Diamond Head released - FSM

fommes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see some Schifrin released. And CHiPs will probably be good too. ;)

EDIT: Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! The sound samples aren't working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Why are they releasing this while Family Plot and most of TOD is still unreleased?

I guess this is a rethorical question because the answer should be known to everyone here.

I don't know - Universal releases aren't exactly very common, are they? Up until Amazing Stories I didn't think they happened at all. I don't know if there's some loophole with Amazing Stories (?), or maybe they really have opened their doors to the likes of FSM, Intrada and Varese... let's hope so.

• 5 years later...

Quite the thread bump, but for those who have the CD, can you confirm that the cue appearing between 1:27:40 and 1:28:40 in the movie is featured? It is played by strings and bears a strong resemblance to the Chairman's Waltz from Geisha.

Seems to be the only part of the score that caught my attention and given that the main theme was written by Hugo Winterhalter, the passage referenced above seems to be the only one I would add to my "best of" compilation.

No, just happened to watch the movie for the first time today and I'm always looking for some way to add to my early JW compilation.

Phew, for a second I thought this was the second release that Matessino mentioned.

Same here. I thought it was going to be a Vol. 2 deal like with Not With My Wife :lol:

All hopes of Hook dashed by Diamond Head. That would have been rather devastating. :P

Cool, so did you notice a string-heavy theme that resembles The Chairman's Waltz from Memoirs of a Geisha (not the main theme). If so which track is it on?

Cool, so did you notice a string-heavy theme that resembles The Chairman's Waltz from Memoirs of a Geisha (not the main theme). If so which track is it on?

track 7?

It does not resemble it much... :eh:

• 9 years later...