Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Ah, yeah, that guy is badass. In fact, I'm sure there is a picture of him at the word Badass in the Danish dictionary.

Stealing, on the other hand. I still can't get hold of that magazine.

Did you try the tip I gave a few posts above yours? Or are you saying you don't have an iPad?

Stealing, on the other hand. I still can't get hold of that magazine.

Did you try the tip I gave a few posts above yours? Or are you saying you don't have an iPad?

I did and it caught me. I probably didn't do it right. Oh well!

Hey I finally found a list of theaters worldwide showing The Hobbit in HFR (High Frame Rate)

http://www.48fpsmovi...s-theater-list/

There's also this list which breaks down options further

https://docs.google....d=0&output=html

I'm also guessing that we hear some of The Adventure Begins towards the end smile.png

Sounds like it. Sounds a little like the music for Merry and Pippin in Maggot's fields, only ... jollier and more playful. And I LOVE the Shire theme towards the end. Can't wait to listen to that full volume on my speakers or in my car.

The trolls look fantastic. And is that a shot from the possible "Bilbo's Birthday" scene?

new awesome behind the scenes video:

http://galenrogers.t...ost/35215894196

"that's what bilbo baggins hates" :D classic.

You realized what you just did? You made us listen to some music from The Hobbit!!! I'm sure that's Old Friends playing in that video! Damn you, Swedish Demon! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to worry, it's a different cue, probably "The Adventure Begins". I love how the Shire theme plays over the playful Hobbit music!

I am planning to see the Hobbit in North Little Rock at the new Regal 12, it will be present in the new HFR 3D, projected at 48FPS.

This link is really intriging

http://regmovies.com/The-Hobbit-48

It is the future....

no showings in Holland, Poor Stefan

Looks like the Great Eye can see it, I can see it, Ren has options, not sure how close she is to Saco or Newington, Jason, HB, most of us here in the states near a large city.

I'm seeing it at midnight Thursday with friends at a totally normal 2D theater in my town.

Later on I'll see it in HFR 3D in Boston, and I'll likely check out an IMAX screening sometime as well. Unless I absolutely hate the movie of course.

I'll be seeing the midnight showing of the film in 48fps, the way it was meant to be watched. Then I'll see it in IMAX, 2D, etc.

Well I like the new Wargs and the goblins are quite ok although as Chaac says the need to create yet again new Orcs is a bit hazy. It would be nice to see a bit more unity in the Orcs of the Misty Mountains but I guess Orc tribes do not only change appearance in weapons and attire but in their physiology.

And apparently Elves really like the open air. I just wonder does Rivendell have a single enclosed room with 4 solid walls and windows that can be shut. That council chamber in the picture is an awful place to meet during a rain or snow storm.

whoa, the goblins... impressive stuff.

which middle-earth character are you?

hehe. I'm a hobbit, apparently.

Well obviously I am an Elf, this test just proved it without a shadow of a doubt.

the warg looks great compared to the LOTR desing.

Also it and the orcs look rather photorealistic, so i can see the no need of human with prostethics. Nevertheless the trailer showed some strange motion, and that is what may ruin them.

whoa, the goblins... impressive stuff.

hehe. I'm a hobbit, apparently.

An elf!

the warg looks great compared to the LOTR desing.

Also it and the orcs look rather photorealistic, so i can see the no need of human with prostethics. Nevertheless the trailer showed some strange motion, and that is what may ruin them.

There are pictures of extras in orc suit without masks, with CGI markers on their heads.

Well I like the new Wargs and the goblins are quite ok although as Chaac says the need to create yet again new Orcs is a bit hazy. It would be nice to see a bit more unity in the Orcs of the Misty Mountains but I guess Orc tribes do not only change appearance in weapons and attire but in their physiology.

If they had kept the same look as the one for Moria's Orcs, people would have been like: "So, they're just giving us The Bridge Of Khazad-Dûm Bis. That's cheap."

Apparently, I'm Eru.

I'm an elf!

And the wargs look fantastic. The orcs are also good but will take some getting used to. I'm also worried about how these various CG characters will look in the big picture. In the trailer, they seemed a bit off.

Sweet, the Majestic in Silver Spring will have it in 48fps. Last time I saw a movie there the fire alarm went off during the trailers and I got a free pass that I have yet to use. Guess I have a reason to go back there!

Found a theatre in my area that shows it in HFR 3D. It's a half hour drive, but I think that's quite acceptable for this event. I'm not a fan of 3D, but I guess I'll miss out on something if I haven't at least seen the 48 fps version.

The master of hues and friend of the animals looks dafter than ever in those picks. Obviously he is portrayed as a half deranged nature loving good natured bird tamer of a fool. And he has a bird nest on top of his head. Gandalf looks positively regal in comparison.

The bird nest I don't mind but the bird shit is the worst idea they had in the entire production. I dunno what they were thinking, they went too far