I don't think anything can top those unless Gandalf is revealed to have a steamy affair with Galadriel.

Well, you do see her stroking Gandalf's hair. I don't know if that's an Elvish version of a come-on. :biglaugh:

Even when he attempts to be subtle, he is still wonderfully larger then life.

There's a wonderful scene in much Ado About Nothing were he stands in the background when 2 other characters are talking, and all you see if him, looking angry with balled fists.

Brian Blessed could have acted a Dwarf without any make-up on. Just slap an armor on him and he is good to go. I love how theatrical he can be and how larger than life his persona is. I remember watching a I Claudius documentary and the director chose Blessed to play Augustus for his larger than life quality. He himself was doubtful how should he approach the role and the director said "Just be as you are Brian, full of flanel." And he really was a marvelous mix of high drama and boisterous fluff in that role. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

About time! It seems the Messenger has fallen short yet again :lick:

I kid of course...

Can't believe they're shooting Part 2 now (I'm aware that they're splitting up duties between both films in some order though)...!!!

Peter Jackson is fattening up again, it makes him look awesome again!

Thanks Alice!

Awesome video! Those locations are truly beautiful, a dream for any filmmaker.

And BloodBait, it seems your post has been taken. Leave room for the new blood, old man! :stick:

OK, what the fuck is that? What's with all those newbies taking MY news and leaking them before I allowed it? Would someone please ban them? LeBlanc?

Oh give it up...you've lost your prime, we all get old someday ;)

In the meantime, let's celebrate this new video. Some of those visual excerpts of film we got look stunning! Cannot wait...

In fact, once I'm done watching this video...I'm totally watching the trailer another 10 times!

Another great production video. PJ is getting Hobbitier and the shoot is going well. Awesome vistas to be expected in the movies. :)

Btw the axe embedded in the head of one of the dwarves is creeping me out. I mean most of the axe head is buried into his forehead. Shouldn't his living be impaired by that quite severely?

And BloodBait, it seems your post has been taken. Leave room for the new blood, old man! :stick:

OK, what the fuck is that? What's with all those newbies taking MY news and leaking them before I allowed it? Would someone please ban them? LeBlanc?

Oh give it up...you've lost your prime, we all get old someday ;)

I do feel old. I'm old, guys. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread. I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. In fact I mean not to.

Old Toby. The finest weed in the Southfarthing.

I'm really disliking the look of those dwarves. Like, a lot. Almost enough to put me off seeing the films. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the design and look of them just do not work for me at all. They look too cartoony or something.

Martin Freeman looked superb as Bilbo, though.

Yeah, that as well.

I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get myself all excited about this movie. Which is really weird when I think back to my gushing LotR fandom.

At this moment in time I'm more looking to season 2 of Game of Thrones.

Howard Shore charged with stealing a cellphone.

I hope that won't prevent him from composing the score for the two films...

LOL Well played sir.

However, this brings up the question of what you do on your spare time! I mean, how often do you search up the Toronto Star (and other foreign papers for that matter)? ;)

That makes sense...I fell quite bad for Shore though. Hopefully we'll still get those Hobbit scores out of him ;)

I'd love it f they interviewed David Salo a bit in one of these videos.

I imagine we're getting a lot of new inventions on Khuzdul and mooore Sindarin for the Elves. My beloved Quenya may be relegated to the Dol Guldur storyline. Which sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

My, how the shipping containers add to the ambiance.

It is the new brave production design!

My, how the shipping containers add to the ambiance.
It is the new brave production design!

Kudos to Jackson for taking on this great new interpretation of Tolkien's Middle Earth! The massive cold steel boxes perfectly reflect the atmosphere of the texts! :D

So Connolly was more interested in fishing in NZ than the role. That cheeky bugger!

So Connolly was more interested in fishing in NZ than the role.

You really need to reread The Hobbit! In the book, it is said that Dain is known as "Ironfoot The Fisherman".

Connolly is just preparing for his role!

I bet he also uses that excuse when he goes off boozing for 5 days a week.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I should be sharing this, but I trust you guys quite a bit to share this news. Well, over the past few days I've been communicating with Doug Adams over email and I managed to finally pull something out of him (it took some convincing) about the Hobbit score and I'm not sure if it will be to all our liking.

Being Howard Shore, apparently the man has already started working on the score (coming up with themes and stuff). But apparently Peter Jackson doesn't exactly love what he's hearing. So he's apparently been thinking of bringing in some assistant composers to help Shore out. Apparently his reasoning is that he wants to take the Hobbit in a "new musical direction". They'll probably still use Shore's themes and the new ones he's already started making for the film, but apparently he wants the style of the music to change.

So it seems like Jackson hasn't really recovered from the "artistic differences" in King Kong. God knows what all this means. All I managed to get out Doug was that there will be a couple of additional composers working with Shore. I never got any names, in fact I don't think Jackson picked them yet (God forbid they turn out to be RC/MV guys...but Jackson never liked those guys anyways).

At this rate, Shore could get kicked off the project like he did for King Kong. They'll probably use his themes (like the Dwarf company theme in the trailer) but have someone else compose the music. This sucks so much!!! What a way to destroy 2012 :(

Of course nothing is certain at this point...Let's hope things turn out to go for the better...