What music would you like to have played at your funeral?

Sandor

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fawkes the phoenix, at the end of my funeral. Just so the people get out of it with a more or less happy feeling. And for the symbolism too of course!

"I'm comin' back, Grandma!"

Ray Barnsbury

Come to think of it, the most fitting piece of music for my cremation would be The Final Conflict from the third omen film.

Beginning with Goldsmith's "religious sound" and the choir attacking the attendants with "Adversum...Adversum...Adversum etc...etc". Then to the tortured strings building tension, growing ever more stronger and louder.

Untill the final choral outburst underscoring the slow sinking of my coffin into the floor and into the furnace. (some pyrotechnical effects would be most suitable here).

After that the public are left with a reprise of Goldsmith's main theme and the creepy choral whispers Varese put on the end of the CD as a bonus.

Farewell indeed buggers!

Untill the final choral outburst underscoring the slow sinking of my coffin into the floor and into the furnace. (some pyrotechnical effects would be most suitable here).

LOL

The Penis Song, Monty Python.

Justin

;)

I think I may pick In a Summer Garden by Delius.

Pop songs sound crass enough at weddings, they would just sound nasty at a funeral IMO. The Penis Song on the other hand, well it might just be the kind of gesture everyone in attendance would appreciate. Your final parting joke.

I have often thought about this question. And what to play at my wedding? Well, there is one wonderful piece of filmmusic that IMHO would fit for both of them: I would chose Hans Zimmers String piece "To Every Captive Soul" from Hannibal.

Henry, who hates Zimmers synthesizer-music 8O

On a lighter note...I think at the end of my funeral...after the sad Pa Kent cue from Superman I'd like the WB cartoons "That's All Folks" cue played. I think people would leave the funeral saying, in typically Australian fashion; "Jeeze he was a funny bugger!" :P

Hmmm a fire and light show.....

Unless Steef is gonna depart this Earth by spontaneous combustion to the strains of Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks.

Hmmm a fire and light show.....

Unless Steef is gonna depart this Earth by spontaneous combustion to the strains of Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks.

Goldsmith's "Fireworks".