Williams cue most likely to be mistaken for a MV piece...

Sandor

What Williams cue do you expect would be most likely mistaken for a Media Ventures/Hans Zimmerish type piece....?

(Sincerely; I hope the sentence above makes sense...)

What Williams cue is the most MV in nature...?

I would say: The Football Game from Sleepers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would say... the end of "Sayuris Theme and End Credits"

Just when this synth-like percussion starts.. I was pretty dissapointed when I heard that.

I think the End Credits piece is my favorite cue on the album, outside the Chairman's Waltz, precisely for that reason.

Ted

Wow has the message board sunk so low that we are now insulting John Williams with the idea that any of his music comes close to resembling MV?

There is nothing, I repeat nothing, in Williams vast career that come even close to that garbage that MV churns out.

Wow......

Well I would say... the end of "Sayuris Theme and End Credits"

Just when this synth-like percussion starts.. I was pretty dissapointed when I heard that.

Except for the fact that actual people played the percussion on real instruments.

Yes I know.

And there is nothing Williams has written that would even make me think of MV.

Me neither, but lay people, hell yes. Sure the quality of The Moon Rising, is much better than your average MV piece, but I could see average film music fans getting them confused.

Wow has the message board sunk so low that we are now insulting John Williams with the idea that any of his music comes close to resembling MV?

There is nothing, I repeat nothing, in Williams vast career that come even close to that garbage that MV churns out.

Wow......

What he said.

Munich,

Discovering Hans to my dismay still sounds like EDIT: Williams: oops.

Yet

The raid in tarifa does sound like MV stuff

Parts of Munich 1972 sound like Debney.

The electronic rhythms in the score to Munich were absolutely perfect. I wouldn't say they're MV sounding at all. They are a strong departure from Williams' typical "style" though. I'm learning more and more lately that Williams' style can't be pinned down so easily.

Ted

Sure the quality of The Moon Rising, is much better than your average MV piece, but I could see average film music fans getting them confused.

Nah it's strange, a little boring, quirky and not memorable. People have created MV-related stuff that's way better than that. It's not a good composition at all (and now that we know, not related completely to John himself but his son).

Sure the quality of The Moon Rising, is much better than your average MV piece, but I could see average film music fans getting them confused.

Nah it's strange, a little boring, quirky and not memorable. People have created MV-related stuff that's way better than that. It's not a good composition at all (and now that we know, not related completely to John himself but his son).

Listen to the bass part in that techno bit. Then listen at 2.53 - 3.06.

I'd say a lot of Minority Report.

Chase over Coruscant.

You obvously don't know Zimmer's music very well.

Morlock- who thinks the people are simply picking cues with electornics in them, generally having little to do with the topic

Any MV music in particular? Because I know both Williams and Zimmer music quite well, and I can't think of a single Williams actiony piece that has anything to do with 'MV music'. If anything, I think something like The Terminal is closest to Zimmer. I could see Zimmer composing a good deal of that (the love theme notably excluded).

I dunno,I'm talking more "PotC" style of MV.I guess it's superficial resemblance,I don't know MV music at all in it's detail since I don't have a single c.d. of Zimmer.

K.M.

That's true, of course.

But Mark Mancina, Trevor Rabin and Harry Gregson-Williams are some light years better than Zimmer and Badelt.

And Zimmer cam score brillantly (The Thin Red Line). Ok, it's more he can redo the same moods as well as what Mallick gave him with the temp tracks of classical pieces ROTFLMAO

It's hilarious (and ridiculous) how there is always only ONE score (The Thin Red Line) that actually get out when it comes to Zimmer.

No one has never been able to name another decent Zimmer score that is worth naming. :lsvader:

and The Lion King :lsvader:

Burga - who still doesnt think Badelt's name should be dragged into the mud over POTC alone. Just check out the samples to The Promise. Sounds good to me

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FC2F7...v=glance&n=5174

I think Hannibal and expecially Gladiator are incredibly boring. How can you call them "decent"? :?

Lion King sucks just because it stole the Oscar to Forrest Gump. :music:

I could name a great deal of Zimmer's good scores, not only The Thin Red Line which I find his greatest achievment. I love "Rain Man", "Hannibal", "Black Hawk Down", "The DaVinci Code". I like "The Last Samurai", "Pearl harbour" and "Gladiator". I don't know "The Lion King", "House of the Spirits", "Beyond Rangoon" and "Crimson Tide", "As good as it gets" good enough to form an opinion, but from what I have heard they are worthy picking.

I don't understand the idea of bashing the music that is written in different manner than Williams's or doesn't obey classical patterns. Or the music that is generated on a sytnhesizer.

As much as I dislike typical Zimmer's and MV's approach to action music and their tendency to constant reuse some of their (not very good) motives, I am glad that they have to offer something different than the rest.

Still, I find it difficult to pick a cue resemblant to MV's works. Maybe "Letter bombs" from "Munich" or earlier mentioned "Football game" from "The Sleepers"

I think Hannibal and expecially Gladiator are incredibly boring. How can you call them "decent"? :?

Hannibal is far from "decent". It is a great score. I know, it doesn't have any big fanfares or any particularly loud music to catch your attention, but trust me, it's a good score.

Hannibal is far from "decent". It is a great score. I know, it doesn't have any big fanfares or any particularly loud music to catch your attention, but trust me, it's a good score.

But most importantly it fails to have the deepness of the trademark John Williams sound. Hence it's boring to me.

"Hungry Raptor" from Jurassic Park (The unused cue for the 'Raptors in the Shed' moment... the same cue continues into the commonly referred to 'Clever Girl' music but it is all one track. I'm talking about the portion from 0:00-0:57)

It is very much that early 90's, Hans Zimmer (Backdraft-esque) feel...with synth instruments abound.

But most importantly it fails to have the deepness of the trademark John Williams sound. Hence it's boring to me.

Thank god it doesn't have the depth of the Williams sound. Only one person should be sounding like JW. And it's not John Debney.