Question about "Revenge of the Sith"

Josh500

This tracks has got to be one of the most stunning and spectacular pieces JW has ever written! Pity you can barely hear it in the movie. The track on the OS is obviously heavily edited, but I was wondering about the music from 5:20 point onwards. Where does it go in the movie? Is it just a concert version? Or an alternative cue? Seems to me it hasn't been written with any particular scene in mind, but then you never know with Star Wars music. Perhaps it was intended for a scene and George Lucas just nixed it!

My favorite part still has to be from 3:14 onwards until the buzz droids appearance at 4:05!!! This section truly rocks! I must have listened to it at least a hundred times by now!!!

:sigh:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o ya basically the main titles. ya i was wondering were the 2nd part was in the movie two. i was thinking at the end but it sounds a little different

I was wondering about the music from 5:20 point onwards.
I think that is "The Elevator Scene". It was written for that scene, but not used in the final film. Shame, it's good music. I personally think that music would have gone very well with Grievous' flagship crashing down on Coruscant.

This tracks has got to be one of the most stunning and spectacular pieces JW has ever written! Pity you can barely hear it in the movie. The track on the OS is obviously heavily edited, but I was wondering about the music from 5:20 point onwards. Where does it go in the movie? Is it just a concert version? Or an alternative cue? Seems to me it hasn't been written with any particular scene in mind, but then you never know with Star Wars music. Perhaps it was intended for a scene and George Lucas just nixed it!  

My favorite part still has to be from 3:14 onwards until the buzz droids appearance at 4:05!!! This section truly rocks! I must have listened to it at least a hundred times by now!!!

:sigh:

do you need the complete film version?

K.M.

Check your PM's

Anyways the piece has a few extended segments not on the OST and that Rebel Fanfare statement near the end.Obviously you haven't been following that a lot of unreleased Revenge of the Sith music has appeared in very good quality in video games.

KM.

King Mark, I'd like to have access to it too if you agree. I have begun to work on the DVD-Rip and any new material that can help me is welcome.

I have been able to edit the film version of the opening sequence nearly without sfx, I have only 10 seconds of sfx at the very end of the track, but if someone made the same job and a better one, I am interested.

Thanks in advance.

There's several edits you can make.I had one that incorporated more of the War drums like in the film but it was made with lesser quality game files so I'm sending this one now.Vosk did this very edit actually.

Personally I like to include the unused fanfare before the force theme just after the main titles,EVEN if I add the war drums.I won't sacrifice INTENDED music just to have the film edit.The ending in the film is different but I don't like to use DVD rips with sound effects if possible.This is a case where I'd rather use a sfx free alternate.

Check your PM's JWfan girl.

K.M.

Personally I like to include the unused fanfare before the force theme just after the main titles,EVEN if I add the war drums.I won't sacrifice INTENDED music just to have the film edit.The ending in the film is different but I don't like to use DVD rips with sound effects if possible.This is a case where I'd rather use a sfx free alternate.  

Way to go :)