Aladdin seqeuls

muehlopwer

Hi!

I have a question: Does anyone know, why Alan Menken didn't compose the scores to the Aladdin sequels "The Return of Jafar" "The King Of Thieves"??

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I have a question: Does anyone know, why Alan Menken didn't compose the scores to the Aladdin sequels "The Return of Jafar" "The King Of Thieves"??

Thanks

Because most of the Disney sequels are made on the cheap and usually direct to video/DVD. Personally there are very few good Disney sequels to their animated films. I think the best one was The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. The story goes had the executives known it was going to be so good, due in part to the animation (which was done here in Sydney) they would have released it at the theatres.

There is a definite disparity in the quality of animation between the originals and the sequels.

I actually really didn't like Lion King 2. I might have been biased for it being a video sequel, though, and coming right after the great original probably didn't help either.

The animation is usually cheap looking when compared to the originals, the stories are lame and frankly there really isn't a need to continue the story any further than the first film.

I actually really didn't like Lion King 2. I might have been biased for it being a video sequel, though, and coming right after the great original probably didn't help either.

The score is pure mediaventures though :)

Yeah, it had a theatrical relaese here in Europe.

But it just struck me as hopelessly pointless. And the original is over 60 years old. They must have been going "hmm... what haven't we milked yet?"