My Complete Episode I Score (restored)

GoodMusician

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Menace was not the first game using orchestra live performances. If I am not mistaken Rebel Assault used much music of the OT in the prerendered cut sequences aswell as Jedi Knight 2 (some nice edits on the CD) and that's where I got into this whole freaking (as many of my friends call it) score music. There was a brilliant piece (the force theme) in a cut sequence. I bought my first SW CD and it was missing. Thus I got all SW music and the Johnny trip began :P

I think the problem with ripping Battlefront files straight from the disc is that a) it's quite a chore to actually access he files on an X-Box disc, and B) no one has cracked the encryption on the sound files in the game anyway.

Analog might be the only way to go.

Lord Skylark has been able to rip several more video games and some of the music files are actually quite great sounding so I'm replacing a few of my edits just to keep it as... clean and crisp as possible.

Such as? I'm still wondering where to find the alternative take of Anakin's Theme, by the way.

Yes, I plan to make as complete as possible edits for II and III, which I believe I said earlier in the thread lol. "But that's another day and another thread."

Good luck, there isn't nearly so much available music for Episode II as Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, is there? I think the unreleased stuff that's available only increases the release by about 5 minutes.

And GoodMusician, are you waiting until you've finished with the Complete Score before replying to your PMs about it?

Lord Skylark has been able to rip several more video games and some of the music files are actually quite great sounding so I'm replacing a few of my edits just to keep it as... clean and crisp as possible.

Such as? I'm still wondering where to find the alternative take of Anakin's Theme, by the way.

he told you. Mus_anakin or something from Galaxies.

Why were the threads merged.

Thanks for confusing everyone.

The difference between my thread and THIS is that this tells you how to edit your own and where to get it. Mine was simply an announcment of another project about Episode I that is nearly finished.

As far as anaking theme, I told you the title of the file I have. It's from Galaxies. It's probably not on the FTP and you may have already deleted it, Cerrabore.

As far as recording music, the only thing I was curious about was the XBOX--which you can't play on your computer. We can do dvd rip all the time and have done so... I was just curious if anyone had head of someone breaking the encryption.

Oye. I walk away for 5 minutes and things go to shit.

oh, and I'm not responding to any of the PM's unless they have some pertinance.

Most of them say "Can I get the score?"

The answer is an obvious yes, so there's no point in replying until I get the scorefinished and uploaded.

When are you finished this Episode I complete score?

It taking ages...I didn't think it would take this long...

Are you going to include the Qui-Gon Jinn's Concert Suite? It is not an official concert suite, but it is very well edited together by the person who did the Star Wars: Symphony for a Saga. Do you have that track? If not, I can send it to you.

When are you finished this Episode I complete score?  

It taking ages...I didn't think it would take this long...

Well, he only announced it 10 days ago, so I wouldn't call it ages... ;)

Hey I was wondering is each track of this complete score will follows onto the next track like the Ultimate Edition?

And now I return to the thread that is a culmiation of many thoughs.

As far as taking too long, if you don't want to wait, just let me know and Ill take your name off the list. I have no problem doing that.

In all honesty, You think y ou would be a little more pleased that I'm going to such lengths to ensure the completion of this release.

But again, let me know, its a reallysimple process...

As far as the edits I'm doing they are pretty much done,I want to finish going through the other two games LS just sent me and once that'sfinished, if there is need to anything else to be editedI will do so.

I then plan to let LS hear it--as to get a second opinion. If there is something that needs to be fixed I will do it then, otherwise, I will get it uploaded and distribute.

I'm sorry its taking so long but I have a life too. I have to eat, sleep, perform, practice, compose, arrange, get ready for school, and then edit this stuff. It is for the most part done.

So it shouldn't take much longer. Just be patient.

I dunno, you'd have to ask him.

We had thought about possibly just going through my edit, and cutting out the parts from the tracks that are unreleased, and uploading those pieces to the FTP to aid in editing.

In some cases whole tracks would be uploaded.

