1997 ESB SE Just purchased!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually, I think so. I suppose if you handled it *perfectly* and replaced the stylus every time you played it, cleaned it out throughly, kept it at the right temperature it might not get damaged...

That would not be a solution if you are an audiophile, since LP's supposedly sound better then CD's.

In theory, yes. In reality, it's more like LPs have the potential to sound better than CDs.

And taking into account you can register frequencies up to 22 KHz in a CD and most people is unable to hear beyond 20, it's a rather reasonable quality, even for audiophiles.

And taking into account you can register frequencies up to 22 KHz in a CD and most people is unable to hear beyond 20, it's a rather reasonable quality, even for audiophiles.

It's not so much that you can just hear the music, but you can also feel it.

I have the double LP of TESB somewhere and my mom still has a record player.

I've been meaning to attempt a transfer, I just never have the time.

Eventually, I think so. I suppose if you handled it *perfectly* and replaced the stylus every time you played it, cleaned it out throughly, kept it at the right temperature it might not get damaged...

why would you ideally have to replace the stylus each time you play it? sounds..expensive. :devil: sorry for my lack of knowledge with records...they are practically extinct here.

It's not so much that you can just hear the music, but you can also feel it.

I know, but that's in fact part of the process in testing. You cannot measure people's senses, but you can check what thet can distinguish and they can't, and from that point create quality standards. Subjective tests are the starting point when designing new audio/video standards.

And that's enough crap for today. Come on Steef we want more about Ubeda :devil:

I suppose that since i havent heard any filmscore recording aside some towering inferno track, and disco version of Star wars and Close encounters i dont know the sound of an LP...

You have a way to transfer the 2 LP's to the computer for Empire Strikes Back?  That is if you own it?

The question is, does he have the recording equipment to ensure that it still sounds superior after transferring?

its real. there actually is a difference. it sounds more lively and captures more sound than with digital. the reason i think has to do with less conversion. for Digital, its mike converts sound to bits and then bits back to sound; during this conversion process, sound quality is often worse off. for LPs, the vibrations of the sound cause the stylus to etch into the LP and to play it, u are playing back the vibrations.