NFL Network Themes! (confirmed)

chinaismine

I ran across Williams' bio at the Songwriters Hall of Fame:

Williams is the composer of the NBC News theme, "The Mission," "Liberty Fanfare," composed for the rededication of The Statue of Liberty; and themes for the Summer Olympic Games of 1984, 1988 and 1996. He is also the composer of the NFL Network Themes.

Has anyone heard of this?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams is the composer of the NBC News theme, "The Mission," "Liberty Fanfare," composed for the rededication of The Statue of Liberty; and themes for the Summer Olympic Games of 1984, 1988 and 1996. He is also the composer of the NFL Network Themes.

Never heard of this, but it's been a dream of mine that JW write a major network sports theme.

That source does sound FAKE if anyone even bothered to research it up on the net but I not totally sure.

The NFL on Fox theme song used since its inception was composed by Scott Schreer, Reed Hayes and Phil Garrod.....

However all I did was I typed "NFL Network Themes" on google and that what I came it to....... :?

Damo, don't mistake the Fox theme for all the other networks,

The NFL is played on Fox, CBS, ESPN, and NBC.

No, it means he wrote the music for THE NFL NETWORK. You know, all NFL 365 days a year?

Oh yeah, he did write a major network sports theme, it's called THE OLYMPICS. Summon The Heroes.

No, it means he wrote the music for THE NFL NETWORK. You know, all NFL 365 days a year?

Oh yeah, he did write a major network sports theme, it's called THE OLYMPICS.  Summon The Heroes.

so they played John William's Olympic music for the NFL Network?????

Oh yeah, he did write a major network sports theme, it's called THE OLYMPICS.  Summon The Heroes.

He's written 3 more themes/fanfares for various Olympics.

ya i sent a message about 2 months ago. my friends aunt plays on every williams conducted recording, so she recently recorded some new stuff for nbc including a new football theme. but no one seemed to take note of it.

heres the one i sent the message:

http://jwfan.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...ghlight=#276450

WHOA! WHAT?! Is this for real or just a mistake? I watch the NFL Network and I never would've thought that; though many NFL themes on HBO's Inside The NFL are blatant Williams ripoffs (there's one that sounds so close to Hook's main theme that you'd expect them to get sued). NFL football themes for NBC makes more sense because he's had a relationship with NBC News and Olympics. But NFL Network?! Dude... I'm going to turn it on right now and listen more closely to the bumpers (to which there's a lot).

Can anybody clarify exactly what msuic we're talking about here? tony69, you're serious? your description means he did music for NBC's NFL games. But that says NFL Network. But could it be both?

i dont know exactly what pieces it was, but i do know that she went to the studio recently and recorded some new nbc sports themes for williams. i think its the football one, but i dont know exactly.

Great News! Being an avid football fan, I can't wait to hear what Williams came up with for this theme!

Ted

EDIT: It's not the NFL Network theme, but instead the NBC Sunday Night Football Theme. Someone should email Ricard, as this is big news in my eyes at least.

Set your VCR's DVD recorders,TIVO's for Sept 7!

I'm guessing that the theme will be heard ONCE in it's entirety on that day,and then only snippets of it for the next several years,so if anyone is getting a DIGITAL broadcast and can record it digitally,we need the best sound quality possible.

the thread title should be updated to It's True!,because I almost didn't read it.

so...is this the "score" williams was working on?q

there'as a "preview/download" in the corner.anyone had a password for this?

K.M.

there'as a "preview/download" in the corner.anyone had a password for this?

I think the "preview/download" is related to a JPG of the NFL on NBC logo, not the music.

This is indeed awesome news! A dream come true for me to have Williams compose music for the NFL. This will be NBC's Sunday Night Football program, which is the broadcast televison replacement to ABC's Monday Night Football (which is now on ABC's sister cable network, ESPN).

And it sounds great! Get ready... gonna' be lots of bumpers too. Problem is, my Jets sucked so bad last year that I don't think they get any PrimeTime coverage this year, so I can't hear the theme on any of my recordings (Yes... Chrusher the Pack Rat has been recording nearly every single NY Jets and San Antonio Spurs game since the early 1990s; so now Johnny needs to record an NBA theme... which he won't because he never did when NBC had the NBA for many years - and lost it to ABC).

"John Williams has composed the new theme music for "NBC Sunday Night Football," and NBC's "Football Night in America""

Main page news...

this means there's one theme we haven't heard

K.M.