You're starting to sound like Doug trying to explain the use of Nature's Reclamation during the charge of the Rohirrim!

I don't get why that one doesn't make sense. The idea that the NR theme evolves into a kind of general "force of good" theme sits well with me.

Yeah sure. After it was tracked during the Forth Eorlingas scene...

Well tracking origins or no, it still evolved nicely and logically. Good themes, uh... find a way.

The raw brass section man, its just like "The Land of Shadow"!

Actually its more like DOTF in ROTS, same melody, just different lyrics (though with DOTF, I think it was just re-recorded choir?)

To me, it feels like a musical reward for all my patience listening to clipped statements and half-statements of all of the Evil themes, to finally have it played/laid out in full at the end of the score.

DOTF was just re-recorded choir I think. It was good though.

I like the Nazgúl statement in The Hobbit. If the ring theory turns out to be the case then I'm ok with that.

Laketown and Rohirrim are related in a way, but not close enough that using the Rohan theme would be at all tasteful, clever, or just plain right.*

*In other words, no Rohan theme please.

You're starting to sound like Doug trying to explain the use of Nature's Reclamation during the charge of the Rohirrim!

I don't get why that one doesn't make sense. The idea that the NR theme evolves into a kind of general "force of good" theme sits well with me.

It was originally scored with Gandalf The White (in Nature), meaning Gandalf acts as an agent of nature to aid Rohan. It's not too big of a jump to assume it was eventually decided Nature has a more direct hand in it, with the Huorns coming to Helms Deep and all, so Nature Reclamation was then used.

The use in RotK is then just consequential. I don't think it's used twice for Rohan in RotK just because PJ felt like it. The fact that no alternates ever showed up for these points towards intention by the composer.

The thing is that we it'll just be a cover excuse at best. It's not a logical explanation. And no doubt most people will eat it up, which is what makes it sad.

The music was put there because someone thought it was cool, not because there's some next level thematic connection in the plot. But the latter is what will be used to cover up the former explanation.

Laketown and Rohirrim are related in a way, but not close enough that using the Rohan theme would be at all tasteful, clever, or just plain right.*.

Stop giving Jackson ideas!!!

Well tracking origins or no, it still evolved nicely and logically. Good themes, uh... find a way.

I'll tell you the problem with the composition power that PJ's using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. He listened to what others had done and he took the next step. He didn't earn the knowledge for himself, so he doesn't take any responsibility… for it. He stood on the shoulders of geniuses to use a theme as fast as he could and before he even knew what he had he patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a scene, and now he's selling it. He wants to sell it!

I'll tell you the problem with the composition power that PJ's using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. He listened to what others had done and he took the next step. He didn't earn the knowledge for himself, so he doesn't take any responsibility… for it. He stood on the shoulders of geniuses to use a theme as fast as he could and before he even knew what he had he patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a scene, and now he's selling it. He wants to sell it!

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

I would give you a gold star for that if I could.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

I would give you a gold star for that if I could.

Don't talk to it gkgyver, don't encourage it!

The thing is that we it'll just be a cover excuse at best. It's not a logical explanation. And no doubt most people will eat it up, which is what makes it sad.

The music was put there because someone thought it was cool, not because there's some next level thematic connection in the plot. But the latter is what will be used to cover up the former explanation.

Laketown and Rohirrim are related in a way, but not close enough that using the Rohan theme would be at all tasteful, clever, or just plain right.*.

Stop giving Jackson ideas!!!

It was either chosen simply because it sounds cool or because there is also some kind of connection. If there is some kind of connection the it was not put there willy nilly. I do wonder how much say Shore gets with these things, he surely wouldn't he happy using tracked statements from bits of LOTR at random moments.

Which is why he kept a safe distance from Jackson's person on DoS ;)

He would have used the Aleatoric squeeze on Jackson's neck., and then conducted his body out the door, and then left it in the garbage to decompose.

