Tanglewood Film Night 2006 program announced!

Foxfan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone record any of it? PArticularly 'The Chairman's Waltz'? And will anyoone have any of it on Youtube.com?

~Hunter~

It was supposed to be broadcast live in both Boston and Albany, I'm hoping someone picked it up...

It would be nice to have a clean stereo recording of Duel of the Fates without the chorus.

What a great concert! The Memoirs suite was outstanding - just about every piece was expanded and re-orchestrated immensely, and to great effect as well. The Chairman's Waltz was particularly amazing. Williams loves this score too much to just let the OST be enough. He'll make new recordings of these pieces eventually. The Star Wars suite was also excellent, despite several flubs from Mr. Jones. Duel of the Fate was everything I had hoped it would be; played with intensity and finesse. I didn't much care for the screen images because I think people rely on them too much in order to appreciate the music. The whole point of these concerts is to enjoy the music outside the context of the film (save for the ocassions in which Williams uses film to show how he scores a scene, i.e. Last Crusade). Putting the images there for people to make the connection lessens appreciation for the actual music in the context of it stirring your imagination independent of any film. Overall, the concert was a great experience made excellent by Williams' wonderful Memoirs suite.

Ted

What a great concert!

Did anyone record this?????!!!!!!!

The Memoirs suite was outstanding - just about every piece was expanded and re-orchestrated immensely, and to great effect as well.

The Chairman's Waltz was particularly amazing.

The Star Wars suite was also excellent

despite several flubs from Mr. Jones.

Duel of the Fate was everything I had hoped it would be; played with intensity and finesse.

Neil

Yes, I got an autograph! =)

Congrads! Out of curiosity.. did you get it at the rehersal or the night performance?

Some pics from the early morning rehearsal:

Maestro introducing Yo-Yo Ma.

img004x.jpg

JW (w/ James Earl Jones to his left) receiving a standing O at the end of the rehearsal.

img005x.jpg

The autograph-seeking mob swarming JW by the stage.

img007x.jpg

Signing stuff x2.

img008x.jpg

img009x.jpg

Signing my JFK CD cover.

img010x.jpg

Exiting stage right.

img011x.jpg

I usually try to avoid these threads, to console myself that I will never see JW live in concert. But damn, that must have been something!

Burga - who will at least probably finally experience the Superman March in concert when the Malaysian Philharmonic plays it this Sunday for free.

I got a video of the War of the Worlds rehearsal minus the first new timpani flourish and the last few bits with percussion emulating the slithering effects of the tripods. I'll put it up here soon.