Who is your most disliked composer??

Sobky

Well there are always threads praising composers and people stating there favorite themes by a cretain favorite composer.

Now lets have some bashing.

oh and state your least favorite John Williams cue if there is any.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badelt, becuase almost everyone in MV needs to copy Zimmer's style, something I'm not really gonna blame Zimmer for.

And my least favorite Williams cue is 'Banning Back Home'.

Philip Glass.  Brrrrrr!

Couldn't you have picked a better picture of Philip Glass at least???

0_21_122605_schiavelli_obit.jpg

For me, my most hated composer would have to be John Williams because, as Sir Steef has correctly pointed out, no good will ever come from this thread and also I am a loyal servant to Sir James Horner. I am not about to jump ship now. I can't jump anyway. :P

I will defend zimmer of course.

With a Zimmer-frame, I hope?

Well, I don't hate anyone, but I'd have to say that I dislike Zimmer the most.

Jedi Rocks would have to be my least favorite Williams cue.

Edit: Sorry, I'll change my least favorite to Lapti Nek.

How can anybody hate somebody like Philip Glass... as a movie composer? He's done works that would envy most of the "modern" composers.

Let's try the entire Media Ventures crew instead... err It's now named Remote Control Productions

Except Trevor Rabin and... Harry Gregson-Williams !

I don't really like Horner. I like Zimmer more than Horner.

My least favourite Williams cue... any of the songs from Hook.

I don't hate any composer. I don't know them personally. But a composer I don't like, as a whole, is of course Zimmer and the Zimmerclones.

My least favorite Williams cue? Probably that long boring 5-minute nothing happens unreleased one when Hagrid gets arrested in CoS. Dull, dull, dull.

the one composer I HATE is probably James Swearingen who writes music for band.

Hmm, I remember enjoying playing his music in high school.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

ROTFLMAO

Ray Barnsbury

Not much of a James Horner fan.

My least favorite John Williams cue: Palpatine's Teachings

Out of most of Earthquake and Banning Back Home from Hook...Palpatine's Teachings you're least fave?

How can anybody hate somebody like Philip Glass... as a movie composer?  

Because he's a phoney who pretends to be the real thing? Trust me, I've heard his music: Every first-year student can do better than this! I dislike him as a composer and as a film composer. Anyone who likes him doesn't have a clue about music. I'm sorry, Dylan.

Alex

Why do people here hate Badelt so much? Some of his music is decent, most arent standouts (whether in a good or bad way), and he is credited for POTC, which was absolute rubbish, but also a score which we dont really know who wrote what. Or do we?

I generally don't like Trevor Rabin's or Greame Revell's scores, they are just not my cup of tea.

I am not a fan of MV scores either, though when their composers are given more freedom, they can come up with suprisingly interesting albums (e.g. I personally like "The Time Machine" by K. Badelt). I hate Zimmer's action scores, while I love his dramatic, more serious works.

My worst Williams - that would probably be something form "War of the Worlds", "Always" or "Missouri Breaks". These are the only scores of his (which I know) that I really don't like.

How can anybody hate somebody like Philip Glass... as a movie composer?  

Because he's a phoney who pretents to be the real thing? Trust me, I've heard his music: Every first-year student can do better than this! I dislike him as a composer and as a film composer. Anyone who likes him doesn't have a clue about music. I'm sorry, Dylan.

Alex

I like his violin concerto...

And Glass got a thorough musical education before he decided to through it all over and start doing his own thing, so I wouldn't say he "pretends" anything. He chose to compose like a first-year composer, perhaps ROTFLMAO

I like his violin concerto...

And Glass got a thorough musical education before he decided to through it all over and start doing his own thing, so I wouldn't say he "pretends" anything. He chose to compose like a first-year composer, perhaps ROTFLMAO

Sorry but not everyone with a bit of training is a good composer. Glass is the primo example proving that if you don't have any musical talent you won't be able to fool them all. Heck, that's why Glass is primary listened to by people with absolutely no interest in orchestral music.

Glass? Not for connoisseurs. ;)

Alex

Ok that thread turned out to bash me a little.

Sinceit turned out to be about Remote Control(MV), let's see why poeple hate them so much. Well there use of electric sounds may be wierd but not always. Also the use of electric guitar isnot that bad, I liked Black Hawk Down it has some nice cues.

And let's change the word hate to dislike.

I find Glass to be rather hit-and-miss. His score for Dracula (for one) just doesn't do it for me as a piece of music, but his two David Bowie symphonies are excellent, and his Itaipu: The Canyon, and the Kundun score are also excellent IMO.

I generally don't like Trevor Rabin's or Greame Revell's scores, they are just not my cup of tea.

I am not a fan of MV scores either,  though when their composers are given more freedom, they can come up with suprisingly interesting albums (e.g. I personally like "The Time Machine" by K. Badelt). I hate Zimmer's action scores, while I love his dramatic, more serious works.

My worst Williams - that would probably be something form "War of the Worlds", "Always" or "Missouri Breaks". These are the only scores of his (which I know) that I really don't like.

I think those are my worst too.

How do u pronounce 'Bowie'?

I used to pronounce it as in "Bow to your audience", but I think the correct way is as in "Bow and arrow". Ultimitely who cares, it's not even his real name :P