Anyone watching Heroes?

JoeinAR

I thought it was a good finale. Not fantastic, but there needs to be a reason to keep watching the show. I think Peter's alive for sure; his "epic battle" is still to come I reckon. I can't see why Nathan didn't just take Peter up as far as he could and then leave him, flying away to safety while Peter falls to the earth and explodes half-way there. Or fly him somewhere it would be safe to explode and let go. Then again, we didn't see what happened so that could easily be it.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red is correct, Peter couldn't fly because he was focusing all his energy and powers to keep himself from exploding.

If this is indeed the explanation, I think it wasn't very well executed in terms of writing. It's lacking something, there wasn't anything before that could have pointed to an explanation like that: in the past episodes, we saw Peter always succeeding in managing his new powers. It would have been more acceptable if the fight between him and Sylar provoked some serious consequences to some of his powers. Instead, we just saw him giving punches to Sylar and not much else.

The creators were saying that the finale was worth of a 90-million dollars blockbuster. Well, talk about hype... :)

Well Ted was always essentially a ticking time bomb waiting to go off with his anger. When Peter absorbed Ted's power, I believe he also absorbed how he felt too when Ted used his powers.

I'm sure if you absorbed that kind of power you too would have a very hard time keeping that one under control, especially when it could go off so easily.

Peter finishing Sylar in a big fight at this point? I'm glad they didn't make it play out like that, as I don't think it would be believeable at all. Peter is just beginning to gain control over the powers he already knows, but Sylar has plenty he hasn't even tried yet. It's too early for him to be that kind of Über-hero.

Agreed. I think that all season the giant battle was being overly hyped, so much so that even if it was big, it still wouldn't have been up to our (some) expectations.

• 3 months later...

I saw the finale of the show just now. I agree with KM about the lousy writing, and overall, I think it's a letdown. Not that I thought the series was that good in the first place, but the finale was rather anti-climactic. Very slow-moving too. Not at all as expected from the various threads throughout the season.

The explanation that Peter didn't fly himself is just silly.

About the gun: I thought Peter had said to the girl to shoot him in the back of the head, where he can't heal unless the bullet is removed. So that would have made sense. It would have made better sense just to shoot him to knock him out for a few seconds (after which he would heal). Logically, the power problem would go away since it's just his lack of control.

Also, it's pretty lame that Sylar survived. He's a good character, but was getting obnoxious. There's a whole build-up to his killing and then he just survives?

Also, why doesn't he stop Hiro? Did Hiro run towards him while stopping time perhaps? Well, that would be not really clear from the filming then.

Also, everybody agrees that he's extremely dangerous. So they just stab him and leave him? Huh? Would somebody like finish him for good? Like chop off his head? Whatever? I'm usually very tolerant when it comes to these things but that was really lame.

Two good things were the mention of a that person worse than Sylar, and the volume 2 section with the eclipse. But I don't think I'll be back for season 2 just for that. I couldn't survive more scenes with Niki/Jessica and her family, Sylar, or pointless running around in NY or Vegas with illogical plotholes.

I've lost most of my steam where Heroes is concerned, after this long summer without it. I'll probably start watching again when it comes back, but I don't know if it'll sustain my interest.

Ray Barnsbury

If you saw the previews for season 2 last night, you're probably not going to be excited, unless you were going to be there for the premiere anyway. But everyone is getting new storylines, which is a chance to get the doubters and virgins on board, and a way to make sure the whole exploding man plot ends for good.

I didn't record last night's episode, but I swear I saw Nathan Petrelli. WTF?

Nathan Petrelli didn't die, he flew his brother up into the air and then dropped him and flew off.

then he flew back and got Peter because we know that Peter would survive the explosion thats how both will return this coming season.

Keep in mind gents that Heroes returns September 24th at 9/8pm Centeral. I am looking forward to the second season. Hopefully Peter and Nathan aren't dead but knowing a show like this they more than likely are not.

I'm excited for it, as the finale didn't really underwhelm me like it did some.

I wouldn't say that I was underwhelmed by the finale as a whole but just the fight between Sylar and Peter was disappointing. Especially when a few episodes before that when it showed them in the future and you can tell they were duking it out big time in that hallway.

Lost doesn't come back until February.

