Is that John Williams...

JWfangirl1992

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this subject.... I was watching "Blown Away" with Jeff Bridges last night, and in the concert scene (in the end of the movie), I thought I saw JW conducting the Boston Pops conducting the "1812 Overture"... has anyone else seen this?

On this subject.... I was watching "Blown Away" with Jeff Bridges last night, and in the concert scene (in the end of the movie), I thought I saw JW conducting the Boston Pops conducting the "1812 Overture"... has anyone else seen this?

According to IMDb, it's Craig Richard Nelson.

John Barry is seen conducting the orchestra at the end of The Living Daylights.

Actually we had a thread on this subject but I'm too lazy to look it up. Or was it at FSM?

On Blown Away, in the aerial shots, it is Williams.

You can tell because his jacket changes color.

And that's something only John Williams can do. :|

What I meant was there is a continuity error in the movie. When actual footage of a concert is shown, Williams is conducting wearing a black jacket while the actor in the film playing the conductor is wearing a white jacket. Williams can be seen twice. On the laserdisc it's on side 3 (frames 6183-6410) and a few moments later there is TV footage you can see him (frames 6592-6627).

Also the actor in the film playing the conductor has a full head of hair.

Neil

Great so Williams appears conducting in a movie with no score of his, and the perfect place for him, like Home alone 2, or even at the opera house in Episode three (that would have been a cool cameo, but i dont know how an alien Williams would have been :music:) are missed...

He can be seen playing piano with the band in Some Like It Hot, I believe.

Is that the movie where Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dress up as women to join an all girls band? :music:

Neil

That's Marilyn Monroe... ;)

Seriously: Could it be that *actor* John Williams has a bit part in Some Like it Hot? I feel like I vaguely remember his name from the credits.

;) The Straight Story (Angelo Badalamenti)

John Williams was the session pianist for Some Like it Hot -- he workd on a few other scores by Adolph Deutsch, both as pianist and orchestrator. But he does not appear in the film.

He did appeared on the Elmer Bernstein scored tv show, Johnny Stacatto, were he was the pianist on the club that the main carachter hanged out. You can find a picture of that on Markus Hable great web site (mahawa.jw-music.net)

John Williams was the session pianist for Some Like it Hot -- he workd on a few other scores by Adolph Deutsch, both as pianist and orchestrator. But he does not appear in the film.

I stand corrected.

For sure if Johnny didn't want to be recognised on screen, he had probably the best scene ever for so. I don't think anybody is watching anything else than Marilyn (and the way she is lighted by the projector) in that scene!!!!