Picture for the main page

pianoman1

I noticed just now actually that the picture of John Williams at jwfan.net, is a poor picture. His mouth looks crooked and he looks slightly dazed and confused. I just thought it maybe we could change it to something else that looks a little more, professional and appriatable (excuse the horrible spelling) picture.

logo.gif

See what i mean?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have seen the previous pictures. If you can remember, he was with his baton conducting. They were great, but they were also the same photographs you could find in any site.

This new one, I think, is a candid photo, and you will hardly find it anywhere else(correct me if I'm wrong).

Guys,

The picture will be gone by the end of the week. Not because of the complaints, but because we'll have a different layout in just a few days.

And for those who don't remember the source of the picture:

http://www.johnnyecks.com/williamsconcertpics.htm

Ricard - Who is greatful to Johnny Ecks for letting him use the picture all this time :)

Guys,

The picture will be gone by the end of the week. Not because of the complaints, but because we'll have a different layout in just a few days.

Excellent (in mock-Mr. Burns fashion)

Another new layout?

Does that include the MB aswell?

Justin -Who hopes not.

The design of the MB will not change, but it will be fully integrated into the website (you'll see what I mean next week).

The best picture of Williams is the one in the insert of the Spielberg-Williams collaboration albom,which was used to illustrate the cover.He neither looks too old as of late or to young.

K.M.

Ricard,

You are welcome! I, personally, think that the picture (while looking a little dazed and mouth twisted and all) is a good one. It is a candid shot taken at the concert in Boston (I'm cut out of the picture here on the site, but the full one is on my website) when I got to meet him.

There is a reason for his crookedness............ my mother, all technologically impaired, couldn't figure out how to use my digital camera. I was in the process of telling her when she says "I think I got it.....oh wait.......no". Williams was saying at the time "Take your time Ruth, if it dosen't come out we'll......" and **SNAP** went the picture.

So, he was in the middle of a sentance, whereas I was in the middle of laughing and smiling.

Crazy pic, I know!

But, anyways...looking forward to the new layout Ricard. Good luck!