I saw that trailer earlier, it was posted on the hobbit's official facebook page. I thought that shot of Gandalf fighting in goblin town right at the end was new

BTW Radagast is an animal slaver...

This is what irked me so much about the Bunnies of Doom. For someone who loves animals so much, why on earth is he forcing a bunch of bunnies to pull his sled?

I could imagine Radagast riding a big wild deer that's his friend or something like that if they wanted to pull something unusual.

Another option could be a small Celtic chariot with WHEELS.

Well I agree that his level of eccentricity worries me a bit. But like BloodBoal, I seriously doubt he'll go into JarJar territory. It looks like despite his wackiness, he'll present moments of "insight" and "wisdom".

Radagast also doesn't bring a whole underwater city full of whacky wizards with bird shit in their hair with him. He will also not be as integral a part to the story as Jar Jar was I assume.

I appreciate the effort to make him different from Gandalf, but I was hoping for a little more .... dignity.

Radagast could be eccentric yet awesome at the same time. That should not be a contradiction. Hell, he's played by a Doctor...

To be honest, I really am not bothered by Radagast anymore. Sure, he may not be presented with the greatest dignity, but I think McCoy's performance will be enjoyable. And I think his character will have plenty of great serious, wizardly moments throughout the trilogy, especially in the Dol Goldur scenes with Gandalf. He's not going to be like the Mad Hatter or anything...

And I like Chaac's idea about Radagast's vessel (not the chariot though...thats a bit much). A deer would have really suited Radagast and give him a more dignified presence worthy of the Istari. Would have been a lot better than CG bunnies and porcupines.

How is this a "spoiler free" thread when I see yet more fucking Bloodboal linked vids and photos every other damn post?

Jesus H. Christ can someone get a clue and clarify what goes where? Can't get the staff at all these days!

"But you don't have to watch them" will be the response - when it shouldn't even be a consideration in this joke of a unspoiled Hobbit thread!

Commercials and trailers are not spoilers. If you don't want to know anything about the movies at all, stay out of all the threads man. I dunno what to tell you.

I propose that when this movie goes on general release and members here start posting their reactions and reviews, BloodBoal should be banned from the board for the fixed term of one week exactly.

Are we getting some kind of last weeks of waiting crankiness in this thread or what? Everybody seems on the edge but instead of being giddy it is all snapping at each other between BBs news reports.

When I first saw those images and did read Stefan's message, I thought that was some Swedish food line for the poor but then I saw that they were lining up for the movie theater. Brave people! I am glad there was no snow though. That would have been even nippier.

Some truly dedicated Finnish fans queueing for ticket to the Hobbit premiere in Helsinki and in my hometown of Oulu (the last picture):

Soft as butter as they can be, and yet sometimes as tough as old tree-roots. I think it likely that some would resist the cold of waiting for the tickets to the Hobbit far longer than most of the Wise would believe.

1288518891510.jpg

1288518893893.jpg

WP_000858.jpg

Queueing like that is in equal part about the event itself and getting the tickets.

Is that real? Why are those people queuing for a movie two weeks early?

Not for the movie, just for the premiere tickets. The tickets came on sale on the 23rd of November and people were queueing for them from the day before (I suspect some might have been there longer).

Scandinavian authorities are worried that a new Occupy movement will be born from this. Calling for a redistribution of wealth and giving all the people of the world the opportunity to live in nice comfy Hobbit holes.

When I first saw those images and did read Stefan's message, I thought that was some Swedish food line for the poor but then I saw that they were lining up for the movie theater. Brave people! I am glad there was no snow though. That would have been even nippier.

indeed, but it was still crazy cold. my toes are still defrosting and I still look like rudolph freakin red nosed reindeer... but it was a fun experience and now we have our tickets!!!! december 11th, 23:59, 3D & 48fps (I caved), sweden's biggest cinema and "VIP" seats.

and speaking of snow and dedicated fans... last night in stockholm and uppsala:

424931_504986592868167_740362378_n.jpg

481826_505000192866807_242290541_n.png

74230_505198232847003_1330780154_n.jpg

21782_505196912847135_1176321295_n.jpg

crazy fanboys!

Impressive! Crazy and impressive! I am glad people here got their tickets before the snow storms started here.

Oh damn! Now I feel like a hipster, having a Hobbit avatar long before it became mainstream! ;)

:thumbup:

and hobbit avatar month has officially started!

Is it Hobbit avatar month already? Guess I better switch from white to grey then!

An interview with Adam Brown (Ori), with a very interesting bit:

“I was in the middle of rehearsing for the Edinburgh Festival, which I had performed at for 10 years, and I told my agent: ‘I can’t audition, I’m touring’. Then he explained it was for the Hobbit movie.”

Not only that, it was for the lead role of Bilbo Baggins. This was at the time when Martin Freeman was thought to be unable to play the role because of his commitments shooting the BBC’s Sherlock and the filmmakers were, says Adam, “casting their net wide, very wide”.