Nathan and Peter aren't dead, but I heard through the grapevine that some other key cast members are.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like she can makes people's brains explode from the inside or something

I was more curious about what the hell happened to Peter and Nathan,and who killed Mr Sulu

I was more curious about what the hell happened to Peter and Nathan,and who killed Mr Sulu

Yes, those are more interesting questions actually. By the way, I just want to say that Mrs. Petrelli is a huge bi-atch!

Ray Barnsbury

I thought it was a great premiere. It raised a lot of intriguing questions that I look forward to see explored in the season. I definitely wasn't expecting Nakamura Sn. to be killed.

Hayden Panetierre was on Letterman a few weeks ago.He asked some seemingly serious questions like he was a fan of the show,then ended with "so do you think your ever going to get off the island?"

I caught some random episode one weekend, and had to say I was thoroughly confused. I think it more that the show tries to follow too many characters at once rather than the fact that I've never watched the show before.

Funny, that's how I feel about LOST at times.

At least LOST covers 1 character at a time in great depth and detail. True, it is confusing if you've never seen it before, but it's easy to follow, with two amazing writers and some kick-ass music.

Liked tonight's episode. I'm really getting into the backstory/mystery plotline, with that ubiquitous symbol scrawled over the photos of the "original" heroes or whatever they are, and the person trying to kill them all off. Peter and Claire's plotlines are interesting too, just as they were the ones I enjoyed following the most last season (and Hiro's, to an extent - the cherry blossom visuals were gorgeous in HD!) I have to say though, I don't miss Nikki/Jessica at all, though she'll be back soon according to the previews. Oh, and that Latino girl's power is seriously disturbing. ;)

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah, the eye bleeding thing was sick. Heroes has always been a show that has pushed the violence envelope, but that along with the toe cutting was maybe a bit too far.

The toe bit was definitely cringe-inducing. And I'm not sure you could really cut off your toe with a pair of scissors.

As a side note for those familiar with both shows, the kid at Claire's school this season who flies played Jan's assistant Hunter last season on The Office.

Ray Barnsbury

Peter is...Darth Vader?

Haha yeah. I thought the same thing.

Overall, this was sort of a filler episode, nothing too interesting happened (but Claire Bear got some, woot!) The Ando-reading-Hiro's-messages device to quickly advance the ancient Japan storyline was kinda lame. And did anyone else think the CGI backgrounds were integrated really poorly? Both at the beach with Sylar and in Japan when the white guy was about to fight that big crowd, the backgrounds didn't match the lighting on the characters. It looked terrible.

Oh, and I doubled over in a fit of hysterics when the show abruptly cut to Nikki and Micah in one of their classic overdramatic/ridiculous dialogue scenes. "We're a FAMILY, Micah! But I have to GO! *sob*"

Ray Barnsbury

I liked the episode, but I'm pissed that Sylar had to kill Candice (the girl he was with). A complete waste of the character, one that was steadily growing in the last half of season 1.

The upside is that Sylar didn't get her power.

It would have been quite lame if Silar got her power and did exactly what he did last season.He's still exactly the same evil Silar but with no power

At this point I'm waiting for someone to come and off him for good. I'll probably get over it, but I starting to really hate (in a somewhat good and bad way) the character.

Yeah, he either needs to die or get interesting. He's been pretty one-dimensional the whole time, aside from seeing him as Gabriel last season, and the episode with his mom.

Ray Barnsbury

• 4 weeks later...

From another thread:

I still watch Heroes regularly, but it's more fun to laugh at than anything else. Entertainment Weekly recently had a spot-on article about the show's creative decline. I especially like the comment about Matt and Suresh, who are basically TV's latest gay couple.

Ray Barnsbury

Well-put article, but the latest episode seems to be turning this around.

The ending was interesting, and the promo for next week looks pretty bitchin'. Looks like we're back to saving the world. Yay! :)

From another thread:
I still watch Heroes regularly, but it's more fun to laugh at than anything else. Entertainment Weekly recently had a spot-on article about the show's creative decline. I especially like the comment about Matt and Suresh, who are basically TV's latest gay couple.

Ray Barnsbury

Well-put article, but the latest episode seems to be turning this around.

The ending was interesting, and the promo for next week looks pretty bitchin'. Looks like we're back to saving the world. Yay! :)

I hope so, because the last few episodes have been almost unbearable. My friends and I have done nothing but laugh at how ludicrous the show has become.