Harry Potter 3 Casting

ocelot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the DVD. It really won awards? I'd much rather have behind-the scenes documentaries, perhaps including those seen on TV, than a virtual "tour" of Hogwarts. And please, next time make the deleted scenes immediately accessible! It's irritating to have to hunt around and play games to find the scenes. Fortunately my 11 year old brother played around with it and found them before too long.

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah Morn, you Aussies got screwed with the whole "no widescreen version" thing. What was the point of that?

Hey Ocelot, can you get any details on the situation with the Chamber of Secrets score? You know, "who's composing what?" "how much will be JW's?" "is Williams writing just themes for Ross to adapt?" and so on. Or, have you already asked?

And finally, for those who've yet to see it, a new promotional photo of Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart ROTFL

1854.jpg

Look at the painting behind him. It's a portrait of him painting a portrait of himself! How very like Lockhart.

LOL

What is it? Looks rather childish

When, or if, you read Chamber of Secrets the picture will make perfect sense. Let me put it this way, Lockhart is the James Horner of wizards. :biglaugh:

What is it? Looks rather childish  :)

Isn't HP supposed to be childish?

No it isn't. It doesn't take children for granted. Nor does it look down on or demean children. Its as much for adults as it is for children.

Ricard - Who won't pay to see HP2

don't worry, I am sure I will pay enough times for you, me, and a few others as well.

William, William, William, when will you pay attention?

Each Harry Potter book takes place one year after the other.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is Harry first year at Hogwarts

Chamber of Secrets is year 2

Prisoner of Azkaban is year 3

Goblet of Fire is year 4

Order of the Pheonix is year 5

Prisoner of Azkaban starts filming in January 2003, because they are trying to make the films while the actors portraying Harry, Ron, and Hermione, are still the same age as the characters in the books.

Hollywood may be evil, but in this case they are trying to strive for continuity, which in this case is a good thing.

OK keep your fingers crossed. FIrst of all my friend loved some of the actors you guys threw out, and no, I can't ask him to be an extra in 3... Or can I???????? Maybe when I go and meet Heyman I can ask him.... besides, that's a long way away... what I am going to ask for though for now is to hear the current score being recorded ahead of time if at all possible and that way I will try and find out how much is who's work.

BTW he loved the idea of Angelica Houston as Madan Maxim, and besides, she isn't English in the books so.... I so hope so. If that happens it would be my claim to faim in HP!!! I doubt it though.... 8O

Now, everyone chant with me... OOOOOOHHHHHMMMM OOOOHHHHHHHMMMMM OOOOHHHHHHHMMMMM

Ohm raaa menemnim naaaaa Get Ocelot the HP2 score early ohm ra minemnim naaaa, *clink clink* (finger cymbals) and more chanting to the reincarnation of the high priest, Saga Lu.

I'm chanting as we speak, Au Reservoir :angry:

:angry: to Ocelot, the board's god of all things Potter! jump1

Hey whatever it takes to hear clips from that score early! Afterall, you got your hands on the first score early too! You lucky sonofagun! Even if you can't be an extra in PoA, perhaps you'll get to visit the set. That'd be cool!

Just seems a little premature to me.

Why? I think they had already begun to *film* this one before the first one came to theatres. So they're actually taking more time this time.

Marian - ohmmming. :angry:

From the IMDB:

headshot.gifRadcliffe Growing Out Of Potter Role - Literally

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has resigned himself to growing out of the child wizard movie role - literally. The 13-year-old actor has finished filming the second installment of the adaptation of author J.K. Rowling's massively successful seven strong children's book series, but his voice has already broken and he's just had a growth spurt. He says, "In a couple of years, I might have changes so much that I look wrong for the part - even though Harry grows with the books. So I'm enjoying the fame while I can - after all, I might do these films and then disappear or something might go horribly wrong and I'll never act again."

Neil

Isn't HP supposed to be childish?

No it isn't.

Then it fails miserably, IMHO.

Ricard - Who won't pay to see HP2

don't worry, I am sure I will pay enough times for you, me, and a few others as well.

