The best un-official Superman score is....

Ed Shearmur's Sky Captain. I was listening to this excellent score on the way to work after a long respite from it and I'm more impressed now with the technique employed and variety of orchestral colors he used for this score. I actually thought that his Main Theme was a perfect vintage Superman theme that really nailed the type of harmonic motion that composers of the '40s used. I think Shearmur would have done a helluva job on Superman Returns in fact.

Incidently, what's he up to these days? I think he's got the most talent of anyone in their '30s that's currently composing for big films.

NP- Reign of Fire (Shearmur)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Captain isn't too bad, it's a shame the movie turned out to be so bad because visually it's fun.

David Arnold - The Musketeer

James Horner - The Rocketeer

Good choices Mark. Arnold is another guy that could have done a wonderful job with Superman. And Horner, well, he's so good at ripping off other film scores this would have been a cakewalk for him! ROTFLMAO

Conti? Superman? Would have been interesting to hear what he made of it!

Greg - who loves Masters of the Universe - and had the pleasure of conducting the main title last night....