Inchon Fun

Lurker

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my copy and don't forget tonite Intrada announces another title at 5:00pm pacific time.

But I'm pretty sure no one here will care, it's probably Elmer Bernstein.

I don't think i'll be funny when they release Family Plot and someone here misses it because it wass on sale for only 1 hour.

K.M.

You gotta stay on top of these things.

When someone announces they will announce a title you need to know when and where.

I didn't know Inchon was that famous and demanded among film music fans...

I got my copy and don't forget tonite Intrada announces another title at 5:00pm pacific time.

But I'm pretty sure no one here will care, it's probably Elmer Bernstein.

But I'm sure it will sell out quickly this time after all the Inchon thing.

I'm buying 10 of the damn things.

What for? The music is the same in all the CDs, as far as I know.

You are a missing the point.

robthehand, if it is Spacecamp I'll buy a copy for you and sell it to you at the same price +shipping....:|

SpaceCamp...hmmm... were the masters previously thought to be lost? And isn't supposed to be a Golden- and Silver-Age composer? And wasnt it supposed to be written in the '70s? Saturn 3 would probably fit the first catergory, definitely the second, and quite possibly the third (the film was released in Feb 1980). I don't see SpaceCamp falling into those catergories, sadly.

Whatever it is, even if I miss it Intrada, I'm sure it won't sell out there and at SAE in 5-6 hours..... will it?

- Rob, who just noticed that the story of Saturn 3 was written by a certain John Barry. :|

So opinions on this score? I just listened to it for the first time today and I think it's really good.

Certainly no retread of Patton.

It has some of that 'religious sound' Goldsmith used in other scores of that period, the percussive action music is very vibrant. One of the themes reminds me of Horners main theme to Clear & Present Danger. :D

The booklet states that this score was recorded in a winecellar under a church, And listening to it I really don't doubt it.

It's sounds rough and uncouth, like an Australian who's been in the Outback for six months and hasn't washed.

There isn't a single trace of anything resembling reverb in this recording.

The sound on this is the closest thing I've ever heard to the recording of the original Star Wars score (but without the processing on the 1997 SE), that same "directness". It's not poloshed, and it's not always pretty, but you can actually feel the ambience of the studio...eeehhh...winecellar.

Recent scores (like X-Men 3, or Superman Returns) lack this quality.

And I can't say I dislike it

Heh, I'm glad I got mine when it was in print - put it this way, I paid about £16 GBP including postage, and two just sold on eBay - the first for £72.63, the second for £75.50 GBP. 8O

£75.50 GBP is about $140 USD - I've never seen anyone pay that much for a CD on eBay before. There must be some filthy-rich Goldsmith fans out there.