The Track Name Game.

Lord Gibson

A friend (and fellow board member) and I have a game that we play, which consists of one of us must hum a few bars of a movie score track, and the other must identify the name of the piece. The object of the game is to stump the other player, giving the one with the most correct answers bragging rights.

Soooooo I thought it would be interesting to see how this game (with a few adjustments, since no one can be heard humming a tune) can be played with a large group, over a long period of time. I invite everyone to participate, to play by the rules and to have fun putting your otherwise useless knowledge about film music to the test.

Here are a few simple rules on how to play:

-A NAME of a track from a movie score compilation will be offered. It doesn’t have to exclusively be by JW (let’s not be too closed-minded towards other composers)

-The first one to Name correctly the movie from which it came from, and it’s credited composer, will take the next turn offering a different track name, and so on. For example I would say “Journey to the Island” and the correct answer is: JURASSIC PARK by John Williams. J

-Try not to be too obvious, stay away from tracks with a strong clue in the name towards the answer. But a hint can be offered if too hard.

-The message board members can be judge and jury as to a disputed “correct answer”. (This should be interesting).

-Any other rules that need to be laid out can be posted as the issues arise, and will be made official after two different board members agree with the original posted rule.

-Speed is important, so, first come; first serve (you get the idea).

Lets get started, shall we? The first track name is…

“Chasing Rockets”

Hint: think icon.

Have fun!

:)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest we limit this to Williams tracks,there are plenty of "baffling"choices.

K.M.who knew Gloria was from Monsignor,and belongs in my top 30 Williams cue.

I suggest we limit this to Williams tracks,there are plenty of "baffling"choices.

I don't know. Let's not, I don't think there has been a non-williams track yet. LOL

Justin -Who doesn't know a lot of these. :mrgreen:

Double: Whispering Winds and  The Zeppelin

Hint: Same composer

James Horner. The Land Before Time

Not sure about the second one. The Rocketter maybe?

Anyway here's mine. ;)

Track title: The Witnesses

Justin

OK scissorhands tell me, banghead I'd like to know.

Oh and congrats, looks like you won, ...that is unless someone else can guess it.

~Lord Gibson, recordando con el mundo la tragedia del 11 de Septiembre... que Dios les bendiga.

Conan the Barbarian., by Basil Poledouris.

Well, let's continue (this time easier): THE WORLD OF THE HEART (It's the main theme of a great score composed by......guess it)

Again, it's not a Williams score.

~Lord Gibson, recordando con el mundo la tragedia del 11 de Septiembre... que Dios les vendiga.

Que dios les vendiga, y también a TODAS las demás víctimas de cualquier terrorismo.

Today, I suggest listening to a Williams theme: HYMN TO THE FALLEN

~Lord Gibson, recordando con el mundo la tragedia del 11 de Septiembre... que Dios les vendiga.

Que dios les vendiga, y también a TODAS las demás víctimas de cualquier terrorismo.

Bendiga se escribe con B, B de Bless.

-ROSS, exasperado con estos errores cada vez mas frecuentes y finalizando el que sera su unico mensaje en español.

-ROSS, exasperado con estos errores cada vez mas frecuentes y finalizando el que sera su unico mensaje en español.

You are right, Mr. Perfect. más y único con tilde/acento, por favor LOL

You are right, Mr. Perfect. más y único con tilde/acento, por favor LOL

Not with an American keyboard. And don't get me started on the Ñ, it took me forever to find it.

Conan the Barbarian., by Basil Poledouris.

Well, let's continue (this time easier): THE WORLD OF THE HEART (It's the main theme of a great score composed by......guess it)

Again, it's not a Williams score.

I quote my own post so as to continue with the game.