I'm not saying the whole Thorin/Azog ring subplot was put there to explain the music, that'd be stupid. If its true, then it was there before. But even if it was true, I'm saying that would likely not be the genuine reason the Nazgul theme was put there. The Nazgul theme is there because Jackson liked it there. I seriously think its as simple as that.

He would have used the Aleatoric squeeze on Jackson's neck., and then conducted his body out the door, and then left it in the garbage to decompose.

Well this certainly isn't Shores most flattering image...1005597_567356226641712_670997503_n.jpg

Mmmmh...there's a lot of music of Shore in the appendices of the Hobbit!!

Edge the wild.

Erebor

The dwarf Lords

Even the fanfare or frying pan!

Also there are some snipets of unreleased hobbit music that appears on the "Creating of the music of the Hobbit" video.

Instrumental version of The road goes ever on

You can practically read the murderous thoughts in his eyes!

He must be thinking "why am I not holding an Oscar?"

Mmmmh...there's a lot of music of Shore in the appendices of the Hobbit!!

Instrumental version of The road goes ever on

What on earth are you talking about?

There is no Road Goes Ever On in AUJ.

He could be referring to the music when Gandalf arrives in FOTR EE.

would make sense, seeing how that music was also in the FOTR appendices.

The song that Bilbo sings in FOTR.

There are a instrumental version of that song played by guitars, also played by guitars: Song of the Lonely Mountain, Man of the Moon and the solo guitars of The Adventure Begins.

The theme that appears complete (background music) is this: 02:50

And yes!!

It appears the scene when Thorin fights with Azog ( the initial cut without fx) with the original choir music (not the nazgul theme)!!!

Its played complete? or is it just the bit we here in that video?

Played complete, with the transition to Gandalf theme (Radagast)

And yes!!

It appears the scene when Thorin fights with Azog ( the initial cut without fx) with the original choir music (not the nazgul theme)!!!

Is it just taken from the OST, or is it longer?

And yes!!

Is it just taken from the OST, or is it longer?

Its taken from the OST.

The original Good Omen also appears with footage of the dwarves been rescued by the eagles ( rough cuts without fx) and the music fits sooooo perfect.

I am more excited about any soundtrack announcements they might make. Track lists etc. would be nice. :)

Plus I am excited to see Howard Shore with Doug Adams on the EE extras. It will be a hard wait until 15th of November.

Plus I am excited to see Howard Shore with Doug Adams on the EE extras. It will be a hard wait until 15th of November.

Maybe Doug will talk about us!

"And, then, you know, you've got to deal with those annoying fans on the Internet, coming up with all kinds of weird theories about the music, about why this theme was put here or there, etc. And you've got to try to contain that anger and that moaning and bitching by telling them everything is under control. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't."

Now that would be something...

horrible.

Doug is in the appendices, yes and Howard Shore also... but only in footage recordings from 2001 Mines of Moria and the Abbey Road recording from the past year (29 september!!!). He's conducting an alternate version of the epic version of the Company theme (similar to "The World is Ahead", but diferent) Ah, and a very brief moment of Rivendell music.

Also, "The Valley of Imladris" appears nearly in full form in the "Rivendell" featurette.

Maybe Doug will talk about us!

"And, then, you know, you've got to deal with those annoying fans on the Internet, coming up with all kinds of weird theories about the music, about why this theme was put here or there, etc. And you've got to try to contain that anger and that moaning and bitching by telling them everything is under control. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't."

Does it ever work? Someone will usually say 'Thanks Doug' and then, once we're sure he's gone, the doom-mongering starts up again, often worse than before.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Doug is in the appendices, yes and Howard Shore also... but only in footage recordings from 2001 Mines of Moria and the Abbey Road recording from the past year (29 september!!!). He's conducting an alternate version of the epic version of the Company theme (similar to "The World is Ahead", but diferent) Ah, and a very brief moment of Rivendell music.

Also, "The Valley of Imladris" appears nearly in full form in the "Rivendell" featurette.

YIPEE!!!!