The Official 1977 Star Wars On Disc 2 Thread.

A24

finally someone answered the question then, thanks Alex.

Joe, confused why Alex would buy this, knowing that while we often disagree, I have always considered  

Alex to be a very smart individ...

I answered it yesterday.

LucasFilm announced it 4 months ago.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the opening titles for Star Wars for this DVD set was the same one they used for Empire Of Dreams.  I compared the two and they were exactly the same.

It's a different transfer, though. I've seen some side-by-side screenshots, and the one on the new DVD doesn't have as much color bleeding. Empire of Dreams is anamorphic widescreen, though.

Isn't it true that the small mistakes in the films (visible matte lines, boxes around vehicles, ect.) are being corrected for these new DVD's?

No. Having bought the set (call me what you will), the matte lines are still there. They don't bother me though.

It's a different transfer, though. I've seen some side-by-side screenshots, and the one on the new DVD doesn't have as much color bleeding. Empire of Dreams is anamorphic widescreen, though.

Intresting... you know it really makes you wonder if Lucas really does have a restored pristine copy of the Original Unaltered Trilogy in anamorphic widescreen and with a good audio mix in his 'vault'...

All of the first discs (aka Special Editions) are still the same 2004 sets, nothing has been corrected. I think these are just left over discs that didn't sell and that's why they slapped them with this release. Though, I suspect they'll correct everything for next years box set.

Consider this,if you will:

1.The less than stellar cover art for the set.

2.The fact that the movies are only available seperately and not in a nice box set ,which immediately goes to...

3.....Without the box set there's really no need to trot out the "extras" disc..again....

4.The fact that all the movies are priced closer to $20 than anything

5.The fact that the OOT movies are brushed off as "bonus material"

6.The obviously below current standards at which the OOT are presented

7.Yet another chance to "improve" the OT

The above perfectly illustrates Lucas' contempt and disdain not only for the original movies but for the fans

who put him in the cat bird seat to begin with.Like most everyone else who's achieved a lofty position,he's simply lost touch

with the thing that propelled him to make movies in the first place.It's called boredom and basically,when you're bored,you just don't care anymore.

You simply trot out the same old thing and disappear under a pile of money.