JW Software

Treat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's worked all his life without a computer!

That exactly proves the point that he doesn't need to use or start using computers. He is perfectly just as good without one.

Well I believe Finale is used to engrave his music for recording, or at least thats what finale sort of says. The advertisement says that it was used to "compose the music for popular films such as ...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

Well I believe Finale is used to engrave his music for recording, or at least thats what finale sort of says.  The advertisement says that it was used to "compose the music for popular films such as ...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

It might be used by the copying personel, but not by Williams.

I doubt Williams even knows how to use a computer.

I get that impression as well. But by God if I can teach my mom how to use the internet there's hope for Williams.

Who do you think Williams consults when he want to use some synths in his scores? I know he used some synths in Phantom Menace to bring out the woodwinds a bit, and some other scores like Heartbeeps.

Who do you think Williams consults when he want to use some synths in his scores? I know he used some synths in Phantom Menace to bring out the woodwinds a bit, and some other scores like Heartbeeps.

He also used some synth sounds on AI, Nixon.

I just can't picture Williams clicking away in front of a screen

In the case of John Williams, engraving in Finale is the orchestrators' job. Some composers like to work directly in an engraving program, but the perks of working that way aren't huge--especially if you've got one or more underlings hired to engrave all your work. ;)