever.

I'm glad of all the thought provoking aspects of them, that's the one thing you say...

still too long? I dont' recall you saying that before so I'm not sure why you say "still"...

I've mentioned it on your JP and SW edits too. And it's a five-minute clip, not a feature film, so it doesn't need to be that long.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort.

I've mentioned it on your JP and SW edits too. And it's a five-minute clip, not a feature film, so it doesn't need to be that long.

sorry... I'm just disappointed people didn't talk more about the video and simply found little... uninportant aspects about them that...frankly... have NOTHING to do with the video itself to complain about... I just wish people here, films score buffs like my self, some composers, some people who want to do this for a living... that they arn't discussing why cues are used or not used... why one version is used over another... what JW did differently in one alternate to another...

Instead, all I get are people who comment on my videos saying they "dumb" on "not neccesary" and that there "is no point." Or like what you and another said that I credited the wrong person or the intro is too long... rather than discussing what the video is about...

I mean, it's ironic how fast you all are to complain about people... or scores... or the state of scores today... but none of you have anything to say about he process and how incapable you all are when it comes to describing what a good score is...

but its ok... sorry if I was being mean... I'm just... dissapointed.

So he should change it just because you say so?

It's his artistic effort and edit - he can do whatever he wants to. Lighten up.

And keep it up GoodMusician - there *are* those of us here who appreciate things such as these without the need to be critical of trivialities.

So he should change it just because you say so?

What?

No.

What's with all the hissy fits over this?

Tell me about it.

sorry... I'm just disappointed people didn't talk more about the video and simply found little... uninportant aspects about them that...frankly... have NOTHING to do with the video itself to complain about... I just wish people here, films score buffs like my self, some composers, some people who want to do this for a living... that they arn't discussing why cues are used or not used... why one version is used over another... what JW did differently in one alternate to another...

Instead, all I get are people who comment on my videos saying they "dumb" on "not neccesary" and that there "is no point." Or like what you and another said that I credited the wrong person or the intro is too long... rather than discussing what the video is about...

I mean, it's ironic how fast you all are to complain about people... or scores... or the state of scores today... but none of you have anything to say about he process and how incapable you all are when it comes to describing what a good score is...

but its ok... sorry if I was being mean... I'm just... dissapointed.

I very much appreciate what you do on YouTube!

thank you guys... but dont' worry about it... and don't start arguing any more about it lol...we've dealt with it. If you'd like to discuss this stuff, go to the ET thread... heh