A heads-up for Silvestri fans - new CDs on the way!

BigMacGyver

Copy/pasted this from my page for you:

A number of CD releases with music composed and conducted by the man himself will hit the road during late July/early August.

First, his music for DisneySea Tokyo's 5th anniversary show The Sea Legend Of Mythica (2006) will be released on CD on July 19th followed by the long rumoured Film Score Monthly release of his early work for the cop TV series CHiPs (1977-1983) which is expected to be announced through the label's website at the end of July while Silva Screen Records dedicated a compilation to him as a part of their Film Music Masterworks series which will contain Silvestri themes recorded by the City Of Prague Philharmonic and comes out on late August/early September.

In addition to that, Intrada's third Amazing Stories Anthology release will include his score for the Bob Zemeckis episode Go To The Head Of The Class. It is expected to come out late summer.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The release was rumoured since mid 2005. Let me guarantee that the rumour is very strong and comes from people-in-the-knows. Besides that, it fits the latest clue like a glove.

I'd say chances are 90% that one of the next two FSM releases will be CHiPs.

Hmm... yes, you're probably right. You got news of the Elmer box before anyone else, I suppose...

...but I'm still waiting for Rosza's Sherlock Holmes 3-CD set! :)

A few years ago I was in L.A. and C.H.i.P. officer passed me on his motorcycle on the highway.

The first thing that popped into my mind was Silvestri's theme.

Of course not all rumours are so strong :)

Some may just turn out to be fanboy hoax. Remember the indy trilogy re-recordings? ;)

That's why I put them on as rumour and not news.

The irony is that John Carl Parker composed the CHiPs main theme but Alan Silvestri provided a strong re-arrangement of it, I believe for the 2nd season's openings with strong, early Silvestri-trademarks.

Is the CHiPs release an intelligent guess (based on the clues) or do you actually know?

Maybe he's confused and is thinking of Goodbye, Mr. "CHiPs". :)

But then, one of the clues for the next FSM releases is, "...early work by a very well-known contemporary composer."

Neil

...but I'm still waiting for Rosza's Sherlock Holmes 3-CD set!

Hey, rob. You are in for a big surprise: Not FSM, but Tadlow music is going to release Rosza's complete score including the violin concert but it's a re-recording of the same quality as their recent Guns of Navarone and True Grit reconstructions. Maybe not a 3-CD set and not the original tracks but at least something :P

According to Ford A. Thaxton, the original tracks are lost. However, that's what he said about Garcia's The Time Machine as well :sigh:

Furthermore, there is an update on the legend of mythica CD. Besides Alan Silvestri's music, it will feature japanese dialogue, so score fans might want to think twice before ordering this CD and ending up disappointed. However, I am still trying hard to get further infos about how much dialogue there is and wether or not it interfers with the music.

So where the hell is the long awaited complete score for Back To The Future.... ?

In a universal archive, waiting anxiously for the day it will get released on CD.

I would not hold my breath on this one. At least not in the near future.

That Tokyo DisneySea project sounds interesting, even with the Japanese dialogue. I haven't heard much from Silvestri lately, and I never even saw/heard one second of "The Wild."