Anyone watching Heroes?

JoeinAR

Niki was actually interesting this time. The whole pained look act and the annoying "don't-take-my-baby" story that came before were really just, well, annoying. Good stuff this time.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheerleader story kind of lost steam though. I find the whole "be my friend again" theme to be kind of annoying. Ditch the nerd!

Justin

Does anyone (besides me) think that the name Claire is a reference to The Breakfast Club?

Their characters are pretty similar.

I still get the impression the show is going in circles.It still grabs my attention but I don't expect it to last very long.Now we have the "nuclear explosion" hook to keep us watching,but if they resolve it as lamely as the Save the Cheerleader,Save the World thing then it is doomed.

K.M.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World wasn't resolved lamely.

OMG we actually agree, the Save the Cheerleader part was handled well, the part that KM foolishly posts about is they've yet to save the world.

Do you even watch the show KM, or are you watching it enhanced.

Mako would have been another good choice.

Mako is dead, Joe.

A very sad day when I heard that. But on topic,

*spoiler*

Nathan is Claire's father.....wow.

I write a TV blog and I made that prediction about three hours before the show aired where I live. I didn't see anyone else making that prediction, and I was shocked and excited that I got it right.

The fact that they wouldn't show his face gave it away that we know who he is. And Nathan is the only guy on the show that would be old enough to have a 16-year-old daughter.

I'm loving the possibilities. They could be the Incredibles!

Or just a really kick-ass super family.

I like it that all the characters are beginning to connect to each other. This show just keeps getting better.

Rabbit--who really likes Christopher Eccleston's character

ok, has anyone else come to the conclusion that when Peter was near silar, he took on silars powers which was to absorb other powers, that is why Peter can still heal spontaneously, and do other things.

Its possible, but debatable. Peter constantly seems to teeter on the brink of insanity and/or villainy, and his contact with Sylar probably is not helping that.

• 3 weeks later...

Last nights 17th episode was by far the best of the best, absolutely great.

The scene of Clair trying to give the injection while being burned alive was terrific.

all the revelations,

and Im not so sure that we've finished with save the cheerleader, save the world yet.

I conur. Best episode of the series so far. I'm not sure that "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" will ever end. Claire's life could be in danger consistently as the show goes on.

I like how the writers are bold enough to drop all the main characters to focus solely on bunch of them for an episode (they've done this before). I think there are two reasons for this: one is obviously to delay developing the others' plot, but the other one I like the best - I guess they want to make the episode a coherent and as less fragmented as possible. And it does wonders with the pacing. Very nice, Mr Kring.

-Ross, who, on the other hand, wouldn't like the show to go on a basis of "A Very Special Heroes" episodes.

Last night's episode was awesome. I can't wait for the final batch.

I concur. I'm I the only one who loved Malcom McDowell's cameo?

I don't know, but I think that too much of Linderman is a bad thing. I was pretty suprised when I realized that the ruthless gangster was just a kindly old man.

I think that the fact that this thread is so alive and bumped every week while Lost's is somewhere between pages 3-5 to be depressingly significant.

I'm still watching Lost every week, and I think it's picking up. But that show has unfortunately plummeted from its mighty awesomeness of its first season, to a slooooow show, that is frustrating to watch on a week-by-week basis. Flashbacks offer few new things, and the island story is still moving at a snail's pace. Still, season two didn't really get cooking until Henry Gale was introduced in episode 14 either. There were some good episodes before that, though (more than S3 has had so far), and it had an amazing three-part season opening arc.

I firmly believe the mini-season has done more harm than good, giving us far too much time to mull over how slowly the show is moving along. It would be best if they set a firm end date, even if it were one that's still two years away. At least it'd give them something to properly build towards.

Heroes, however, as new kid on the block, has not as much anticipation to live up to, and added to that, seems to have a much clearer structure building towards the season's endgame. And a much more efficient way of getting there as well.

Also, how could you not love Hiro?

FRYING MAN!

Hey, I am as much a fan of Lost as you'll find. I'm one of the few who still defend the show and its pace. But episodes like "Stranger in a Strange Land" do get surprisingly close to insulting the viewer's intelligence.

I'm still watching Lost every week, and I think it's picking up. But that show has unfortunately plummeted from its mighty awesomeness of its first season, to a slooooow show, that is frustrating to watch on a week-by-week basis. Flashbacks offer few new things, and the island story is still moving at a snail's pace. Still, season two didn't really get cooking until Henry Gale was introduced in episode 14 either. There were some good episodes before that, though (more than S3 has had so far), and it had an amazing three-part season opening arc.

I firmly believe the mini-season has done more harm than good, giving us far too much time to mull over how slowly the show is moving along. It would be best if they set a firm end date, even if it were one that's still two years away. At least it'd give them something to properly build towards.

Heroes, however, as new kid on the block, has not as much anticipation to live up to, and added to that, seems to have a much clearer structure building towards the season's endgame. And a much more efficient way of getting there as well.

Also, how could you not love Hiro?

FRYING MAN!

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. Only that the S2 picked up at episode 13 and not 14, but we can discuss that when the Lost thread gets bumped again.

I also think that Heroes is greatly benefitted from having a self-conclusive season á la24 (and even that season has been divided into 3 blocks of questions-answers). It doesn't drag its questions forever.

I still like Lost, and I still watch it every week. But it has been one-upped by Heroes.

If the Lost writers know whats good for them, they will start answering some questions.

• 1 month later...

Reminder that Heroes returns tonight for its final run to the end of the season. Got to set my computer to record it.