"24 fps 184 Min 56 Sek 25 fps 177 Min 32 Sek"

Seems odd to me, I thought the length would be the same regardless of frame rate.

The Blu-Ray will have the film at the traditional 24fps frame rate that is associated with motion picture film. The German DVD will be in PAL, which has a standard framerate of 25fps. When they do this conversion, there are no new frames created to fill in the extra frame per second. Instead, the movie is sped up by 4%. It's like this with pretty much every film to PAL video transfer.

Yep, Marc is correct.

Why wasnt The Hobbit offered on Blu-ray in it's original 48 fps format?

Does the Blu-ray format not support this?

Blu Ray does NOT supposed 48fps at 1080p. It does, however, support 24, 50, and 60 fps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_ray#Video

Progressive means each frame is stored in its entirety all together. So for a 24p movie on blu ray, every single frame is stored on disc individually, in complete form.

Interlaced means each frame is stored in two half-frames (one containing the odd lines and one containing the even lines), and they are assembled together on the fly when broadcasting the image. All NTSC TV plus VHS is interlaced, which was why DVD was so nice, as it was progressive.

It's true.

PAL has always been slightly faster. Which was a disadvantage.

The benifit over NTSC DVD's was though that PAL had a slightly better resolution. 720 x 576 over 720 x 480.

So European DVD's ran a bit faster, but looked a bit better.

Thank god Blu Ray and HDTVs came along to equalize everything. Everyone now sees things at home the same as they were in the theater

The movie also felt sped up in IMAX HFR, especially during the first few minutes, when my eyes still had to get used to it.

I'm pretty sure DoS and TABA will still be released in HFR. Theaters are willing to slap all kinds of extras onto their movies to make a few extra bucks here.

Keep telling yourself that, darling.

It took you 11 years to reach 27 000 posts, it took me 3 to reach 10 000 posts. Do the maths!

I know, but I barely posted until 2009. Since then I've posted more per day than you have. You'll never catch up.

And none of us will ever catch up to Steef.

BTW, watching FOTR, why do people have problems with Bilbo's fall, but not have any problem with Aragorn being tossed against the wall by the Cave Troll, or Gandalf slamming into the side of the chasm while Fighting the Balrog in TTT etc.?

ook you 11 years to reach 27 000 posts, it took me 3 to reach 10 000 posts. Do the maths!

I know, but I barely posted until 2009. Since then I've posted more per day than you have. You'll never catch up.

me_zps04848992.jpg

Keep telling yourself that, darling.

It took you 11 years to reach 27 000 posts, it took me 3 to reach 10 000 posts. Do the maths!

You never know if the next server or borad update will make a post-reset.

It happened once :P

And still, stefan managed to do it ...