Two Williams themes. (Probably been done before)

Quintus

Star Wars Main Theme Or Superman Main Theme  

54 members have voted

1. 1.

• Star Wars
    • Superman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Superman - The SW main title has only one theme... Superman has 2 or 3, if I remember correctly.

I we are talking concert versions, SW theme has, Luke's, Leia's, Rebel's, and Throne Room :)

I pick Star Wars. I certainly love both equally, and the Superman theme does contain more motives, but compositionally I believe that the Star Wars theme is more advanced rhythmically and varied in orchestration.

I pick Star Wars. I certainly love both equally, and the Superman theme does contain more motives, but compositionally I believe that the Star Wars theme is more advanced rhythmically and varied in orchestration.

I agree. "Motives" or did you mean motifs ?

I agree. "Motives" or did you mean motifs ?

He/She could've meant both. Either way, its a difficult choice. I'll go with Superman, just for sheer thematic sweep.

Whenever the main title from Star Wars comes on, I hit next. Probably because it is so iconic, and I have heard it so many times. Superman March is a favorite, so thats where my vote goes.

I love Star Wars so much, and it was so wonderful, but when Superman came out, it surpassed even the great Star Wars main title. I didn't believe it was possible, but I was pleasantly wrong.

I'll say Star Wars simply because if I'd heard Superman as much as I've heard the SW main titles already, I'd be sick of it. Don't get me wrong--I love Williams' work on Superman as much as the next fan. But the sentimental value and sheer brilliance of the SW main title wins it out for me.

Aw man...this is like comparing oranges to tangerines. Quite the same on the outside, different taste on the inside, but I picked Star Wars. (Which according to my non-JW fan friend I "rock out to". Well let the rocking continue!)