The good news is we will eventually have fan edit "book cuts" that cut out the random side stories and will be incredibly enjoyable to watch I do think. They've certainly assembled a top notch cast and production team anyway.

This will be nothing like the prequels. It will be like an actual film with screw ups. Not a completely unbearable mess where everything is wrong.

That said, I'm half panicking. It's the general reaction I've had to the thought of this film for the last couple of days.

It's what we've been waiting for...The Production Video to Rule them All!

I know we've all been bickering and moping about this film, but I like the few shots this video shows. And the troll scene looks like its going to be awesome!

Oh, and anyone else think the Department of Internal Beard Hairs is cool? ;)

- KK

Oh, and anyone else think the Department of Internal Beard Hairs is cool? ;)

- KK

They could have done more! ;)

But yes it was a cool production video although it did not allay my fears that much.

But yes it was a cool production video although it did not allay my fears that much.

Sadly, my fears remain as well. But it was nice seeing some of the bright side of this whole affair.

It was great to see the post production process and all the familiar LotR crew faces. And of course a glimpse of the recording sessions with Howard Shore. :)

Hey Gino Acevedo, the make-up artist from the LotR trilogy appeared for a short moment. I didn't know he was working on this trilogy as well. But he has apparently moved to the Weta Digital as he seem to be in a special effects meeting.

haha, that production video was hilarious and very very interesting.

"that's the goblinmobile right there"

"it's exactly the same car my grandmother has"

looooooool

Come on, guys. Stop worrying so much!

Complain when we have actually seen the film.

+111111111101010101010101010010101010101010101

OK, I just played the video, and it starts with Radgy talking to a CGI bird... Hum... And KK calls this "The Production Video to Rule Them All"? He has lower standards than I thought.

Oh, and the guys at the Department of Internal Beard Hairs have even longer beards than the Dwarves... OK...

CAN'T YOU JUST.... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO... I DON'T EVEN....

can you say at least one thing you actually liked from that production video? jesus christ...

OK, I just played the video, and it starts with Radgy talking to a CGI bird... Hum... And KK calls this "The Production Video to Rule Them All"? He has lower standards than I thought.

Judge not, by the opening seconds. Judge by the whole!

Oh, and the guys at the Department of Internal Beard Hairs have even longer beards than the Dwarves... OK...

Obviously they didn't want their manhood usurped by a bunch of dwarves...so they convinced PJ and the design team to make sure the dwarves have shorter beards!

BB, people don't tend to reveal ulterior motives to those they select to carry them out, lest they complain at being manipulated.

Fucking phone. Again I thought I was replying to a post on the most recent page.

CAN'T YOU JUST.... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO... I DON'T EVEN....

can you say at least one thing you actually liked from that production video? jesus christ...

ROTFLMAO

I mean look at these glorious designs! Absolutely fabulous for a night of stomach turning fun! :D

_1348694143.jpg

Trailer1Goblins7b.jpg

The_Great_Goblin.jpg

Also at what point did Goblins (Orcs) turn into these nearly human looking monstrosities? All the Goblins in the Hobbit save Bolg and Fimbul seem to have this skin colour, which is really odd considering most of the varities in LotR were of grey, black and greenish sort. Except for the Great Goblin's distant cousin Gothmog "The Elephant Man".

Because Fimbul and Bolg are Orcs (and so were the creatures we so in LOTR), while the rest are, as you said, Goblins.

Tolkien didn't seem to make a distinction between the two terms and used them interchangeably, but Jackson decided to create two different races for each term.

Yes that has to be the reason as Tolkien indeed used them interchangeably. Jackson is a funny fellow always ready for some disgusting character creation.

Hehe. Well I guess it was too good to be true...it is a PJ film after all.

At least some the guys working on it will finally get some sleep.

I hate how most of you are getting the film Dec. 13. We're not getting it till Dec. 14. I already booked my tickets for the midnight screening of the 13th though.

Just noticed I passed my 3000th post! :woop:

I hate how most of you are getting the film Dec. 13. We're not getting it till Dec. 14. I already booked my tickets for the midnight screen of the 13th though.

Shut the fuck up. I won't see it until the 23rd.

Loot at me! I'm KK! I'm a sad Kanadian! So, so sad because I have to wait one day more to watch The Hobbit! Boohoo!

but you CAN see it on the 12th/whatever, can't you? but you choose to wait for some reason.

I hate how most of you are getting the film Dec. 13. We're not getting it till Dec. 14. I already booked my tickets for the midnight screen of the 13th though.

Dec. 12.

:thumbup:

Dec. 12.

Midnight showing? Because in that case, it'll be Dec. 13 for me.

Loot at me! I'm KK! I'm a sad Kanadian! So, so sad because I have to wait one day more to watch The Hobbit! Boohoo!

SadCanada.jpg

Dec. 12.

Midnight showing? Because in that case, it'll be Dec. 12 for me.

Nah, 20:00. I'd hoped for a midnight premiere (they did them with the LOTRs), but the earliest screening is at 12:00 (noon). I can wait the extra 8 hours to see it at a decent time for movies (also less hassle with work schedules, and easier to arrange with friends).