Three Years Since Jerry Died

Lurker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will always be missed, truly my favorite composer. As far as listening to some of his music, I did in fact listen to the full score for Star Trek The Motion Picture this morning.

I put my Jerry Goldsmith list on today in the car while daytripping w/ the 'rents. Listened to TMP and Alien the most. Alien is such an underrated score. Especially the end title that Ridley cut. The end title is astounding. It doesn't sound like anything Jerry wrote before or after. It's soothing, dramatic, artsy...man. Too bad there can't be an opera or an entire symphony devoted to that theme. I WANT MORE!

Listened to The Motion Picture and The Omen 3 today...the latter is truly a monumental work....just epic; the former is my favorite score of all time, 'nuff said.

I listened to the music I most associate with his passing- 'Kick the can' from The Twilight Zone Movie. I don't know why, but three years ago, that was the piece that I listened to the most.....I just had this wonderful image of Jerry associated with the piece.

I listened to the music I most associate with his passing- 'Kick the can' from The Twilight Zone Movie. I don't know why, but three years ago, that was the piece that I listened to the most.....I just had this wonderful image of Jerry associated with the piece.

Please don't tell me you imagined him shirtless, running around a nursing home, pretending to be Peter Pan. :mrgreen:

Twlight Zone-The Movie's soundtrack is, I think, underrated. Maybe because of the movie. I love "Kick the Can" too. Very dreamy, golden-sounding (if that makes sense). The ending is beautiful. Compare that to the Omen scores, or even Planet of The Apes, and you get an idea of just how amazingly versatile he was.

Man, just think of all of the music we'd have over these last three years...