What Williams mp3s do you have on your mobile/cell phone?

Quintus

The Throne Room (edited so that it starts immediately with the Force theme, for geeky ringtone purposes).

BTTF 2 theme

King Kong's heroic six note motif, the part where he squares up to the two V-Rex's (for txt msgs ;) , sometimes)

The Superman March. Just the March.

The brassy rendition of the Superman Love theme.

If you don't have any Williams on your phone, then kindly refrain from making clever sarcastic remarks ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mp3s, but the five-note motif from Close Encounters of the Third Kind is my ringtone.

Been there, done that, wore the T-shirt ;)

But Steef has just inspired me to get BH on my mobile asap ;)

No MP3s, but my ringtone is Goldsmith's Star Trek: Voyager theme. I have a friend who has never seen Voyager once nor heard a real recording of the theme, but he can hum first of it just because he's heard my phone ring so many times. :)

The Throne Room (edited so that it starts immediately with the Force theme, for geeky ringtone purposes).

BTTF 2 theme

King Kong's heroic six note motif, the part where he squares up to the two V-Rex's (for txt msgs  :) , sometimes)

The Superman March. Just the March.

The brassy rendition of the Superman Love theme.

If you don't have any Williams on your phone, then kindly refrain from making clever sarcastic remarks  :|

I cut Kong's six note motif from the same part and use it as an mp3 ringtone too!

Also, I set up a whole folder of the various Superman themes: Fanfare, March, Ostinato, Love Theme, Krypton Fanfare, Kryptonite, Fortress of Solitude, Kent/Smallville.

Also the 'bouncy' rendition of the Raiders' March from the 'German Sub' track from the Raiders OST.

And the powerful statement of the Force Theme that opens SW and ROTS.

It took a little work, but whenever my father calls me, I hear James Earl Jones say "I am your father." cross faded to the LSO playing the statement of Darth Vader's Theme that accompanies the scene.

He hates it.

Everyone else who has heard it, gets a kick out of it.

I also have clips from Binary Sunset, Battle of the Heroes, and the trumpet statement of Luke's theme when he first appears in Empire. There are many other non-Williams pieces that I have used as ring tones.

no cell phone

K.M.

No cell phone??

Why King Mark, how ever do you function in modern society without constantly letting people know what "you're up to"?

I mean, how can you alert people that you have landed safely when flying? ---> "Hi Bob. I just landed here in JFK. Now we're taxi-ing to the terminal. Are you waiting in the lounge? Yeah, was worried that you weren't gonna be here - even though I talked to you like 2 hours ago. Ok now i'm standing up and getting my hand luggage. Ok now i'm heading to the door. I'll see you in five minutes"

/have a cell phone

//but hates the people that use them to let other people know about every minutae of their life - ESPECIALLY morons on planes

Beowulf wrote to KM:

No cell phone??

If I ever saw my Dentist, or Doctor for that matter, using a cellphone, I would lose all respect for him as a professional.

They may have one, but admitting to it is another matter.

Beowulf wrote to KM:
No cell phone??

If I ever saw my Dentist, or Doctor for that matter, using a cellphone, I would lose all respect for him as a professional.

They may have one, but admitting to it is another matter.

Because of the radiation, I take it?

No, were you trying to be funny there?

Health professionals are taken with a high degree of integrity. A Cell phone is a childs toy, or something for the permanantly distracted, or the minions who serve the higher ones.

They are degrading little objects. They make you appear, and function, as a hopeless imbecile.

Health professionals are taken with a high degree of integrity. A Cell phone is a childs toy, or something for the permanantly distracted, or the minions who serve the higher ones.  

They are degrading little objects. They make you appear, and function, as a hopeless imbecile.

I fail to see how they're so maliciously different to any other electronic communication tool. A mobile phone is basically a telephone that has no cord connected to a land line and works via satellite. As long as it works, I have no complaint.

That's a fair point Drax, however, there is a huge difference in accountability.

magical moron wrote:

It's a pity they're so darned convenient, otherwise I might see your point.

What did you do before cellphones, MM? Convenience is relative. Is your life any smoother, any better because of cellphones? Now don't lie, twerp

What if a father of a family had a job that involved him to be away from his family for long periods of time? And what if said father wanted to speak to his family when he did not have access to a pay phone? Would it be degrading and childish then AI? I'm not trying to insult you, I am only asking a legitimate question.

What if a father of a family had a job that involved him to be away from his family for long periods of time?

Then I would think he was doing a pretty piss-poor job as a father, and needed to reevaluate his life.

And what if said father wanted to speak to his family when he did not have access to a pay phone?

He has the chance to learn the value of restraint and discipline.

Would it be degrading and childish then AI? I'm not trying to insult you, I am only asking a legitimate question.

Of course its degrading. Childish as an extention of his own stupidity, yes.

magical moron wrote:  

What did you do before cellphones, MM? Convenience is relative. Is your life any smoother, any better because of cellphones? Now don't lie, twerp

LOL Well quite honestly it's not. But that's not necessarily what convenience is; you said that yourself. Int his instance it's more about doing something easily and far quicker than other methods. It's not supposed to make life better or smoother, it's supposed to be quick and easy.

i finally got a new phone which does mp3...so far, a few clips from Superman, and the first statement of the Good the Bad and the Ugly for smses...

I've got Ecstasy of Gold on mine. Amazing piece of music. Shame about the recording, but oh well. Btw, was it ever re-recorded in stereo?

You have got to be kidding me. You're an elitist, aren't you?

So what do you guys use to create or send your own mp3 ringtones to your phone? I've tried various freeware uploading programs, with little luck.

Ray Barnsbury

You have got to be kidding me. You're an elitist, aren't you?

Maybe I am. But it's my intrinsic right to think and value whatever I damn well please. I don't have to answer to you, or anyone else for it.