Then again, LotR had some pretty bad posters too:

Even some of the major ones that ended up as DVD covers were rather shabby. They started out with some brilliant posters for FOTR, and some great teasers later on (Aragorn in full king's armor riding toward the Black Gate), but in general, they degarded more and more into cheap floating head arrangements.

For the DVD covers, its only the TTT one that I didn't really like.

I mean I really liked the RotK DVD cover:

lord-of-the-rings-poster.jpg

And there were some fantastic teasers for all 3 films.

I don't particularly like the 2nd one and the last one. And posters I would add:

MPW-6836.jpg

MPW-7443.jpg

MPW-7442.jpg

They're pretty much character posters, but pretty nice ones at that.

Fellowship had some of the best ones too,

A70-13093.jpg

Fellowship had some of the best ones too,

A70-13093.jpg

That one is my favourite.

That, and the Moria one with the dialogue quote. Sadly, I have neither. I still have the Frodo+Ring teaser poster somewhere though... bought that at Forbidden Planet in London.

Great news!

They really must have a lot of material for these films. 3 films with Extended Editions. But I'm glad they're sticking with the EE's.

I bet we get a few more scenes of Dwarf in full comedy action and see couple of more frames of the Great Goblin falling down the tunnels before he lands on the Dwarves. Oh and the ritualistic shaving of beards of Kili and Thorin, who think it is cooler to have a short beard 'cause the ladies dig it.

It was always PJs cunning plan to make 3 movies. He just kept it a secret from everybody for a long time. I think he fooled the studio again. Crafty man this Jackson fellow.

And yet I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening.

Oh and the ritualistic shaving of beards of Kili and Thorin, who think it is cooler to have a short beard 'cause the ladies dig it.

Of course. Nothing turns on a lady dwarf than having a longer beard than the male. It makes her feel dominant.

it's going to be strange if the hobbit ends having more runtime than the whole LOTR trilogy...

I predict right now An Unexpected Journey will be 2 hours 25 minutes theatrically, and 2 hours 50 minutes in the Extended Edition

Yeah, I'd guess the extended editions are just 20 or so minutes longer, and unlike the LOTR EE's that were carefully crafted and still excluded lots of scenes, the Hobbit EE's will just have EVERYTHING thrown in (even if it's rubbish and deserved to be deleted).

It's purely a marketing thing now; the consumer EXPECTS extended editions,

It was always PJs cunning plan to make 3 movies. He just kept it a secret from everybody for a long time. I think he fooled the studio again. Crafty man this Jackson fellow.

I can totally see that, too.

it's going to be strange if the hobbit ends having more runtime than the whole LOTR trilogy...

I thought about that, too. Absurd...

that whole 2 minute frodo & gandalf dialogue is in my top 3 favorite scenes from fotr! brilliantly scored too.

I completely wholeheartedly agree. You probably won't belive me but this part of dialog is the main thing i took with me after the first viewing. Whenever i thought about the film it still remained the highlight (the original scene in Moria as well as the repeat on Amon Hen when Frodo decides to leave the company).

How has Hugo Weaving not aged at all? Stunning.

Considering they shot most of LOTR 12-13 years before The Hobbit, the fact that so many of the actors look identical is quite amazing.

Radagast looks batty as hell and that is the most flattering image we have seen of him thusfar in my opinion. They could have wiped the bird droppings from the right side of his face for the stamp picture.

And there must be some mistake in there! No Kili stamp!!! :o

Well we have ample time to ponder this EE conundrum before it is even due to be release and so does PJ and Warner. Obviously Warner was not careful enough.

I like the stamps and it shows Radagst's best image. But the bird droppings are ridiculous.

I don't like the banners much.

No he serves as a lackey and a foot soldier for the Bunnies of Doom of course. He runs their errands although it may look the other way around. You are probably confusing debut with debutize Faleel, although I am sure you were just joking in the first place. ;)