Air Bud's score

ebertfan92

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding, right? First, I don't think it sounds all that much like Williams, although it is a very nice score in my opinion. Second, a composer with as much Hollywood presence as Williams could likely pick and choose which films he writes for. I doubt he would resort to creating an alias for fear of loss of reputation. Besides, I would think that the filmmakers would WANT Williams name attached to a film if he composed it. I also think that Air Bud was a Disney film. And when was the last time Williams scored a film under Disney?

John Williams doesn't write scores under different names.

K.M.

Well, there was that 'Johnny' phase.

"Why John Williams would want to score a movie with a dog that plays basketball?"

Probably because it's original, and never been done before? And because the dog is a good actor.

The real question is:

Why John Williams would want to score a movie with a dog that plays basketball? :|

You have to understand, this was around the time Lucas sent him the TPM script.

You're kidding, right? First, I don't think it sounds all that much like Williams, although it is a very nice score in my opinion. Second, a composer with as much Hollywood presence as Williams could likely pick and choose which films he writes for. I doubt he would resort to creating an alias for fear of loss of reputation. Besides, I would think that the filmmakers would WANT Williams name attached to a film if he composed it. I also think that Air Bud was a Disney film. And when was the last time Williams scored a film under Disney?

i agree. it does not sound at all like williams. however, williams did do banning back batam or whatever that track was in Hook. so it IS possible. but i doubt he did air bud.

i agree. it does not sound at all like williams. however, williams did do banning back batam or whatever that track was in Hook. so it IS possible. but i doubt he did air bud.

Yeah, but Banning Back Home is a jazz song and we all know that Williams wrote jazz early in his career, so BBH does indeed sound like (early) Williams.

bbh is jazz? i thought we said somewhere earlier it was contemporary elevator music, maybe easy listening. i dont hear jazz in that. course when i think jazz, i think dixieland, or cool, or bebop or fusion.

I think it has some jazz elements, but I think it would be classified as easy listening or maybe contemporary jazz.

Yeah John, like JW needs that money!

Of course JW would never score B-movies like this.

Totally.

Scoring Air Bud would be an insult to Williams' great and succesful career with scores such as E.T., Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schindler's List, Superman, Heartbeeps, Always, The Fury, Space Camp, Stanley and Iris, 1941, Yes Giorgio, Black Sunday, Fitzwilly, and John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!

No thanks, B-Movies.