AOTC on iPod

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can depend on the software you're using to rip, or your CD-ROM drive. I actually had no trouble ripping it to iTunes, but you could also try some other rippers.

If all else fails, I guess the only resort would be... uhm... downloading. ;)

- Marc, who thinks the protection on Narnia is even worse. :)

The protection on Narnia is a complete violation of consumer rights, and they will go straight to hell for that. Luckily my brother was able to rip the WAV files and I made a clean CD-R.

Willy, if you have trouble ripping it, then I would just download it. You own the content and have the right to put it on a music player if you want. I don't let crappy, cartel-produced laws stop me doing that.

I don't know whether the labels will ever realise it (or even care), but that's solid proof that this copy protection achieves the exact opposite of what they mean it to.

whats wrong with AOTC? I ripped mine fine twice with both Windows Media Player and iTunes before. I've never transferred them into iPods though, as I dont own one yet.

Some Countries sold a version with copy protection on - which proved to be a pain, but only for those with reasonably modern PC's........those with older ones (Win95/Win98 running quite slowly and without updates) were ok a lot of the time......

Greg - who at the time owned a new PC :)

......but has since received a "Useable" copy from a fellow JWFan......

I don't think I ever had trouble with copy-protected discs under Linux. I know I was able to copy the latest Rolling Stones album just like any real audio CD (copy-protected CDs are not real audio CDs, since they don't conform to the CDDA specification; they are at best CDs containing audio data).

Is there anyone who would have the Attack of the Clones CD on his computer in 320 kbps mp3s (or WAV of course ;)) and would be willing to upload it for me? I can't play that bloody CD on any PC I've got and I want to make an expanded edition...

Thanks in advance!

That's the most insane marketing technique I've ever seen.

Not only are they pi$$ing off a lot of customers just so Target gets some more guaranteed profit, but they also think we're going to buy it 4 times (and very quickly, since it's 'while supplies last!!!!').

And I generally hate labels being put on cases like that. The worst for me is Finding Nemo, the UK version of which has a 'sticker' plugging Robbie Williams' song actually printed on the cover, just because of how popular he is over here. Like RW fans are not just going to download that one song. Pathetic.

Definitely.

Pity I didn't know that when buying FotR some years back. I got it from Play.com who stocked the one with the Weathertop cover. The original like the poster is waaaay cooler.

And whilst (as usual) I don't agree with Joe's comment, it doesn't get many plays from me...

Pity I didn't know that when buying FotR some years back. I got it from Play.com who stocked the one with the Weathertop cover. The original like the poster is waaaay cooler.

I think the poster cover for FotR wasn't used until later pressings. The first wave all had a trading card and the Weathertop cover.

ugh, the more I see Neil's posted pic, the more I feel like kicking myself for getting the Yoda cover. Yea, it seemed awesome at that time but in retrospect.....

Exactly :music:

K.M.

like that cover is any better. Hasn't the Struzan look been done to death +1

ugh, the more I see Neil's posted pic, the more I feel like kicking myself for getting the Yoda cover. Yea, it seemed awesome at that time but in retrospect.....

Exactly :)

K.M.

like that cover is any better. Hasn't the Struzan look been done to death +1

At least it matches the set

That's gotta hurt!

Indeed it did.

You know, they tried the same with Lord of the Rings, only it wasn't the cover, but a double sided trading card put in front of it. So they still wanted you to collect them all but it was even cheaper to produce.

Wasn't it Enya trading cards or something like that? Hmm....mine didnt have that

Burga - whose FOTR is the poster art cover one