The games he's sending me now are becomming progressively newer, so they material isn't always Episode I. I'm organizing them as I go througth them so when it comes time for II and III, it'll be easy to find the needed files and such.

As far as what's going to be uploaded, You'd have toask him as I'm unusre of how he plans to organize the FTP now.

Is there any new material that you have found for episodes II and III? Could you perhaps list them for us? I know - it's not for now, but could you just let us know if you find something in the raw files? Because I plan to edit episode II myself and I don't want it to be a waste of time.

well, there's a little bit of news. I found an alternate take of "Anakin, the Mechanic."

THis it the music from right before "Kids at Play."

The ALbum version and the UE are different... so that is one new track. lol...

ok, two little updates, the 3 disk set is now... 3 hours, 54 minutes.

Disk 3 has some new aditions.

Anakin, the Mechanic (Alternate Recording)

Kids at Play (First Run)

Anakin the Mechanic is a piece from a track of the same name from the Album but it is different than the UE.

Kids at Play was in the Insiders GUide. When listening to the track, it becomes obvious that it's a first run because the flutes/clarinets about halfway in really mess up on this chord and then are a measure off the rest of the track.

So, i'm not suppose to say anything, but Lord Skylark has... an amazing announcement to make.

All I can say is you will NOT be let down. This is great news.

Just wanted to say that Episode I is nearing completion... I know it's taking a while but I'm ensuring that we have the best quality rips... and believe me...we do...

I'm also beginning the organizing of the files to begin Episode II and III which are on their way.

I've also begun work on the OT. A lot of the rips we're getting are OT tracks and they sound amazing compared to the "Digitally Remastered" things we got... So I'm going to be redoing those as well.

Also as a side note, Lord Skylark sent me some Lapti Nek files that I'd never heard and one of them is pretty much just the music without the vocals. I've gone back and redone my original Lapti Nek Film version and I've even extended it a bit. If anyone would like to hear it, let me know. I'd like to hear some critiques. It's still rough but it's getting better... almost no DVD rip.

Even a vocal-less Film Version.

I know that's not about prequils, but it's just something to add.

Well?! When will he be on?! ;) Very exciting! That's awesome that you got those files!

I look forward to hearing this announcement.

Let me say right now, thanks so much to GoodMusician and Lord Skylark. It looks like when all is said and done, we're going to have some great stuff on our hands.

I'm wondering if any of this "amazing" new stuff is ever going to be revealed. I'm sure your complete score will be great, GoodMusician, but could you or Lordskylark please get some of these files released, uploaded to the FTP, explained, at least... ? I don't think it's acceptable that what is apparently a major breakthrough in the unreleased music "saga," as it is, should only be investigated by two people, then catalogued, edited, and released according only to the conclusions of the two.

You have to realize cerrabore, no edit is final.

What I'm trying to do is give people everything in this edit. If they don't like it, they can go back and re-edit it themselves following the files on the FTP and/or by your instructions.

What I'm presenting is everything in its original, complete fashion.

Not to be rude but it just sounds like you are tired of waiting.

To quote a great Jedi:

"Patience...think...use the Force."

It will all be made available but we want to go through it first. THat doesn't take a million people. And I'm not in charge of the FTP, so if you want to complain to someone, do it in private to Lord Skylark.

If Skylark's announcement is anything short of somehow obtaining a complete Episode II or III score, I'll be disappointed. :) No, anything would be great.

I don't mind them assembling things so long as it sounds good. If someone can pore over the stuff and compile an edit list that'd be great, but if not, so long as it soudns good, I dont' mind.

I'm really excited! Will it be announced on here, or only to a select few through PMs?

Well, lets not get too off topic.

If you all can remember, I had mentioned that there was a file that I cannot recognize ...

I don't really know what it is. It does, however, sound similar to when the gungan army extends the shields out...

It sounds almost like a sad version of that. The film version of that is tracked from right before the "Droid Invasion" music.

So now, I am asking you all for help.

The file can be found on the FTP under star wars/Episode 1/Obi-Wan/ l08_m_failure

In the words of Jar Jar, "Any help here would be hot."

