The OFFICIAL 6-degrees of separation game.

AI

Guest macrea

Assuming you mean Fairbanks, Jr... he costarred in "Ghost Story" with John Houseman, who starred in "The Paper Chase," scored by John Williams.

Next:

Greer Garson

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greer Garson was in Julius Caesar with Marlon Brando who was in Superman - The Movie which was scored by John Williams.

Next: Charles Middleton (this one)

ming3.jpg

Neil

Leonard Rossiter was in The Pink Panther Strikes Again with Phil Brown who was in Superman - The Movie and Star Wars, both scored by John Williams.

Next: Lon Chaney Sr.

Neil

Leonard Rossiter was in 2001: A Space Odyssey, which used Richard Strauss' Also sprach Zarathustra. An excerpt from Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier was used in A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, along with an original score by John Williams.

(Gah... use Neil's next one)

Guest macrea

Lon Chaney, Sr. was Fagin in the 1922 silent version of "Oliver Twist," in which Oliver was played by Jackie Coogan, who was in "John Goldfarb, Please Come Home."

Next:

Cornell Wilde

Henreid and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca

Bergman in Spellbound, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, who directed Family Plot.

Next: Daniel Craig.

Next: Daniel Craig.

Are you serious? :roll:

I was. :oops: banghead

Denise Crosby was in Curse of the Pink Panther, co-starring David Niven, who was in Death on the Nile, which starred Peter Ustinov, who also starred in John Goldfarb, Please Come Home.

Next: Tom Baker (from Doctor Who).

Julian Glover guest starred on "Doctor Who" the same time Tom Baker played the Fourth Doctor. Glover has been in three JW-scored movies: The Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Next: Stephen Chow.

Okay. I'll finish the Burgess "Penguin" Meredith one the right way. He was in Rocky with Sly, who was in First Blood with Brian "Presumed Innocent" Dennehy and Richard "John Goldfarb" Crenna.

Listing Meredith for The Reivers is correct.  He's credited in the film, so it's an official degree.

An actor being portrayed as a historical figure by someone in another film is not, however.

Stephen Chow directed Kung fu for which one of the producers was Bill Borden, who also produced Get on the Bus starring Bernie Mac, who was in Ocean's Eleven with Matty Damon, who was in Saving Private Ryan.

Takashi Shimura

Why not?

Because it has to be either people who've worked together, or had a long-lasting relationship outside of work (like marriage or friendship).

Unless of course, the actor/actress portraying the person in question, has met with that person at some point.

Steven Spielberg was in Blues Brothers, together with Dan Aykroyd, who was in 1941, scored by John Williams. ;)

:music:

Dan Aykroyd was also in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, by Steven Spielberg.

Steven Spielberg was in Blues Brothers

He was?

Next: Brent Spiner

Brent Spiner was in Independence Day with Jeff Goldblum.

Jeff Goldblum was in Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park, both scored by Williams.

Next: Jim Varney

Oh yeah, now I know. I think I only found out when I watched the film for the fourth or fifth time or so and I saw his name on the end credits. He's pretty much unrecognizable without his beard and baseball cap.

He was in Spartacus, along with Laurence Olivier.

Laurence Olivier was in A Bridge Too Far, along with Anthony Hopkins.

Anthony Hopkins starred in Nixon and Amistad, scored by John Williams.

Next: Buster Keaton

Guest macrea

Méliès directed "A Spanish Love Song" which starred Francis Ford, who appeared in the "The Quiet Man" (directed by his brother John Ford) which was shown on a television in "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial," for which Williams wrote a cue based on the "Quiet Man" theme.

Cornelia Otis Skinner

A more direct connection is that his son, André Méliès, was in Judex with Channing Pollock, who was in the show Bonanza with Lorne Greene, who was in Earthquake

Guest macrea

I disagree. The offspring was in a movie otherwise unrelated to Méliès and jumping from "Judex" to "Bonanza" to "Earthquake" is less direct than going from "The Quiet Man" to "E.T." Plus "The Quiet Man" directly relates to Williams' music, not only in "E.T.," but the traditional Irish melody "Rakes of Mallow" --heard throughout "The Quiet Man" -- is used several times in "1941."

Cornelia Otis Skinner

Cornelia Otis Skinner is the cousin of Otis Skinner, who was in the movie Kismet with Tom Kennedy, who had an uncredited role as a Bouncer in Some Like It Hot, which featured piano playing by John Williams.

I can't think of anyone particularly good, so I'll just pick someone where the connection doesn't come to mind....Bella Lugosi (excluding the Dracula connection).

Guest macrea
But linking a film shown on a TV in another movie isn't as direct as following a trail of people.

In that case we can go with "Quiet Man" star Maureen O'Hara, also of "The Rare Breed."

Bela Lugosi was in Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein with Glenn Strange who was in Flash Gordon with Charles Middleton who was in Duck Soup with Groucho Marx who was in Skidoo with Burgess Meredith who narrated The Reivers!

Next: Brett Favre

Neil

OK i will try one:

Brett, who should retire, was in Something About Mary, which had music by a favorite of mine, George Gershwin, who also had a song in Catch Me If you Can, The wonderful ballad Embraceable you, which of course was jazzified by the maestro.

Next:

another one of my favorites

John Corigliano

ok thats easy, forgot about him