1. 1.

• John Williams
    • Jerry Goldsmith
    • Others (don't say Hans Zimmer!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow the rules, champ. Keep your cheeky little remarks curse-free, please, especially when addressing a fellow member.

Well let's put it this way, your comment was an attack (perhaps unwittingly) on my core beliefs, you were trying to diminish it and dismiss it as something that is only theoretical, or something derived from a film idea. This is not the case, although The Matrix series for example, does include some of the concepts I reffered to. I am well aware of the rule about not discussing religion, and in hindsight I see that what I said could be offensive to those who hold certain religious perspectives about what constitutes reality. Possibly you are one of those people.

I've always wanted someone to be able to sum up the absolute truth for me in a brief statement or two. I look forward to hearing more, dear AI.

Absolute Truth is understood, not explained. I did make a brief summary of what it means, perhaps for the benefit of other readers who may have never encountered the idea before, outside of the way it was used in this poll, "absolute truth" as in, who is the better composer.

John Williams is currently at 32 votes (he was born in 1932), and is at 74% (his age).  Jerry Goldsmith is currently at 7 votes (my birth month) and 16% (my birth day).  It's an omen!

omen3cd.jpg

Follow the rules, champ. Keep your cheeky little remarks curse-free, please, especially when addressing a fellow member.

Well let's put it this way, your comment was an attack (perhaps unwittingly) on my core beliefs, you were trying to diminish it and dismiss it as something that is only theoretical, or something derived from a film idea. This is not the case, although The Matrix series for example, does include some of the concepts I reffered to. I am well aware of the rule about not discussing religion, and in hindsight I see that what I said could be offensive to those who hold certain religious perspectives about what constitutes reality. Possibly you are one of those people.

I've always wanted someone to be able to sum up the absolute truth for me in a brief statement or two. I look forward to hearing more, dear AI.

Absolute Truth is understood, not explained. I did make a brief summary of what it means, perhaps for the benefit of other readers who may have never encountered the idea before, outside of the way it was used in this poll, "absolute truth" as in, who is the better composer.

Check your PMs. There is no place for this banter in this thread.

Ted