E.T. 2 CD Tracklist

sulky

Hope that someone here can be of assistance.

If I recall correctly on the old JWfan.net was a track listing for a 2 CD E.T. which compiled cues from all the commercial OST releases before the 20th anniversary OST (1982 LP & CD, 1996 CD, 1996 LD isolated score) to create one super, complete and definitive E.T. OST set.

I'm looking for this track listing and hope that someone will post it or direct me to somewhere where I can find it.

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I don't remember such a list,but this might help:

-20th Aniversary edition

+

E.T. and Me(Concert Arrangement)1982 LP

Over the Moon(Concert Arrangement)1982 LP

The Flying Theme(Concert Arrangement)1982 LP

The Goodbye Scene(Most likely film version or slightly edited version of it)1982 LP

Searching for E.T. alternate(1996 c.d.)

End Credits alternate(1996 c.d.)

Into the cornfield(Lazerdisk)

E.T. is Dying film version(Lazerdisk)

Stuffed Animals(Lazerdisk)

The Kiss scene(Lazerdisk)

I think thats about it.

K.M.Who extracted the unreleased cues from the lazerdisk.

If I recall correctly on the old JWfan.net was a track listing for a 2 CD E.T. which compiled cues from all the commercial OST releases before the 20th anniversary OST (1982 LP & CD, 1996 CD, 1996 LD isolated score) to create one super, complete and definitive E.T. OST set.

OK, here's a much more ellaborated version of that 2-CD set which I created a couple of months ago. It took me a few days of work and multiple edits and fixes here and there, but finally I got the most complete version of the E.T. score one can get with the currently available sources:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - The Ultimate Edition

Music Composed and Conducted by John Williams

Sequenced and Edited by Ricard L. Befan

CD 1 (52:58)

01. Main Title (1:06) 20th Anniversary Edition

02. Far from Home/E.T. Alone (6:47) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

03. Elliot Explores the Cornfield (1:17) Laserdisc

04. Bait for E.T. (1:44) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

05. Meeting E.T. (2:05) 20th Anniversary Edition

06. E.T.'s New Home (1:38) 20th Anniversary Edition

07. The Beginning of a Friendship (3:02) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

08. Toys (3:11) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

09. "I'm Keeping Him" (2:18) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

10. E.T.'s Powers (2:42) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

11. Stuffed Animals (0:44) Laserdisc

12. E.T. and Elliot Get Drunk (2:54) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

13. Frogs (2:10) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

14. Elliott's First Kiss (0:25) Laserdisc

15. At Home (5:37) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

16. The Magic of Halloween (2:52) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

Bonus Tracks:

17. E.T. Alone (Alternate) (3:03) 1982 Release ('Abandoned and Pursued')

18. E.T. and Me (4:54) 1982 Release

19. The Magic of Halloween (Alternate) (4:11) 1982 Release ('E.T's Halloween')

CD 2 (66:01)

01. Flying (3:24) 1982 Release

02. Over the Moon (2:12) 1982 Release

03. Sending the Signal (3:56) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

04. Searching for E.T.* (4:24) 1996 Release (alternate section, 0:00-10:00) + 20th A.E. (film version)

05. Invading Elliott's House (2:21) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

06. E.T. is Dying (2:19) Laserdisc (0:00-1:47) + 20th A.E. (1:47-end) (complete) or 1996 Release (1:47-end) (incomplete ending)

07. E.T. is Dying (Alternate) (2:19) 20th A.E. (complete) or 1996 Release (incomplete ending)

08. Losing E.T. (2:08) 20th A.E. or 1996 Release

09. E.T. is Alive! (4:18) 20th A.E. (incomplete) or 1996 Release (complete) or 1982 Release (complete)

10. Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye* (15:19) 20th A.E.(Film version with alternate section between 11:20 & 11:30 --Incomplete) or 1996 Release (Film version with alternate section between 11:20 & 11:30 --Complete) + Excerpts from 1982 Release (Film Version, 11:20 - 11:30, Alternate Section, 12:42-12:47)

11. End Credits (3:49) 20th Anniversary Edition

Bonus Tracks:

12. Flying (Concert Suite) (3:43) Original 1982 re-recording, available on different releases

13. Over the Moon (Concert Suite) (2:12) From 'The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration'

14. Adventures on Earth (Concert Suite) (9:12) Original 1983 re-recording, available on different releases

15. End Credits* (3:51) 1996 Release (film version with alternate section between 0:00-0:45)

* Includes alternate sections

Music Recorded at MGM Music Scoring Stage (Culver City, CA), February 1982, except:

Tracks 12 (1982), Track 13 (May, 1990) & Track 14 (1983) Recorded at Symphony Hall (Boston, MA)

Your track listing is correct and elaborate,but a bit confusing,in terms of music,unless you count the Bpops arrangements,there isn't much more than the tracks I added to the 20th aniversary ed.

