The OFFICIAL 6-degrees of separation game.

AI

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Lee Jones stared in JFK.

I completely forgot about that! :o You got it easy.

Robert Guillaume starred in Big Fish with Billy Crudup, who starred in Sleepers composed by John Williams.

Next Up:

Russell Crowe

Robert Guillaume was on the TV show "Sports Night" which had William H. Macy guest star on it. Macy was in Mr. Holland's Opus with Richard Dreyfuss, who starred in Jaws.

Next: The Marx Brothers

Harpo guest starred in an episode of I Love Lucy, with Lucille Ball, who founded Desilu Productions, which sponsored Star Trek, where William Shatner acted, who stars on Boston Legal, where Michael J. Fox co starred, who acted in Mars Attacks! with Natalie Portman.

Next: Charlie Chaplin

Next: Peter Lorre

Hey, I nearly suggested him myself. But then I remembered we'd gone the Casablanca route already. An alternative would be Arsenic and Old Lace - Cary Grant - Hitchcock - Family Plot.

Very impressive Strauss link there. I wonder though if there's any direct way to link him to Williams. For example, I think Strauss was (to an extent) personally involved in the silent Rosenkavalier movie, so that might yield something. Or you could go the Max Reinhardt route to Hollywood.

Acted in Spy Kids 3, with Ricardo Montalban, who acted in Star Trek II, with William Shatner, who stars in Boston Legal, on which Michael J. Fox guest starred on, who acted in Mars Attacks!, which was directed by Tim Burton, who directed Helena Bonham Carter in Big Fish, who was in Order of the Phoenix, along with Daniel Radcliffe, who was in Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban.

Next: M. Night Shyamalan

You could have went much quicker with Selma, starred with Ricardo Montalban who starred in Khan with Paul Winfield who was in Pressumed Innocent, scored by JW.

Or Starred in Wild Wild West with Bai Ling who appeared in Nixon or cut scenes from ROTS. Both scored by JW.

:o

Charlie Chaplin had David Raksin assist him on the score to Modern Times. Raksin later scored Laura with Vincent Price who appeared in Edward Scissorhands with Winonna Ryder who was in Dracula with Gary Oldman who was in JFK (or HP: POA)

How about Mick Jagger...

Acted in an episode of M-Squad.

Next: Jackie Chan

Acted in Spy Kids 3, with Ricardo Montalban, who acted in Star Trek II, with William Shatner, who stars in Boston Legal, on which Michael J. Fox guest starred on, who acted in Mars Attacks!, which was directed by Tim Burton, who directed Helena Bonham Carter in Big Fish, who was in Order of the Phoenix, along with Daniel Radcliffe, who was in Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban.

Next: M. Night Shyamalan

You could have went much quicker with Selma, starred with Ricardo Montalban who starred in Khan with Paul Winfield who was in Pressumed Innocent, scored by JW.

Or Starred in Wild Wild West with Bai Ling who appeared in Nixon or cut scenes from ROTS. Both scored by JW.

;)

Oh yeah, forgot about those.

I was also going to stop it at Mars Attacks!, because Natalie Portman acted in it, but I thought it was cooler when it was longer.

indy4 - bracing himself for a "that's what she said" joke :o

I thought it was cooler when it was longer.

That's what she said!

Jackie Chan starred in Shanghai Noon with Owen Wilson who starred in The Life Aquatic with Cate Blanchett, who stars in Indy 4.

Next Up: Josh Brolin

:o;) ;) And I was expecting it, too.

Acted in The Goonies, which was produced by Steven Spielberg, and the rest is history.

Next: Geena Davis

Whoops, I pulled a Koray! :o

Was in The Prince of Egypt, scored by Hans Zimmer, who scored The Da Vinci Code, which was directed by Ron Howard, who produced Far and Away.

Next: Michael Danna

Larry David created Seinfeld, starring Jerry Seinfeld, who was in Bee Movie with John Goodman, who starred in Always.

Next: Peter Jackson

Peter Jackson directed LOTR, starring Dominic Monaghan, who is on Lost, composed by Michael Giacchino, who composed The Lost World video game.

Next: Judd Apatow

Richard Widmark was in Coma along with Michael Douglas, the son of Kirk Douglas (does that count?), who was in The Fury.

Next: M.C. Escher (dunno if this is solvable :cool: )

Richard Widmark was in Coma along with Michael Douglas, the son of Kirk Douglas (does that count?), who was in The Fury.

Next: M.C. Escher (dunno if this is solvable :) )

In Labyrinth, Jennifer Connelly's character has a copy of M.C. Escher's Relativity hanging on her bedroom wall. David Bowie's King of the Goblins takes her to a stairwell similar to this work at the climax of the movie.

Labyrinth was directed by Jim Henson, who frequently worked with Frank Oz, and produced by George Lucas. Need I say more?

The M.C. Escher estate was given credit for using Relativity, since he died in 1972 and the movie was released in 1986.

Everything's solvable. Wojo won't let you down.

Next: Jaleel White

Jaleel White guested on "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" with Will Smith who was in Wild Wild West with Salma Hayak, who was in Frida with Alfred Molina who wanted Indy to throw him the idol.

Next up: David Rasche (I hope I spelled it correctly)

Next up: David Rasche (I hope I spelled it correctly)

Much more clever than the more obvious route of Urkel to Reginald VelJohnson to Die Hard, and then wherever...

David Rasche played Sledge Hammer in the late '80s. The theme song was written by Danny Elfman, whose first score was for the classic Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, written by and starring Paul Reubens. His TV show included Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis for a few episodes, who was in The Color Purple, directed by Spielberg, who has helped put food on John Williams' table since at least 1974.