Of course I don't worry LOL

What is it? Looks rather childish

When, or if, you read Chamber of Secrets the picture will make perfect sense. Let me put it this way, Lockhart is the James Horner of wizards. :biglaugh:

LOL LOL LOL

Now I'll have to read CoS picturing Horner as Lockhart!

BTW, I don't think any part of HP is childish, but how can anyone think that about GoF in particular?

Ray Barnsbury

As somebody in that BBC interview/docu with/about JKR said, most non-children books released these days are far more childish. They deal with questions like "is my bum too big", while Potter has actual themes and important issues.

BTW, everyone who's seen Gremlins 2 - doesn't the Daniel Clamp character (played by John Glover) look and act a lot like Lockhart? :)

And what's up with the rumours of Ewan McGregor being cast as Lupin? My cousin claims she's seen an interview with him on TV where he confirmed that?

Marian - wondering.

This isn't exactly on the topic of casting, but I've either had a small revelation about the first film's score, or I've lost my mind.

Last night, listening to The Planets, I realized that Williams seems to reference Mars, however loosely, when the centaur Firenze chases Voldemort from Harry in the forest. Now this, if intentional, would only have any kind of signifigance to those who've read the books, but it could be nice little nod to the centaurs little speeches about mars and astrology. Then again, maybe I'm just hearing things.

sorry if it takes a bit to load for you but I think it's worth the wait. Here are some new pics....

cos4.jpg

cos1.jpg

7861.jpg

I definitely think he looks older here.

9044.jpg

Colin Creevey

HP2SP-2935.jpg

who is this????

HP2SP-528.jpg

Can we say teenie-bopper photo

HP2SP-2334R.jpg

I believe this is Lucius....

Well, Ren,

That photo "Who is this" That's Cris Coulson, aka Tom Riddle AKA.....:)

Lucius Malfoy! My Gosh! I didn't picture him having wavy long hair.

He looks more like Legolas than Draco's dad.

Kradia, too lazy to log in.

well i thought it looked like tom riddle but in the other pics i've seen of him, he looks a bit younger.

not what i expected.

Lucius, I know I didn't expect wavy hair either. He looks like that elf from LoTR.

Lucius Malfoy! My Gosh!  I didn't picture him having wavy long hair.  

Exactly my first thought. Though looking at him again, he looks nearly exactly like Haldir (the Elf whom they meet when they enter Lothlorien).

Harry looks a bit older...but he also looks a lot more serious. He was a bit flat in the first film, I think.

Anyway, these are wonderful! :) As is the Planets reference....must watch the film again (how could they cut the forest music from the album).

Exactly my first thought. Though looking at him again' date=' he looks nearly exactly like Haldir (the Elf whom they meet when they enter Lothlorien).

[/quote']

That's what I thought too.

I actually imagined him to have shoulder length blonde hair so it works. And as for Harry, he is supposed to be older. It's the next year! And since they are filming them yearly, it works for me.

Kradia's Ghost wrote:  

Exactly my first thought. Though looking at him again, he looks nearly exactly like Haldir (the Elf whom they meet when they enter Lothlorien).  

Ahh yes! Haldir ;)

But when I looked at the face, I thought Chris Meloni from Law and Order SVU, not Jason Issacs.

Who is that kid with the camera BTW??  

He looks kind of goofy to me.

Colin Creevey.

If any of you would like a Chamber of Secrets wallpaper for your desktop, I put one together with Photoshop a couple of days ago using the promotional pictures from Warner Bros. It is an image of various key characters set against a backdrop of Riddle's diary and a birds-eye view painting of Hogwarts castle, with Chamber itself, seen through fog, at the bottom. I've also gave the upper half a transparent parchment-like overlay.

Here is a sample image:

hpcossmall.jpg

You can download it in two sizes: 800x600 and 1024x768

All I ask is that you please do not post the links elsewhere. They are hosted on the small amout of webspace included with the my internet service account. Any excess bandwidth usage could cause the price of my service to increase. If you want to pass it along via other means such as email, I don't mind a bit.