I'm thinking perhaps John WIlliams wrote music for the "Bringing up the Shields" scene but that it was never used...and this is the only piece of it to come forward.

That particular area of the film actually is surprisingly bare as far as music goes. The shields are drawn is tracked, then the gungans are fired upon but nothing happends... which is odd because the next scene is the Queen and co. going into the palace...and that's music from the 2nd half of "The battle Begins."

The first half of battle begins , in the film, is used after the 2nd half for when the Droids march... so it makes you wonder what exactly the original intent was because the Droids Marching worked so well.

The file can be found on the FTP under star wars/Episode 1/Obi-Wan/ l08_m_failure

Return of the Jedi.

I'm thinking perhaps John WIlliams wrote music for the "Bringing up the Shields" scene but that it was never used...and this is the only piece of it to come forward.

That particular area of the film actually is surprisingly bare as far as music goes. The shields are drawn is tracked, then the gungans are fired upon but nothing happends... which is odd because the next scene is the Queen and co. going into the palace...and that's music from the 2nd half of "The battle Begins."

The "Activate the Droids" music was probably meant to underscore the Trade Federation Army firing on the Gungan shields.

Return of the Jedi.

Gah! You beat be to it.

So I'll get more specific: The Dark Side Beckons. The tipani roll is when Luke throws away his lightsaber, "I'll never turn to the dark side". You could try to edit it into Episode I if you want, but I don't think it'll fit in very well.

damn...that's the second time I mxed up ROTJ music with Episode I stuff...

How strange that some moments are that similar you know? ... Guess it just goes to show you that the prequils have some root in the sequils.

I do admit, I don't know the sequels that well at the moment but I will once I get to them heh....

With that said and done, I'm now "finished." I'm going to be sending the 3 disks to Lord Skylark for review. and then it should be ready to be distributed.

You have to learn how to be patient. Surely it is almost ready to be available for everyone to download?

Really I thought that was the whole point for GoodMusician and Cerrabore posting this complete score for Star Wars episode I.... so when they actually finished working on this complete episode one score they send to anyone who interested having one?....I'm confused now since they mention about sending them a PM so that they send you the complete score when they finished it?

Ok... calm down people... lol

It's finished. I'm reviewing it now, tweaking minor moments, and tommorow (today really) I'm gonna send it to Lord Skylark for a second opinion.

When done, I will post it on the web, and all those who pm'd me will get a chance to downlod it.

Lord Skylark will also redo the FTP--If my understanding is right--so that the unreleased alternates will be up in their entirety, but that missing segments will also be made available from my edit. Again, that's only if I understand that correctly.

So as far as when, by this weekend.

I think what he's saying is that his complete score will be available for download, but not on the FTP. On the FTP, unreleased segments that were not previously there will be added with the remodelling.

I've fallen behind and am kind of lost, too. I think the parts of Good Musician's Episode I score that aren't on the FTP will be loaded on there. And are we still expecting some big news from Skylark, or was the remodeling of the FTP it?

Hence the reason why I made another thread about this... but apparently that wasn't good enough and it needed to be combined. Sorry for the confusion (actually I'm not. It's not my fault)

The Complete Recordings of Episode I is nearing completion. The complete, three disk set will be available for download probably from someone else's site who graciously offered their bandwith.

Segments from the set will be placed on the FTP, such as alternates and such that weren't originally acknowledged during the initial editing process between Cerrabore and Lord Skylark.

What exactly Lord Skylark will do with the FTP is up to him, but he had discussed editing parts out of my three disk set and uploading them to the FTP (such as clean openings, endings and missing segments).

Just... everyone calm down, if you PM'd me about the score, when it's done you'll get it and that's really all you need worry about.

This thread needs a daily update post summarizing everything that has happened during the day and what to expect in the future so as to keep things clear. :)

Hence the reason why I made another thread about this... but apparently that wasn't good enough and it needed to be combined. Sorry for the confusion (actually I'm not. It's not my fault)

Indeed. It appears I have... complicated things. :)

- Marc, who's going to see if he can sort this out again.