The best movie President.

JoeinAR

who do you think made the best movie president.

there have been so many.

I don't want to list the choices, just tell who and why, if you care too.

Joe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregory Peck's portrayal of Abraham Lincoln.

He was the best Atticus Finch...but I remember not being that impressed with his Abe performance. :?

yes, my own personal vote goes to Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact, and Bill Clinton in Contact.

yes, my own personal vote goes to Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact, and Bill Clinton in Contact.

Freeman was just so above and beyond that movie. It was a decent movie...but Freeman was so good that it felt like he was in a different movie.

He and Duvall.

Hopkins in Nixon, of course.

That is one hell of an impersonation, and a brilliant piece of acting.

I have to go with Harrison Ford, too, though I think that Leslie Nielsen was the most impressive of the presidents.

For TV, Dennis Haysbert made a great president (Palmer), and Gregory Itzin was the best worst president (Logan) I have seen, both of "24" fame.

~Conor

But there's also his Jack Ryan presidency (if he was president in any of the Tom Clancy movies?).

Wait a minute, Marian. If he were your president, then America would have taken over Vienna...

~Conor

If Harrison Ford as seen on Air Force One was my president, I'd emigrate.

What's wrong with Indiana Jones for president? LOL

But there's also his Jack Ryan presidency (if he was president in any of the Tom Clancy movies?).r

Nope

When you take into consideration the subject matter of ID4 &Air Force One Bill Pullman and Harrison Ford do a good job of playing the President.

Some of my favorites have been from comedies such as John Roarke's performance as George Bush Sr. from The Naked Gun 2-1/2 and Dick Crockett as President Ford in The Pink Panther Strikes Again.

I think Hopkin's perfromance of Nixon was fantastic and I enjoyed Michael Douglas in The American President.

Morgan Freeman, Fonda and Peck were solid.

James Cromwell and Donald Moffat were pretty good in their roles in The Sum Of All Fears and Clear and Present Danger.

And finally who could forget E.G. Marshall in Superman II?

If Harrison Ford as seen on Air Force One was my president, I'd emigrate.

What's wrong with Indiana Jones for president? LOL

I seriously couldn't decide whom I disliked more in that movie, the terrorists or the president.

I really loved Jeff Bridges in The Contender, because of how low key he seemed on the surface, but how agressive his actions and words made him. I also liked Michael Douglas, as already mentioned, in The American President.

Tim

Black Bush, from Dave Chappelle's "Deep Impact"

Tehehe that's exactly what went into my mind. I'd vote for him! The DVD commentary for that sketch is pretty funny too ROTFLMAO

"Yes they diserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!!!"

I really loved Jeff Bridges in The Contender, because of how low key he seemed on the surface, but how agressive his actions and words made him.  I also liked Michael Douglas, as already mentioned, in The American President.

Tim

Hehe The Dude as President. I swear I've seen that on a bumper sticker.

Actually, I'd be tempted to say Ronald Lacey from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. But he's not as good as Matt Clark as the Secretary of Defense.

"You are... John YaYa. And you... John Smallberries!"

Let's not forget E.G. Marshall in Superman II, either.

lets forget EG Marshall in Superman II, he wore that God awful wig

personally Daniel, I've never wore a wig. Bald is better.

Worst movie president: Bill Pullman

"Good morning... good morning. Hours from now, pilots from here will be joining others from around the world, and you will be launching the greatest aerial assault in the history of mankind. Mankind... that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom - not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not banish without a fight!' We're going to live on, we're going to survive. Today... we celebrate... our Independence Day!"

Now, how in the world could you say this man is the worst president? I couldn't think of a better speech to deliver if aliens have invaded Earth and now threaten the very survival of humanity. I say Thank You, Bill Pullman, for setting an inspired example of the embodiment of the President of the United States.

Ted

"Good morning... good morning. Hours from now, pilots from here will be joining others from around the world, and you will be launching the greatest aerial assault in the history of mankind. Mankind... that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom - not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not banish without a fight!' We're going to live on, we're going to survive. Today... we celebrate... our Independence Day!"

Now, how in the world could you say this man is the worst president? I couldn't think of a better speech to deliver if aliens have invaded Earth and now threaten the very survival of humanity. I say Thank You, Bill Pullman, for setting an inspired example of the embodiment of the President of the United States.

Ted

You should check out his complete adress to the nation in the SE DVD easter eggs.

"Be brave. Be strong. Be bab baloo bop be my baby." LOL

Mel Brooks --- President Scroob

"Why didn't somebody tell me my *** was this big?!"

Lloyd Bridges as President Benson (Hot Shots Pt 2)

Hehehe yeeeessss.....he is my runner-up 8-) with the Hail to the Chief music playing in the background

Ted

I think that is a great speech and Bill was a great president.

But Morgan Freeman is the best in film history IMHO, what a great president