He's conducting an alternate version of the epic version of the Company theme (similar to "The World is Ahead", but diferent).

Probably the music for the company coming out of the trees after Bilbo saves Thorin (if so, then it is not an alternate, its a unreleased cue.)

That's probably part of it, but that shyness must have appeared rather quickly between 2003 and 2012, as his presence on LotR was anything but shy.

In the RotK documentaries, he still seemed like a pretty reserved, quiet person. Not one who particularly loved face-time in front the camera. Sure he had moments of silliness, but he still preferred his peaceful park walks over the spotlight. And as he's grown older, you'd naturally expect some of those introverted traits to have increase.

That's probably part of it, but that shyness must have appeared rather quickly between 2003 and 2012, as his presence on LotR was anything but shy.

In the RotK documentaries, he still seemed like a pretty reserved, quiet person. Not one who particularly loved face-time in front the camera. Sure he had moments of silliness, but he still preferred his quiet park walks over the spotlight. And as he's grown older, those more introverted traits naturally increased.

This is how I see it and now he knows that Doug knows what he's talking about. He's able to let him do the media work and he can do as he likes. I don't begrudge him that.

Indeed. The man is nearly 70 years old. If he wants more time for himself, he certainly deserves to take it. I can only imagine the toll these hectic schedules have already taken on him.

Why does everyone keep assuming health reasons? I don't think Shore's on his deathbed folks.

And I think JW has a much better personality suited for the camera when compared to Shore. He also seems healthier in a way, more lively :P

Not to mention, the projects Williams works on these days give him the ample time he desires to write comfortably. He never has to deal with Jackson's work schedule.

YES! BLAME! BLAME! BLAME NOW! BLAME TO RUIN, AND HOWARD SHORE'S ENDING!!!!!!!

Would Nature's Reclamation be appropriate now?

Yes, for Blame is a natural part of life, Rejoice for those around you who are blamed with Force. Mourn them do not. hate them do not.

Teach yourself to let it out, on all you would fear to blame.

Health reasons?

Maybe Shore is having anxiety attacks related to reading about himself on the JWFAN.com message boards

Not a good place to visit for any composer who wants to retain his mental health.

That perhaps is not the best advertisement but hey there it is.

Health reasons?

Maybe Shore is having anxiety attacks related to reading about himself on the JWFAN.com message boards

Not a good place to visit for any person who wants to retain his mental health.

That perhaps is not the best advertisement but hey there it is.

Fixed.