I was thinking that the images on the EE sets might have been removable and glad to see it (possibly) confirmed! They didn't have the problem of needing to distinguish different formats back in the LOTR EE days. Now they have 3DBD, BD and DVD. Got to make it easy for Joe Public to pick the right one :)

Ok, lets talk Disc splits, where do you think the Disc split will be?

Disc 1 end: "You are not the only guardian to watch over middle earth"
Disc 2 open: Weathertop scene

or

Disc 1 end: Weathertop scene
Disc 2 open: White Council?

or somewhere else?

I didn't notice anything different compared to the Rivendell scenes already in the movie

Oh hey, the scene's on youtube now

I can hear Bilbo's theme playing there in my head. Why does Jackson make every stupid mistake possible with the music in these films?

By the way, the Shire theme used there is the statement heard when Gandalf reminds Bilbo of Bullroarer Took in Bag End, which is in itself a reuse of "Very Old Friends" from FotR,

What a mess.

And now here is the japanese version, which is way closer to the look of the LOTR EEs!

tumblr_mqtfhohFOb1snrif5o5_500.jpg

Oh that looks cool and really fits in with the LotR EE's almost perfectly down to the disc design. I'd get that version in a heartbeat if it became available here.

That's the version I want!

Previs ...?

I wouldn't be worried about Previs, I would be worried about the fact that no Howard Shore featurette is listed, just "A look at the realization of Tolkien's songs in An Unexpected Journey".

Also, why isn't Fran Walsh in the audio commentary as well? She did co-write, didn't she?

Well, yes, but the LotR featurettes were twice as long, and that vid pales compared to the features on the LotR EEs.

But then, what on this production doesn't ....

It contained just about as much unreleased music as the LOTR ones did (actually more)

Besides, a book is much better than a featurette/interview.

Well yes, but in this case, I want a good documentary about the score. Like in TTT when Howard explains a bit about each central theme in the score, with comments from crew members and also Jackson.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but once again I get that feeling of carelessness on part of the film makers.

Hey as long as it has motion menus (*spit* hideous Theatrical "special" edition DVD), with Shore music, I will be happy.

It may be a Warner Bros/MGM, vs, New Line thing..

Is there a red headed elf in Tolkien stories?

Nope

Actually three of the sons of Feanor had auburn hair: Maedhros and the twins Amrod and Amras. This was of course very rare among elves.

And these characters appear only in Silmarillion and the History of Middle Earth papers. LotR or the Hobbit make no mention of red headed elves.

Indeed this has just become a bitch and whine thread.

Actually three of the sons of Feanor had auburn hair: Maedhros and the twins Amrod and Amras. This was of course very rare among elves.

And these characters appear only in Silmarillion and the History of Middle Earth papers. LotR nor the Hobbit make no mention of red headed elves.

It's because red heads are special!

You are always saying how a pure love fest is boring in any topic. You should be the foil to the whining people in this thread then. Praise and glorify the Hobbit to your heart's content in turn! Perhaps your unabashed enthusiasm for the new film will change the attitudes of some people here.

I agree with Lee. All i read here is how PJ screwed up and how everything sucks.

So start countering this stuff with serious praise and positive attitude and be quick about it!

I mentioned loving Tauriel's look several tones. But i get heckled and bashed here.

Maked me feel unwanted, unloved.

I cry myself asleep at night.

There there. I liked Tauriel's design too although there were a few images where she did look like Link. I have no issues with her look(s). Let's see what they will do with the character in the film though.

Gkgyver has the masturbatory fawning covered, in general. Sure he moans a bit here and there, but it's a good pain.

Whereas you prefer to criticise people for not liking the new material and thus stating your affection for the film in a more reserved manner.

Since I don't know who or what a Link is, I honestly dont care.

As for her character, well we will ahve to see. But people bitch more about Tauriel before ever having seen the character then they did about Arwen, who has little reason to be in 95% of her scenes in LOTR if Tolkiens'original book is any indication.

Gkgyver has the masturbatory fawning covered, in general. Sure he moans a bit here and there, but it's a good pain.

Whereas you prefer to criticise people for not liking the new material and thus stating your affection for the film in a more reserved manner.

You know me Incy, the epitome of reservation.

I applaud the fine and rarified subtlety of your expression. You are indeed a model of a British gentleman from top to toe.