K.M.

Your track listing is correct and elaborate,but a bit confusing,in terms of music,unless you count the Bpops arrangements,there isn't much more than the tracks I added to the 20th aniversary ed.

Just adding those tracks to the 20th A.E. you don't get an appropiate edition, in my opinion. If you pay attention to my track listing you'll see that most of the available alternate sections are incorporated into the film versions, in order to avoid redundance. See, for example, the parts added to the Goodbye scene, which includes the complete film version (including an excerpt from the 1982 release) AND the alternate section of the 96/2002 release AND the alternate section from the 1982 release. And it sounds great.

Notice also that I added the alternate section to the complete film version of 'Searching for E.T' (again, in order to avoid redundance) and I used the laserdisc cue + the 20 AE to create the complete film version of 'E.T. Is Dying'

Also, again if you pay attention to my track listing (or to the official CDs), you'll see that some tracks of the 20th Anniversary Edition or the 1996 Release are incomplete (so I had to add the correspondent segment from the 1996 CD, or viceversa). And if you compare the film cues with the 20 A.E. or the 1996 CD you'll notice that many cues on the CD releases are practically merged together, when they are clearly separated in the film.

To create that 2CD set I spent a few days listening very carefully to the music in the film and to all the cues on the three different releases, in order to capture as many details as possible, then editing the cues and trying to create a release that would finally please my ears (since I had never been fully satisfied with the commercially available versions of the score). And I have to say I'm proud of the final result. :)

Ricard,

You are making me very envious, owning a unique edition such as that. I admire the creative energy you used to put it together, that exemplifies the best kind of fan! I would love to be able to have put something like that together!

Ricard,

You are making me very envious, owning a unique edition such as that. I admire the creative energy you used to put it together, that exemplifies the best kind of fan! I would love to be able to have put something like that together!

Thanks, but it's not that hard! You just need a sound editing program, a good ear and some patience... :)

). And I have to say I'm proud of the final result. :)

Sounds like it's great :eek: ,but wouldn't you have liked to wait for the DVD with iso score to make this and get ultimate sound quality,the Lazerdisk cues don't sound that good,even ripped directly to a digital device..lots of hiss...?

K.M.

wouldn't you have liked to wait for the DVD with iso score to make this and get ultimate sound quality,the Lazerdisk cues don't sound that good,even ripped directly to a digital device..lots of hiss...?

The isolated score on the DVD is from the live performance (which will be the source for an additional 2CD set :eek:). But the original soundtrack is not isolated. :)

A while back I made a similar track list for a complete E.T. score set. Many of you fans may have gotten this 3-CDR set I made from me, so let me repeat it here.

My version contains all known material from all the major soundtrack albums (except the Drew Barrymore-narrated children's recording). Here is that listing:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

The Definitive Soundtrack

Disc One

The Original Intended Score

1. Main Title (1:06)

2. Far From Home/E.T. Alone (6:50)

3. Elliott Explores The Cornfield (1:18)

4. Bait For E.T. (1:44)

5. Waiting For E.T. (2:05)

6. E.T. Explores Elliott's Bedroom (1:26)

7. The Beginning Of A Friendship (2:50)

8. Toys (3:11)

9. I'm Keeping Him (2:19)

10. E.T.'s Powers (2:42)

11. Stuffed Animals ( :44)

12. E.T. And Elliott Get Drunk (2:53)

13. Frogs (2:10)

14. Elliott In Trouble ( :27)

15. At Home (5:37)

16. The Magic Of Halloween (2:53)

17. Sending The Signal (3:57)

18. Searching For E.T. (4:16)

19. Invading Elliott's House (2:22)

20. E.T. Is Dying (2:17)

21. Losing E.T. (2:00)

22. E.T. Is Alive (4:18)

23. Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye (15:04)

24. End Credits (3:52)

Disc Two

The Michael Jackson Storybook Album

1. Someone In The Dark (performed by Michael Jackson) (4:35)

2. Landing (3:20)

3. Discovery (8:47)

4. E.T. Talks (3:43)

5. E.T. Phone Home (4:14)

6. Intrusion (4:38)

7. Escape (2:41)

8. Departure (3:12)

9. Someone In The Dark (Closing Version) (3:07)

Disc Three

The Alternate E.T. Score (original album arrangements and outtakes)

