Best "airplane" film of 2006?

Which film is the best "airplane film" of 2006?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• United 93
    • Snakes On A Plane

A situation not unlike Armegeddon/Deep Impact or Dante's Peak/Volcano. 2 films with very similar subject matters released in the same year.

Which one is the best, which one will be remembered and which one will langer in cinema history obscurity?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which one will be remembered and which one will langer in cinema history obscurity?

I haven't seen SoaP yet, but it will go down in history simply because of the unprecedented "audience interaction" (extra filming to go along with the fans' requests). United 93 is a very good film, but my guess is it will only be remembered because 9/11 will.

2 films with very similar subject matters

Am I the only one who found that very funny?

In a way it a bit funny because if you put it this way... these two films is about getting hijacked. United 93 get hijacked during the event of sept 11 by a human and the othe film is about a plane get hijacked by snakes.

Yeah whoever put all those snakes on the plane and the people on the plane getting attacked by the snakes is considered to be hijacked, right?

It like a rip off from Air Force One...

I can't vote as I don't intend to see SOAP, but I just saw United 93, and was impressed and moved. I was struggling to hold back minor tears by the final shot - a stunningly realistic portrayal IMO.

i just saw SOAP. BEST MOVIE this year. WOW. so campily good. hahahahaha. i love how the score stops, sound effects disappear and they zoom in on sam jackson just before he says his line. HAHAHAHAHA.