POTC: Name That Lift

AlohaBlunts

What is it about a Media Ventures (a.k.a Clone Control) "score" that no matter how much you lower the volume, it just keeps getting progressively louder?

Anyways, I was thinking about some of their scores (don't ask why) and I remembered that POTC was basically a "greatest hits". I know this has been talked about at great length, but let's give it another round, just for fun.

What other Media Ventures scores are heard in POTC? Track by track, specifically.

Fog Bound - Pearl Harbor

The Medallion Calls - The Rock (IIRC)

Swords Crossed - Black Hawk Down

That's all I can remember off the top of my head without having to listen to the score again.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a total lift from Gladiator from the bit where Maximus gets on to his horse in one of the Colosseum fights (it also appears earlier in the movie though i cant precisely remember where). In POTC, that phrase appeared with Sparrow's first escape iirc

What other Media Ventures scores are heard in POTC? Track by track, specifically.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head without having to listen to the score again.

Doing it from memory, like you:

"Too Many Notes, Not Enough Rests" from Drop Zone, in "Moonlight Serenade" (I think that's the PotC track, but I'm definitely not sure; besides, I believe this Drop Zone phrase is quoted in two tracks); that phrase was used in the trailer for The Mask of Zorro, and probably other trailers; it's a great exciting little piece.

PotC is a "best of", indeed.

There's lots of Gladiator throughout, and also a bit of Kilar's Dracula.

Would it be one of those moments when Kilar uses Holst's "Mars"?

obpir0004.gif

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to come up with something.

That means I would actually have to listen to some of their music.

That Jim Dooley cue from Black Hawk Down (i think it's called Tribal War") has an appearance in this awful moonlight serenade cue. Bits of Drop Zone and Peacemaker are used throughout the action material. The theme is an odd combination of Peacemaker, Drop Zone and Gladiator. I am not going to waste any more thoughts on the embarrassing rest.

There's lots of Gladiator throughout' date=' and also a bit of Kilar's Dracula.[/quote']

Would it be one of those moments when Kilar uses Holst's "Mars"?

obpir0004.gif

No, it's that soft piano ostinato when before Dracula reads Mina's Letter, in track 1. In POTC, you can hear it when Barbossa is starting the ritual to lift the curse, don't know the exact name of the cue.

I was just surfing around Wikipedia and decided to check out Zimmer's entry (hoping to see something about his factory assembly methods, but there was none) and it seems that Media Ventures is now known as Remote Control Productions? Gee, what a fitting name.

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to come up with something.

That means I would actually have to listen to some of their music.

Same here.... LOL