1. Three Million Light Years From Home (OST arrangement) (2:57)

2. Abandonded And Pursued (OST arrangement) (2:58)

3. E.T. And Me (OST concert arrangement) (4:50)

4. E.T.'s Halloween (OST arrangement) (4:07)

5. Searching For E.T. (film version) (4:12)

6. E.T. Is Dying (film version) (2:19)

7. E.T. Phone Home (OST arrangement) (4:17)

8. Adventure On Earth (OST arrangement) (15:06)

9. Goodbye (film version) (6:49)

10. End Credits (film version) (3:50)

11. Over The Moon (OST concert arrangement) (2:08)

12. Flying (OST concert arrangement) (3:20)

My reconstruction came from the original 1982 album, the first expanded release, the isolated LaserDisc score tracks, and the out-of-print Michael Jackson storybook album (transferred from cassette). If you have all of these (and, to some extent, the recent expanded 2002 CD), follow through this list.

I think I remember seing your list in one of the old versions of this MB. I have to say I don't really care for the Storybook (which I purchased in the mid-80s) since it doesn't contain any new Williams music, and your set includes duplicated material on CD3. But it's a very good version anyway! :mrgreen:

PS. In case anyone has any doubt: both versions include ALL the available material composed and conducted by John Williams for E.T., and therefore they are both complete.

I would like to see the E.T. theme ride music in there.THAT was composed by Willliams and expands one of E.T's theme.It wasn't composed for the Film,but like all other concert arrangements,they weren't either,so "E.T. Botanicus"is E.T. music to me.

K.M.

I would like to see the E.T. theme ride music in there.THAT was composed by Willliams and expands one of E.T's theme.It wasn't composed for the Film,but like all other concert arrangements,they weren't either,so "E.T. Botanicus"is E.T. music to me.

K.M.

Believe it or not, I forgot about that cue :oops:

I'll add it to my next version. Thanks, KM!

Ricard - Who sees no problem in creating updated versions of his CDRs.

As I said before, the new list is much more accurate than the one featured on the old server. :music:

PS. PLEASE do not post links to the JWFan pages at Worldzone. They are not supposed to exist (and they'll be removed shortly).

• 1 month later...

This simply has to be bumped, as I've now got the DVD and want all the music!!.

Infact, if I were to get one track, it would be the film version of 'Losing ET'.

Does anyone have this to trade?

I bought a 2CD set of E.T. from a woman on Ebay. Admittedly it's a CDR, but she's packaged it well, it was cheap, and I've seen them on Ebay quite often. The 36 tracks run as follows:-

CD1:-

01. Main Title

02. Far from Home/E.T. Alone

03. Elliot Explores the Cornfield

04. Bait for E.T.

05. Waiting for E.T.

06. E.T. Explores Elliot's Bedroom

07. The Beginning of a Friendship

08. Toys

09. "I'm Keeping Him"

10. E.T.'s Powers

11. Stuffed Animals

12. E.T. and Elliot Get Drunk

13. Frogs

14. Elliott's First Kiss

15. At Home

16. The Magic of Halloween

17. Sending The Signal

18. Abandoned and Pursued (alternate of E.T. Alone)

19. E.T. and Me (concert arrangement)

20. E.T.'s Halloween (alternate of The Magic Of Halloween)

21. Searching for E.T. (alternate)

22. E.T. Is Dying (alternate of E.T. and Elliot Seperate)

CD2:-

01. Searching For E.T. (film version)

02. Invading Elliot's House

03. E.T. and Elliot Seperate

04. Losing E.T.

05. E.T. Is Alive!

06. Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye (film version/alternate)

07. End Credits (film version)

08. Saying Goodbye (alternate)

09. Flying (concert suite)

10. Over The Moon (concert suite)

11. End Credits (alternate)

12. Adventures on Earth (alternate of Escape/Chase)

13. Flying Theme (alternate)

14. Over The Moon (alternate)

I cannot tell you all enough how fantastic this set is! I reccomend it to anyone that sees this on Ebay. Surely this has to be absolutely complete (barring any input from Mr Jackson...!)

That boot is missing 'Meeting E.T.', which is available on the 20th Anniversary Edition.

Also:

21. Searching for E.T. (alternate) - Only includes 10 secs of alternate music. The rest is identical to the film version

08. Saying Goodbye (alternate) - Only a few secs of alternate music.

11. End Credits (alternate) - Same as above.

12. Adventures on Earth (alternate of Escape/Chase) - An alternate cue of Escape/Chase does not exist. This cue is the same as the film version.

13. Flying Theme (alternate) - Probably the Boston Pops performance

14. Over The Moon (alternate) - Same as above.

PS. For more details see the track listing of my home-made 2CD set at the beginning of this thread.

I reccomend it to anyone that sees this on Ebay.

I'd recommend it to anyone who's willing to TRADE CDRs, and not paying $50 to some thief.