Hook Question - Granny Wendy Alternate?

Kevin McCallister

I was watching the film Hook the other day on TBS and I noticed something. The film version of the cue "Granny Wendy" has a slightly extended opening in comparison to say, the Concorde version. Does this mean that the Concorde version is an alternate? Or is it simply edited down?

Sheesh, if it's an alternate, then that means John composed damn near 10 alternates for Hook (not counting the repeated versions on the Concorde Boot, such as the Never Feast alternate and Arrival of Tink/Flight To Neverland alternate). For anyone who doesn't know them, there are existing alternates for -

Banning Back Home

The Stories Are True

Arrival of Tink/Flight To Neverland (the version I speak of is the one with the film version ending. The other I believe to be nothing more than an edited down version of the film version).

The Face of Pan (w/o choir)

The Never Feast

When You're Alone (Instrumental)

The Ultimate War

Finale

If they ever do an official expanded edition, it MUST be 3 discs.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I saw the beginning of the movie in TBS too!! But it was in our NH condo, and we had to go back to Boston so I couldn't see the rest of the movie.

About the alternates, I wouldn't know. I have a 2-CD version of Hook (thanks again, Chrusher), which I got a year and a half ago, and I still haven't listened to it!!

-ROSS, who hates to see a thread with no replies, especially about Hook (or A.I. for that matter)

Granny Wendy alternate?.My guess,if its true that the Concorde boot was made from a de-hissed tape ,they probably used the original c.d. cues when possible,which might result in a shorter version of a few cues.

K.M.Purely speculating.