Transformers Teaser...

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never expected depth in a transformers movie. It's pretty much all about the spetacle and the retro nostalgia. I think Michael Bay can handle a subject like this well. As it is, it's one of the must see movies in 2007 for me. I loved the show and the toys.

I never expected depth in a transformers movie. It's pretty much all about the spetacle and the retro nostalgia.

Indeed.

- Marc, who couldn't care less about this movie.

If I remember correctly, they assumed earthly form when they arrived from Cybertorn, so they wouldn't stand out too much. The veichles are not their orginal forms.

. ZZZZZZ BOOOOOOOOOM

The antichrist of Williams trade mark :P

If I remember correctly, they assumed earthly form when they arrived from Cybertorn, so they wouldn't stand out too much. The veichles are not their orginal forms.

:oops:

I liked what Director Michael Bay did with the movie "The Island", so I'm not entirely pessimistic about him directing Transformers (2007). But I do agree that the surface of Mars in the trailer looks like any dried up lake bed you could find in California. Certainly they could add some CGI rocks and red dust or sand in there. Maybe the average person won't care, but I have a collection of images from the Mars Rover and so I know the difference. Also, I really wanted to hear the Transformers Theme and that trademark "transforming" sound that they used in the animated series. So I agree completely with the other posters on that.

According to Soundtrack.net, a composer named Steve Jablonsky did the music for the trailer. I have never heard of him. Anybody know who this guy is? The article is here:

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=776

So that kills all hope I had of John Williams scoring this movie. Oh well.

I am a big TRANSFORMERS fan and have the box set of the entire series. The animated movie is a cult classic. So I WANT to like this movie. I just hope it doesn't end up like what happened when they took the MASTERS of the UNIVERSE animated series and turned it into a live action movie and it didn't work. I will need to see a full length trailer to make a better judgment.

I actually liked the Transformer cartoons of the 80's.

Me too. In fact I still enjoy the movie version of the cartoon, with such luminaries as Leonard Nimoy and Orson Wells. What other 80s cartoon movie had the guts to kill off every major character from the TV series. :)

According to Soundtrack.net, a composer named Steve Jablonsky did the music for the trailer.  I have never heard of him.  Anybody know who this guy is?  The article is here:

So that kills all hope I had of John Williams scoring this movie.  Oh well.  

I think Jablonsky did The Island, actually.

And when did it ever seem likely Williams was going to score this? :)

According to Soundtrack.net, a composer named Steve Jablonsky did the music for the trailer.  I have never heard of him. Anybody know who this guy is?

He's a Media Ventures/Remote Control Productions monkey.

Yes he's one of the 20 composers who worked on POTC.

I've heard a rumor that the Transformer's movie (The animated one) is getting a deluxe DVD treatment this fall. What I would give for a remastered widescreen version.

Yes he's one of the 20 composers who worked on POTC.

For reasons unknown, this cracked me up! ROTFLMAO

Who didn't like Transformers as a child? I loved them too. This teaser is as much as you can get out of that series.

I'm sure this would have been a John Williams classic; E.T., Schindler's List, Memoirs Of A Geisha ... Transformers?

omg transformers. nostalgia. ya we shoudl get williams to do it. then there would be this sick autobots theme.

I've heard a rumor that the Transformer's movie (The animated one) is getting a deluxe DVD treatment this fall. What I would give for a remastered widescreen version.

Yup.

transformers-the-movie-20th-anniversary-special-edition-20060530080522513.jpg

Who didn't like Transformers as a child?

Me. But maybe I'm just bitter I never got any of those cool toys.

I wasnt really into it as a kid either, but I'll of course watch the movie next summer. I was such a Ninja Turtle Freak and also had ALL the Jurassic Park toys too.

I wasnt really into it as a kid either, but I'll of course watch the movie next summer. I was such a Ninja Turtle Freak and also had ALL the Jurassic Park toys too.

:|

Yup.

:| Thanks, Marc.

I own about 200 of the original Transformers. I watch the 1986 movie a lot. I own that film's soundtrack.

That said, I cried when I heard they were making a live-action version. It breaks my heart. Even if they use the original theme and the sound effects, I will not see it. I haven't liked one movie Michael Bay has directed, and I doubt this one will win me over.

Yup.

Sweet! Forget Michael Bay and live action, this is all the 80s nostalga I need.

According to Soundtrack.net, a composer named Steve Jablonsky did the music for the trailer.  I have never heard of him.  Anybody know who this guy is?  The article is here:

So that kills all hope I had of John Williams scoring this movie.  Oh well.  

I think Jablonsky did The Island, actually.

And when did it ever seem likely Williams was going to score this? ;)

Thanks. I will have to watch The Island again and take a closer listen to the score, to see if I like his style.

As for John Williams doing the score...I had my hopes because Steven Spielberg is overseeing the production and I know John Williams has scored almost everything that Steven Spielberg has been involved in. Steven said in an interview that he wanted to make this movie the best that it could be, so that they could make sequels. To me the best equals John Williams. But we'll see what Jablonsky does.

Frankly, the idea of Spielberg and Bay working on anything together, scares the piss out of me. But I'll try to keep my hopes up. Then again, I don't know how good the story needs to be to make this movie work. Giant robots wreaking havoc on a city doesn't require much of one, I suppose.

Tim

For supremely nostalgic reasons, I'm actually quite excited about this.

What was the name of that pink female sports car? She was pretty hot...

I just happy that my favorite Transformer will show up (Prowl), and that they will be using as much original voice actors as possible.

And it's generation 1 transformers: Prowl, Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Star Scream, Thundercracker, Megatron. And I do think it's a pretty easy film to get right. More responsability lies on ILM's shoulders than on Bay's.

Do you know what was the name of the good guys planes' boss? The one that looks like a concorde. And mixed with five fighters to make a big robot?

It was the 1st i had, but i cannot remember his name :)

I know John Williams has scored almost everything that Steven Spielberg has been involved in.

I don't think so. Look at Spielberg long list of credits as a producer or executive producer (which he is on Transformers). Williams was only involved in a fraction of those.

Do you know what was the name of the good guys planes' boss? The one that looks like a concorde. And mixed with five fighters to make a big robot?  

It was the 1st i had, but i cannot remember his name

Silverbolt, leader of the Aerialbots.. The 'big robot' was called Superion.