Next Intrada Special Collection - Monsignor?

BigMacGyver

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black Hole wouldn't really be world-premiere (doesn't that normally mean unreleased even on LP?), but it would be nice. But it's Disney, and they've catergorically stated that they're not interested in reissuing old albums.

Also, Walkabout is from Fox, which would seem to make it even more likely.

Doug Fake said that Intrada estamines the amount of copies mainly by looking at the popularity of the title.

So why did the Young Sherlock Holmes promo get only 500 copies? :?

I'm very curious as to what these are. Hmm...

Doug Fake said that Intrada estamines the amount of copies mainly by looking at the popularity of the title.

So why did the Young Sherlock Holmes promo get only 500 copies? :?

I'm very curious as to what these are. Hmm...

You basically answered your own question. Young Sherlock Holmes was a promotional release and as such not allowed for a wide spread distribution. The amount of copies in this case was certainly influenced by a lot of restrictions since promos are usually not allowed for sale at all.

Never heard Monsignor, so I guess it's about time.

Oh, it's a lovely score. I'm particularly fond of the vibrant, romantic Italy theme, which is just marvelous.

OK, so I'll be getting ready for abig date, later tonight, and it's not with a cute girl -- maybe tomorrow, who knows ;)

Tonight will just be me and my computer, waiting for Intrada's anoucement of a most probably non-Williams release...

It's not Williams, Goldsmith or Newman.

That much has been confirmed.

So what are all the clues?

- Oscar winning composer

- Written after Alfred Newman died (so after 1970)

- Previously unreleased

- Not Williams, Goldsmith or Horner

- Fairly short score (as it's paired with another)

Is that all the clues?

In the thread at FSM someone did correctly guess the 2nd score, but they are not going to tell you which one it is.

It will be something that no one here, outside of a few of us, will even care about.

In the thread at FSM someone did correctly guess the 2nd score, but they are not going to tell you which one it is.

It will be something that no one here, outside of a few of us, will even care about.

Do you mean the second score? Or the whole disc?

How do you know it's not by Williams, Goldsmith or Horner?

Yes, how does one really know? I mean, I have a feeling, I'll loose my sleep -- as if I wouldn't loose it anyway -- in vain, but I guess no one is really sure.

Doug]It's fun to read your predictions. Labels necessarily play their cards close to their chests lately so dropping clues has become the name-of-the-game. Anyway, some of you are getting pretty sharp at this - but not so sharp this time. Think outside of the box, or something like that. In other words, there are several composers with Oscars and literally dozens of CDs that aren't named Williams, Goldsmith or Horner. Alfred Newman would be a good guess were it not for the fact he was dead when this one was scored. Whoooops! Another clue. I'd best just shut up. I'm encroaching on Roger's territory!

--Doug

Doug]It's fun to read your predictions. Labels necessarily play their cards close to their chests lately so dropping clues has become the name-of-the-game. Anyway, some of you are getting pretty sharp at this - but not so sharp this time. Think outside of the box, or something like that. In other words, there are several composers with Oscars and literally dozens of CDs that aren't named Williams, Goldsmith or Horner. Alfred Newman would be a good guess were it not for the fact he was dead when this one was scored. Whoooops! Another clue. I'd best just shut up. I'm encroaching on Roger's territory!

--Doug

Doh!!!! Oh, well, will just stay up for the fun of being sleepy tomorrow at luch time :sleepy:

Do you mean the second score? Or the whole disc?

The whole disc. It's not JW or JG. If those two names aren't attached to a score nobody here really cares.

You shouldn't be sleepy tomorrow, Miguel, you'll lose your spark :P

No you're wrong my young friend...

I'll look sleepy and I'll balme the kidsd... and guess who always get impressed with kind loving fathers :sleepy: