Bloodboal, I don't understand why actively avoid even listen to a few seconds of Shore's score, but devour every new picture, trailer, and commercial that pops up and ponder on how it relates to the story and how it will be adapted for the film, including analyzing what others say about the score to predict how the film will unfold. Seems contradictory to do all that while actively avoiding listening to the score.

I was just about to post the same observation. You have now practically seen half of the movie and resiliently avoid the score??

And for all of you who haven't listened the score; It's magnificent, just brilliant! Listen to it!!

Well, it's ok.

You all realise right that Bloodbellend is gonna be hugely disappointed (vocally so) with this movie when he finally sees it (read: what's left of it).

How could the outcome be any different? But I'll want to participate in this thread's reactions and debate, so the ignore function will once again be initiated, at least just while his predictable shit is issuing out of his gob.

BB has barely seen anything. Bits and pieces. There are entire chunks and scenes of the film of which we haven't seen a thing. Maybe a prop or two.

In fact the Hobbit marketing seems to be composed of a series of stock shots of the same four or five scenes all the time, put on a loop...

BloodBoal, you weren't really clear enough there. Could you just expand a bit on your reasoning, because I'm just dying to know. I'm on the edge of my seat, wondering why and how you approach movies.

Bloodboal, I don't understand why actively avoid even listen to a few seconds of Shore's score, but devour every new picture, trailer, and commercial that pops up and ponder on how it relates to the story and how it will be adapted for the film, including analyzing what others say about the score to predict how the film will unfold. Seems contradictory to do all that while actively avoiding listening to the score.

Yeah.

One day, he'll comoe across a TV spot that accidentally has some original Shore music in it. He'll be scarred for life.

You'll have to wait until next December for the second part!

December 2013 I hope.

I liked the new spot although some of the goblin CGI is still worrying me. And it seems like the Bunnies of Doom will be getting a lot of screen time.

And for the conversation above me, I'd just like to add that I'm 90% sure that BloodBoal will be disappointed with the film, consequently giving us a massive dissertation on its many "flaws" (which will be little more than nitpicking details). And I'm 75% sure that BB will find something wrong in the score as well.

There'll always be something to pick on for the Messenger!

they had to include tauriel... come on.. :P

You said the Bunnies move correctly. Apparently. So far. And who knows about the other animals...

in the new shot im not so sure...

the hedgehog does not look totally convincing...

If the eagles have improved, they will be almost photorealistic.

I've been thinking about those rumours of the "Nazgul tombs". You'd think at the mention of Nazgul tombs, you'd hear hints of the Nazgul material in the score. But I don't recall any reference to the Ringwraiths in the music. Could it be these rumours were false?

- KK, clinging on to desperate hopes...

Fixed.

I've been thinking about those rumours of the "Nazgul tombs". You'd think at the mention of Nazgul tombs, you'd hear hints of the Nazgul material in the score. But I don't recall any reference to the Ringwraiths in the music. Could it be these rumours were false?

- KK, clinging on to desperate hopes...

I think this whole "Nazgûl tombs" business was just badly worded. Maybe it's some sort of "prison" for the Nazgûl, and the guy who described what he saw at Comic-Con just used the word "tomb" instead. I think that's (highly) probable. But I'm almost 90% they appear in the film.

Let's hope that's the case. Although if Ringwraiths are involved, they don't seem to appear in the music.

Let's just hope that was a big misunderstanding. Tombs, prisons, all things involving those and Ringwraiths really sound rather strange and contrary to Tolkien's writings. I am ok with Gandalf and others speculating whether the evil in Dol Guldur might be one of the Ringwraiths but this tomb/prison business is very odd deviation from the plot as I have said quite a few times before. The music doesn't have much clues about the Nazgûl either.

They complained that The Hobbit was too dark?

And emphasis on PJ comedy is rarely a good thing unfortunately...

- KK, whose amused by the recent attack of the trolls

Well if this comedy relates to slap stick, fart and feces jokes and fat people being fat then I can't see this being anything but a hoot. Obviously Gandalf will be an old funny drunkard, who has time to save the world in the midst of carousing.

"He's the guy who likes a smoke, a drink and a joke, McKellen told Reader's Digest. And he likes going down to Hobbiton and hanging out with those he adores. There's an emphasis in this film on comedy"

Maybe the film will start as a drunken road trip and end up in Hangover type situation, where the characters try to piece together their adventures after nights of heavy drinking.

Hangover the Misty Mountains Cold...

When is the premiere when it says "10 days to go"?

28th of November in Wellington, NZ.

For some reason the premiere is here in Scandinavia and few selected countries on the 12th of December instead of the 13th or 14th as almost everywhere else.

I was positively surprised they're equipped for 48hz. And also that they have a screening that early. I just hope my soundtrack CD arrives in time so I can listen to it afterwards.

You little... That was a trap! Thank god my computer's sound was turned off.

Well played, though. Well played...

LOOOOOL

Now i get it

ROTFLMAO

McKellen probably wants to put the whole wretched affair behind him.

Well, I assume he'll be part of the "now we are doing 3 films!" reshoots next summer. Maybe PJ will listen to his complaints and use less green screen for the reshoots