Poltergeist - 25th Anniversary

Faceman

Al wrote:

In my opinion, you got off rather lightly, I would have called you far worse.

HA!!!! I'm loving the kind nature of the forum already!! Such warm greetings....thanks!! :thumbup:

As for the Poltergeist score, I still agree that I hope it does get the re-release that Faceman is hoping for. I won't personally buy it, but for big-time Goldsmith fans they'll love it, so I hope it comes to fruition.

Shoes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still agree that I hope it does get the re-release that Faceman is hoping for. I won't personally buy it, but for big-time Goldsmith fans they'll love it, so I hope it comes to fruition.

Yes, let's hope so!! :)

I've rarely heard anyway horns that sound like the ones recorded for Poltergeist, it's really unique imho. Other producers would have muffled them a little further into the mix, but on the Rhino it's really in your face. I really love the sound presence of the score...the texture Goldsmith brought, it's unique yeah.

The hiss isn't annoying, for me hiss isn't a "bad thing per so" as I wouldn't want the recording quality to be diminished only to diminish the hiss.

Stefancos wrote:

Every post I've read here proves this!  

There IS acounting for taste and you don't have any!

Wow! I guess it proves that almost 20,000 posts doesn't tame someone from making simpleton remarks. Thank you for writing such an intelligent and inspired response though....truly appreciated! And it also seems very mature that after we decided to get back on the topic of Poltergeist in this thread, you wanted to go back to 2-sentence mudslinging. Very nice to make your acquaintance, too, Stefancos! In the few days I've been here on this board I've noticed some very well-rounded, thoughtful, normal people....and also a few hotheads who like to spout out profanity and quick put-downs if somone doesn't agree with them.... Stefancos, even if 99% of what you post is thoughtful and intelligent, it's short, stupid remarks like this that truly define what your character is. If you've got something against me, PM me, or send me a private email.... or if it makes you feel smarter, then keep posting them in the middle of threads: Your choice.

Here's to hoping that we can actually talk and disscuss maturely in the future! ;)

robthehand wrote:

You've been here a day already, Shoes, it worries me that you still take Steef's comments personally.

;) Sorry...I guess I haven't read enough of his posts yet to get it....give me time - I'll take it all in stride...

You've been here a day already, Shoes, it worries me that you still take Steef's comments personally. ;)

What is that supposed to mean/

Anyone who vcalls Jaws just a ripp-off deserves whatever scolding they get.

I don't waste my time debating with people like that, or try to make them see they light...

I'd rather smash their skulls with a sledge hammer and set fire to their corpses.

Welcome to my JWFAN.NET!

Oh for goodness sake!!... red_rabbit stick your "Hook" in me, please!... I think I am going to walk around barefoot from now on! because these "Shoes" are driving me nuts!! ;)