Which actor is the best Bond?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sean Connery
    • George Lazenby
    • Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan

No I'm not joking. BTW, Moonraker is also my favorite Bond score.

finally you are talking some sense, it's my fav Bond score too, actually, it was the first score i ever owned

:) 'Moonraker - The Definitive Edition' (Home-made CDR featuring the complete score + source cues, in chronological order)

PS. The unreleased cues are taken from the VHS, what did you think? :P

I think you are a very desperate man.

Stefancos- who is sure Ricard had a similar home made boot of TOD YEARS before Takis took a crack at it.

Stefancos II- who thinks FLIGHT IN SPACE is utterly brilliant.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I too, am from the Moore generation and he was my favorite for a long while, so he's still a close second as the best Bond for me.

For all its flaws, Moonraker has several qualities as well:

1. Jaws. He's the last real nemesis to face Bond, you couldn't help but wonder if he was going to end up crushing him or not. All other villains after him have just been mere obstacles.

2. Dr. Holly Goodhead, you just gotta love that name! Also, actress Lois Chiles is not only beautiful, but she actually looks smart, so you can buy her as a rocket scientist. Bimbo Denise Richards as a Nuclear Scientist in shorts?!? Please!

3. It's the last Bond film to use the 007 theme. God, how I miss that one!

4. The whole score is outstanding, it's also the last title song by Shirley Bassey, isn't it?

5. The effects were actually quite good for the time.

6. That little Close Encounters musical code. Everyone here should actually love that!

007. Roger Moore. After Connery, Roger Moore is James Bond!

:mrgreen:

Jaws was retarded and I don't just mean in the film. Moonkraker represents Bond at the pinnacle of its "cheesyness". The film clearly reached the bottom of the proverbial barrel and could never go that low again. :)

Alright .... alright ....

I will admit he was sort of "fun" in a goofy way. I just felt he was too over the top/ It should have been played down more like that Chinese guy in Goldfinger. He was an awesome heavy.

For all its flaws, Moonraker has several qualities as well:

1. Jaws.  He's the last real nemesis to face Bond, you couldn't help but wonder if he was going to end up crushing him or not.  All other villains after him have just been mere obstacles.

Yes, but how many times do we have to see Bond hit him in the teeth?

2.  Dr. Holly Goodhead, you just gotta love that name!  Also, actress Lois Chiles is not only beautiful, but she actually looks smart, so you can buy her as a rocket scientist.  Bimbo Denise Richards as a Nuclear Scientist in shorts?!?  Please!

Denise Richards in shorts is no more ludicrous than Pussy Galore's Flying Circus. You remember a bunch of hot women as professional pilots, right? It's all part of the James Bond fantasy.

3. It's the last Bond film to use the 007 theme.  God, how I miss that one!

No argument here.

4. The whole score is outstanding, it's also the last title song by Shirley Bassey, isn't it?

Yes.....for now.

5. The effects were actually quite good for the time.

Derek Meddings had to leave Superman- The Movie to do Moonraker. The man was a genius.

6. That little Close Encounters musical code.  Everyone here should actually love that!

It's cute. A similar joke was used in the next Bond film For Your Eyes Only, when Q types in the first couple of notes to "Nobody Does It Better". Bond completes the musical phrase as they enter the identigraph room.

007. Roger Moore.  After Connery, Roger Moore is James Bond!

:devil:

You are correct, after Pierce Brosnan, Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby. :mrgreen:

Neil

Well I saw Moonraker.

:)

:cool:

banghead

LOL Just kidding. :cool:

Like Neil said it was quite good up until Bond gets to Venice. The opening parachute chase was incredible!! :wow:

Although the whole thing with Jaws finding love in his life.... :thumbup::sleep1: :cool:

Overall I thought it was was sucky. Parts were good. I loved the Close Encounters tribute. The score was good although I still like other Bond scores better.

3. It's the last Bond film to use the 007 theme. God, how I miss that one!

WWWWWHHHHAAAAATTTTT????

The last film with the bond theme?

That's bull crap. :)

What a festering pile of smelly shi-..........

Hehe ahem. :oops:

Justin -Who got a little caried away. ;)

No, you are confusing the 007 Theme with the James Bond Theme.

The 007 Theme is a piece of music written by Barry for From Russia With Love, and used is several others Bond films after that, Moonraker being the last one.

In Moonraker it underscores the speedboat chase in the amazon jungle.

Stefancos- who will leave it up to Neil to list the other films featuring the 007 Theme. :thumbup:

No, you are confusing the 007 Theme with the James Bond Theme.

The 007 Theme is a piece of music written by Barry for From Russia With Love, and used is several others Bond films after that, Moonraker being the last one.

In Moonraker it underscores the speedboat chase in the amazon jungle.

Huh? :wow: That theme?

Neil? Where else does this theme show up?? Information please!! :wow:

Justin -Who never knew that Barry wrote a theme for James Bond. :)

The 007 Theme appeared in the following Bond films.

-From Russia With Love

-Thunderball (in a wonderfull "calypso" style arrangement)

-You Only Live Twice

-Diamonds Are Forever

-Moonraker

Justin -Who never knew that Barry wrote a theme for James Bond.

Dammit, don't you even know that HE was the one that wrote the James Bond Theme, not Monty Norman?

Stefancos- who will probably be sued by Norman for this statement.

I don't think the "007 Theme" appears in You Only Live Twice.

You can hear it in:

From Russia With Love during the gypsy camp fight and when they are stealing the LECTOR

Thunderball when Bond is running away from Fiona and her henchman at the junkanoo and during the final fight on the Disco Volante (my favorite version of "007")

Diamonds are Forever during the fight on the dock

Moonraker as Steef has already said during the boat chase in the Amazon

Neil