Next:

Ted Turner

Ted Turner guested on "Arliss", which starred Robert Wuhl, who suggested "Candlesticks" in Bull Durham with Tim Robbins who was in The Hudsucker Proxy with Paul Newman who finally won an Oscar for The Color of Money. Newman's co-star in that film was a little known actor who has been in Far and Away, Born on the Fourth of July, Minority Report, and War of the Worlds, among others.

Richard Starkey

Richard Starkey was in Yellow Submarine, which has music by some John Williams.

But also, he was in A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, who directed Superman II, which shared a core cast with Superman: The Movie, scored by Williams.

Next: Mikis Theodorakis

Next: Mikis Theodorakis

Nice one. He scored Zorba the Greek starring Anthony Queen, who also playied in Lawrence of Arabia in which we could see sir Alec Guiness a.k.a Ben Kenobi from the movie scored by JW.

Pamela Anderson ROTFLMAO

Pamela Anderson was on "Baywatch" with David Hasselhoff, who starred with a talking car voiced by William Daniels who appeared on "St. Elsewhere" with Denzel Washington, who was in Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman long after he played a preachin' man in The Poseidon Adventure.

And, because he was mentioned earlier, but not done: Judd Apatow

Pamela Anderson was on "Baywatch" with David Hasselhoff, who starred with a talking car voiced by William Daniels who appeared on "St. Elsewhere" with Denzel Washington, who was in Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman long after he played a preachin' man in The Poseidon Adventure.

(...)

Well, in Baywatch she also co-starred Erika Eleniak, who appeared in ET :lol:

(...)

Well, in Baywatch she also co-starred Erika Eleniak, who appeared in ET :lol:

Yeah, but I thought I would show The Hoff some love.

Judd Apatow wrote, directed, and produced The 40 Year Old Virgin with Steve Carell, who was in Bewitched with Nicole Kidman, who was in Far and Away.

Next: Graham Chapman

Graham Chapman-Monty Python-John Cleese-Fish Called Wanda (see above) or seriously, John Cleese-Harry Potter, or more interestingly, Graham Chapman-Monty Python-Michael Palin-A Private Function-Maggie Smith-Harry Potter.

Next: Franka Potente

Was in Cheaper by the Dozen 2 with Steven Martin, who was in The Pink Panther with Jean Reno, who was in Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard, who directed Far and Away.

Next: Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz was a knockout in The Mask with Jim Carrey, who was in Dumb and Dumber with Jeff Daniels, who saved the Union line at Little Round Top (Gettysburg) with C. Thomas Howell, who was saved on the TV show 24 by Sean Astin, who was in Goonies with Ke Huy Quan, and Temple of Doom was scored by John Williams.

Since Carmen Electra skirted the line, I'll cross it.

Next: Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy appears in the deleted scenes of The Aristocrats which featured Sarah Silverman who made a video with Matt Damon who was in Saving Private Ryan.

Next: Amanda Pays

Amanda Pays was in The X-Files with David Duchovny, who was in Zoolander with Owen Wilson, who was in The Life Aquatic with Cate Blanchett, who is in Indy 4.

Next Up: Tom Hanks, err Tom Cruise, umm Patrick Swayze...yeah, that one!

Patrick Swayze was in Donnie Darko with his sister Maggie, who was in Stranger Than Fiction with Dustin Hoffman, who played Hook.

Next: Krzysztof Kieslowski (though I admittedly have seen only one half of his movies yet)

Patrick Swayze was in Donnie Darko with his sister Maggie, who was in Stranger Than Fiction with Dustin Hoffman, who played Hook.

Next: Krzysztof Kieslowski (though I admittedly have seen only one half of his movies yet)

Easy way: actor Jerzy Nowak who was in Kieslowski's Three Colours: White also played one of the investors (Fisher) in Spielberg's Schindler's List (there are many other Kieslowski-Schindler's List connections of that kind).

More complicated: Double Life of Veronique and Three Colours: Red star - Irene Jacob played alongside Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshalls. Jones appeared also in Stone's JFK that was scored by JW.

Next one: Rachel Wiesz.

• 4 months later...

Ronald Reagan starred in 1953's Law and Order with Dennis Weaver, who successfully evaded a malevolent tractor-trailer driver in 1971's Duel (music by Billy Goldenberg). Steven Spielberg directed that film three years before he teamed with John Williams on The Sugarland Express.

And since a bump of four months indicates the game ended...four months ago...I won't pick a returning contestant.

I'll go back to Stefan's choice on page one of Timothy Busfield, he is from Arkansas, I have met Timothy busfield, I am the oldest of the oldies at JW. a very simple path to JW.

I name actor Ernest Thesiger.

it can be done in 2 degree's

Legitimate question time, but does "2 degrees" mean two people or two links? Two people comprise a single link, while two links require three people.

Ernest Thesiger had a supporting role in 1951's The Man in the White Suit with Alec Guinness (1977's Star Wars), scored by John Williams. Best I can come up with.

Ronald Reagan starred in 1953's Law and Order with Dennis Weaver, who successfully evaded a malevolent tractor-trailer driver in 1971's Duel (music by Billy Goldenberg). Steven Spielberg directed that film three years before he teamed with John Williams on The Sugarland Express.

And since a bump of four months indicates the game ended...four months ago...I won't pick a returning contestant.

Actually Ronald Reagan was in The Killers (1964 version) scored by John Williams. ;)